What is the most boring NFL city?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Buffalo is up there although is much better than it was. Detroit, GB, Cincinatti, Oakland and Jacksonville are all in the mix. 

Anyone that says Buffalo obviously isnt here in the summer when it transforms into the Festival capital of the US holding 3 of the biggest 5 festivals in the country and uncountable small ones...you could literally spend every weekend going to festivals, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 a day...

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am nothing but delighted you caught my nonsensical quip !
: )
It was actually for fun.

who the heck knows about other cities and how boring they may or may not be ? you lived in Baltimore, and that may be your best comparison to Buffalo.
Most of us are not globetrotters and able to discern the nightlife and fun factors in other cities.
 silly thread. i had a silly answer

and now you know my character. or lack thereof ☺️

Many more of us than you obviously realize.

Silly post.

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

My group is doing Green Bay this year for our Bills trip but we have decided to stay in Milwaukee first to hang out and party as it seems there really isn't much else going on in Green Bay

Green bay, just the "city" of Green bay has to be hands down the least interesting of all.

However, if you're going to the game, I'd recommend going to the packer museum in the stadium and tailgating/hanging out in the nearby stadium area for a couple hours before the game.  There is a large bar or two within walking distance of the stadium and fun on game days. Not sure if the museum is open on game day or if it is it's packed (pun intended) and tough to get in.  For an evening Saturday night you can have fun in Green bay.  You can only be in one bar at a time no matter where you are and Green Bay has its share.  The fried walleye in the area is top notch. 

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This...

Cincinnati?  Nah, get down by the water, it's great.  Montgomery Inn for BBQ, great. 

Edited by keepthefaith

16 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Green bay, just the "city" of Green bay has to be hands down the least interesting of all.

However, if you're going to the game, I'd recommend going to the packer museum in the stadium and tailgating/hanging out in the nearby stadium area for a couple hours before the game.  There is a large bar or two within walking distance of the stadium and fun on game days. Not sure if the museum is open on game day or if it is it's packed (pun intended) and tough to get in.  For an evening Saturday night you can have fun in Green bay.  You can only be in one bar at a time no matter where you are and Green Bay has its share.  The fried walleye in the area is top notch. 

Cincinnati?  Nah, get down by the water, it's great.  Montgomery Inn for BBQ, great. 

We are gonna head in to Green Bay Saturday before the game and get a stadium tour and I assume there will be time to check out the museum too.  Is there any good places to get some Brats?? 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Oakland...

I so disagree if we're talking about metro areas.  The greater East Bay area is far from boring: multicultural, great eateries, museums, music venues, parks, etc.  

2 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

It has to be Indianapolis, right? I have only drive through, so my assessment may be ignorant, but that would be the last place I would venture to for a football game! 

Kind of a random thought, sorry. 

I've been to Indy many times and I think you sell it short.  It's in the bottom half of the league, for sure, but not dead last.  

In terms of game day experience, I’ve heard sf and la are really bad. 

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Charlotte is boring as hell. It's a bank branch that kept growing until they legally had to call it a "city."

Having lived there for six years, you’re half right. If you visit it feels like there’s not much to do. No major things hitting you over the head that seem appealing. But living there, we know the ins and outs and it’s a lot of fun. 

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Anyone that says Buffalo obviously isnt here in the summer when it transforms into the Festival capital of the US holding 3 of the biggest 5 festivals in the country and uncountable small ones...you could literally spend every weekend going to festivals, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 a day...

Every place I've lived has lots of festivals.  I was raised in Buffalo and never thought our festivals were particular special.  When I think of great American festivals I think of Mardi Gras, Burning Man, Coachella, St. Patty's Day, Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits, Lollapalouza, Sasquatch...  not the Allentown Art or Friendship festivals.  

I confess, though, that I've never made it to the Buffalo Wing festival and really regret that.   On the other hand, I grew up in the rock-n-roll 60s and 70s and despise disco so let's not mention that other famous Buffalo festival.  

What are the 3 you're referring to?  Maybe I'm missing something???

