First game. Need advice

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Maybe the best thing about Atlanta is you can fly anywhere from here. 

I’ve been to Daytona twice. The first time was spring break in college. We got tossed from the hotel, and I slept on the beach. Long story, but I’m pretty sure the statute of limitations has passed. About 10 years ago we went back for the state HS weight lifting championship. The sound of the waves on the beach as we slept was much more calming than the bullhorns and police banging on the door.  

If you ever make it again to this area try staying in new Smyrna Beach area or at least visit the beach. That’s where I live. Very cool eclectic laid-back vibe. Only about 30 minutes south of Daytona.

13 hours ago, Thick or thin said:

Thank you to everyone that offered advice and tips. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you at one of the games. Been reading some of your posts since dial up modems. 

I have dial up modems beat.  I got my intro to the internet on WebTV.  All I had to do was hook a box up to my TV & phone line and get the internet without a computer.  I would get home & immediately dial up my WebTV to listen to WGR & Coach Dickerson.  I didn't get a home computer until 2002.  I couldn't print anything with WebTV, but I was able to do my version of printing: I could videotape the internet,  One time someone put out a lot of good draft info on their site & I videotaped pages of draft info & then froze each page as I read it off the TV/VCR.  

Getting back to the disadvantages of dial up.  One time on the day of the NFL draft my parents tried to call me and couldn't get me because my line was busy all day.  The next day they called & I told them I was on the internet all day because they were conducting the NFL draft. 

• Haha (+1) 1