What is the most boring NFL city?

14 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t agree on Dallas at all. I think it’s a fine city, not sure it’s very underrated outside of the poster you’re responding to. 

Well, let’s just say Dallas exceeded my expectations for it.

Charlotte gets my vote. Everything is shiny and new and corporate. Everybody dressed like they're going to lunch at the country club. A banking city with no soul. On the plus side, there are multiple Bills bars there due to all the WNY transplants. KC and Indy are much better than people think. I have never been to Green Bay, but have spent time in Madison and LaCrosse, and was amazed at how much fun wisconsin's small cities are. Great classic dive bars everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I live in Jax and can attest to its mind numbing boredom. Personally, I have no love for Atlanta. ‘Jewel of the South’ my butt. It’s a soulless, empty city with no appreciable culture, style or cuisine.

HEY! I live in Atlanta!

And I agree with you..... at least it’s not †erribly cold.

I’d throw in Tampa. Despite a climate I enjoyed, the city did nothing for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Spent 26 summers in Buffalo. They don’t host 3 of the 5 biggest festivals in the country. 

Maybe they started celebrating when you left?    ?

3 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Jacksonville getting a lot of action in this thread. Their fan base is weak as hell. But as someone who has lived in both Jacksonville and WNY, there’s a lot more to do in Jax. One downside is the city is very spread out, so as a fan coming in for a game that doesn’t leave downtown, you’re pretty much only seeing the worst part of the city (downtown/stadium area) 

Jacksonville is the tale of two cities, all wrapped in one. There are some very, very nice areas, then before you know it....you’re in the wrong place! We spent a bunch of time there when our son was at UNF, and I loved some parts, and feared others. Like most places, but a little more extreme I thought. The changes happened fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I'm doing a brewery tour, as they look to have some really good ones, and the food options also look really good. Other than that, there is a well reviewed contemporary art gallery/ museum and some general walking around that are the other options. I've always found a good Bills Backers tailgate for away games but I haven't even found that yet. Fingers crossed.

Edit: I chose Minny for the stadium so I don't think I'll be disappointed regardless.

51DE75F5-A524-4144-BF83-C78055647A21.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FluffHead said:

51DE75F5-A524-4144-BF83-C78055647A21.jpeg

Awesome! Anything happening pre-game? I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency at this point but might switch. Wish I had found this earlier as I would have gone in on the group tix. Did that a few years back for MNF in Seattle and it was idyllic.

Any city can be a blast if you travel with a fun group.  Indy, regarding the game day experience is flat out last in the league.  No question. 

However, the city itself can be fun; over a week-end.  Mind you, it is fun due in large part to the number of visitors in the very friendly and accommodating downtown.  Locals tend to find Broad Ripple more fun, yet, that stops being downtown Indy.

The grass is always greener; I suppose. 

17 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

It has to be Indianapolis, right? I have only drive through, so my assessment may be ignorant, but that would be the last place I would venture to for a football game! 

Kind of a random thought, sorry. 

San Diego St Louis

seriously:

Green Bay

nothing wrong with it if you like small Midwest cities which I do and find plenty of fun to do in it, but to NFL players who need big lights night life etc etc it is not a big city lights environment, Buffalo looks like Toronto in comparison.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Awesome! Anything happening pre-game? I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency at this point but might switch. Wish I had found this earlier as I would have gone in on the group tix. Did that a few years back for MNF in Seattle and it was idyllic.

I am not staying at that hotel nor am I part of the group Tix. But I plan on going to the Saturday night party. Figure I can find the Sunday tailgate from there 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Too spread out, no focal points. There are great places then miles of ??? I’d rather spend a weekend in Ft Worth.

Agreed.  Dallas sucks.  My friends from there remind me there is nothing to do there but shop at the mall.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Agreed.  Dallas sucks.  My friends from there remind me there is nothing to do there but shop at the mall.

Dallas is surrounded with great bass fishing lakes, much like Tulsa. Even if you don't like fishing, the boat parties there, and here, are epic! Also has a great music scene, good food, and culture. I hate to give Dallas props, but it is certainly not boring.

17 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

why do you say that honestly ?
did you have an exceptionally boring time in Indiana ?

: )

I have only driven through. Southern Illinois and all of Indiana looked boring AF to me. So,  yes, the several hours I spent in Indiana, and the 30 minutes I spent driving through their capitol was as boring as any place I have ever ventured through. 

Don't get me started on Ohio! What a boring drive through!  I have never been to, or through Cleveland or Cincinnati, so I give them the benefit of doubt. I get the impression that I could have fun in either of those cities.