First game. Need advice

18 hours ago, purple haze said:

Home opener.  Weather should be nice.  And the atmosphere for the home opener is always ???.  Being as it's the Chargers it will be extra lit because folks haven't forgotten that whuppin they put on us last November.

Bills games are part football game, part family reunion, part cookout, part camping trip, part rock concert, part x-games (and part bar room brawl depending where you sit).

Oh, and get Duff's wings.   

Experienced a lot of stadiums and their tailgating. Seems like every game I have went to the Bills fans were having a better time then the home team. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, eball said:

If you really had your choice of games I'd say go to the Monday nighter vs. the Pats*** in October, but if that's not an option then nothing beats the home opener.

Really thinking of doing both home opener and Monday night game. Would love to see the Bills play the pats and on Monday night football no less. 

Edited by Thick or thin

22 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The Home Depot's in Buffalo usually has tables on sale during the football season to accommodate pregame rituals 

I know this is a joke but, do any of the stores set up a special display of folding tables to sell for this reason?...it would be funny to walk into home depot or wal-mart and see such a thing...if I was a wal-mart store manager I would do it for sure..lol

My last home opener I wasn’t old enough to drink (legally). This home opener, some might argue I’m TOO old to drink. But that won’t stop me!  It’s been a long time, but I know the opener is special. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, mead107 said:

Opener.  

How many days do you plan on being in Buffalo. 

Take in the Falls.  

Have to do anchor bar, just because it’s where wings started. 

Probably 5 nights. Looking at hotel prices right now. 

9 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Home Opener.

Tailgate at Hammer's Lot 

4170 Abbott Rd.

Thank you 

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Home opener or the Monday night game

Hopefully both 

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

My last home opener I wasn’t old enough to drink (legally). This home opener, some might argue I’m TOO old to drink. But that won’t stop me!  It’s been a long time, but I know the opener is special. 

Do you live in Buffalo or will you have to travel? BTW, never too old to drink. 

12 minutes ago, Thick or thin said:

Do you live in Buffalo or will you have to travel? BTW, never too old to drink. 

Currently in Atlanta, and I catch more road games than home games these days. That’s fun too, but nothing like a home game, and few games beat the opener. (As mentioned, “hope” is a big factor there.)  I’m looking forward to meeting a bunch of folks at the tail gate, hope you make it. 

One more question now that I am contemplating the Monday night game also. Every time I look at available seats and select “best seat” option the majority displayed are on the visitors side. Can I go wrong? I know I am a visitor but I want to make sure I am around some diehard bills fans. 

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Currently in Atlanta, and I catch more road games than home games these days. That’s fun too, but nothing like a home game, and few games beat the opener. (As mentioned, “hope” is a big factor there.)  I’m looking forward to meeting a bunch of folks at the tail gate, hope you make it. 

Looks like I will be flying into Atlanta from Daytona and then onto Buffalo. Only $50 more than flying out of Orlando and I can have friends drop me off and pick me up. Live in NSB, very convenient flying out of Daytona. 

7 minutes ago, Thick or thin said:

Looks like I will be flying into Atlanta from Daytona and then onto Buffalo. Only $50 more than flying out of Orlando and I can have friends drop me off and pick me up. Live in NSB, very convenient flying out of Daytona. 

Maybe the best thing about Atlanta is you can fly anywhere from here. 

I’ve been to Daytona twice. The first time was spring break in college. We got tossed from the hotel, and I slept on the beach. Long story, but I’m pretty sure the statute of limitations has passed. About 10 years ago we went back for the state HS weight lifting championship. The sound of the waves on the beach as we slept was much more calming than the bullhorns and police banging on the door.  

14 hours ago, mead107 said:

Opener.  

How many days do you plan on being in Buffalo. 

Take in the Falls.  

Have to do anchor bar, just because it’s where wings started. 

F-that. Duffs are better. Bar Bill is better. Hell, just about any corner mom and pop pizza shop ha e better wings than Anchor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

F-that. Duffs are better. Bar Bill is better. Hell, just about any corner mom and pop pizza shop ha e better wings than Anchor. 

I don’t think wings should be that hard, but most of the country proves me wrong. I took my sons to Bills home games when they turned 16, a rite of passage. I grew up in WNY, but my first trip to the Anchor Bar was with my oldest son. It was the day USC beat ND with the “Bush Push”. An instant classic. We did the Maid of the Mist and a St Joes home game, then that. Amazing day. Great times. 

I DID go to Duff’s growing up, but really for the pitchers. Next trip I’ll get reacquainted with Duff’s wings. And beer. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I am pretty sure the Bills have enacted a no "No Augie " rule..kinda like a no firearm rule.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am pretty sure the Bills have enacted a no "No Augie " rule..kinda like a no firearm rule.

That was under the Russ regime. It’s why I had to set him up the way I did. Don’t worry, he went down happy. I’m a benevolent crusher of souls. (Yeah, you rarely hear those words in that order, I know.) 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Remember those rules when you party it up with him and Icebowl67 in Green Bay.

I’m fully expecting a fake address. I’ll have drones out looking for RV’s within a few blocks, with special attention on houses gone ablaze! 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That deranged soul and I will NEVER be at the same tailgate..book it!

I assume you have never had the pleasure of meeting Icebowl67, so it seems rude of you to refer to him in that way!  

• Haha (+1) 1