P.S.  I tried to google "biggest festivals in America" and didn't come up with a good list.  I did, though, find an article in Travel & Leisure magazine on best  cities in the country for festivals and Buffalo didn't make the top 20.  

https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-festivals-america-cities#20

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Every place I've lived has lots of festivals.  I was raised in Buffalo and never thought our festivals were particular special.  When I think of great American festivals I think of Mardi Gras, Burning Man, Coachella, St. Patty's Day, Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits, Lollapalouza, Sasquatch...  not the Allentown Art or Friendship festivals.  

I confess, though, that I've never made it to the Buffalo Wing festival and really regret that.   On the other hand, I grew up in the rock-n-roll 60s and 70s and despise disco so let's not mention that other famous Buffalo festival.  

What are the 3 you're referring to?  Maybe I'm missing something???

P.S.  I tried to google "biggest festivals in America" and didn't come up with a good list.  I did, though, find an article in Travel & Leisure magazine on best  cities in the country for festivals and Buffalo didn't make the top 20.  

https://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows/best-festivals-america-cities#20

Taste of Buffalo is the largest 2 day food festival in the country and 2nd to only the Chicago Food festival overall but that lasts a week.

The Italian Festival pulls between 400-600K annually and the CanalFest between 250-300K.

The Erie County fair is one of the largest county fairs in the country.

This isnt counting the fact we have the largest Dyngus Day celebration in the WORLD, nor the National Wing Festival.

Basically if its a reason to party, drink and eat people in Buffalo are all about it.

And other places may have some festiivals but not the volume we have. Not even close. I know this because I know people here that have lived in many other large cities and they are in awe of our festival scene. They thinknits the coolest thing ever.

Just another case of people living here that don't get it until other people from other places bring it to our attention...

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, disagree with Buffalo too. Every time I brought someone to a game and partied the weekend before they all had an excellent time. 

Some folks like to bash the area, pretty unwarranted in my opinion. Maybe they haven’t done much traveling to compare? 

I've been to every NFL city at least once except for Green Bay.  At different times of my life, I've lived in the NE, NW, SE, SW (sort of: California) and Midwest.  And I personally think Buffalo is indeed one of the most boring cities in the NFL.  

But I will say, my wife and children are not Buffalonians and they always enjoy visiting WNY.   They don't seem to find it boring.  

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

You'd be surprised.  I travel to Indy for business on occasion and they have a really built-up downtown with tons of bars, restaurants, museums, etc.  There's also some good bike and running trails in and near downtown.  They have a lot of convention space, plus the Pacers Fieldhouse, plus Lucas Oil field, so they have lots of visitors in town all the time.  They got high marks when they hosted the Super Bowl a few years ago and they also have hosted numerous Big 10 Football Championship games, Big 10 Basketball tournaments and Final Fours.  So, I would actually recommend Indy highly.  Oakland is pretty bad, but near SF and other good parts of the Bay Area.  Green Bay is amazing for football Sundays (I have been to one game there and am going to the Bills game again there this year), but other than that, not much to see other than an old industrial town.  I have never been to Charlotte, but it doesn't inspire me.  Truth be told, I can have fun in any city.

+1 on Indy.  We hung out there a couple different times for Formula 1 races and thought it was a pretty good and compact downtown.   The mid-west in general is underrated IMO.

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Taste of Buffalo is the largest 2 day food festival in the country and 2nd to only the Chicago Food festival overall but that lasts a week.

The Italian Festival pulls between 400-600K annually and the CanalFest between 250-300K.

The Erie County fair is one of the largest county fairs in the country.

This isnt counting the fact we have the largest Dyngus Day celebration in the WORLD, nor the National Wing Festival.

Basically if its a reason to party, drink and eat people in Buffalo are all about it.

And other places may have some festiivals but not the volume we have. Not even close. I know this because I know people here that have lived in many other large cities and they are in awe of our festival scene. They thinknits the coolest thing ever.

Just another case of people living here that don't get it until other people from other places bring it to our attention...

Taste of Buffalo has 59 food & beverage vendors this year.  The Seattle Street Food Festival has 150.  Which is better?   

I'm not saying Buffalo doesn't have great festivals.  I'm just saying we shouldn't be parochial homers.  There's a lot of great stuff happening in other cities.   I don't know - maybe things have changed but I lived in Buffalo for 20 years and never felt "awe" at the festival scene there.  

Though let me humbly concede the uniqueness of Buffalo's Dyngus Day celebration!

I originally interpreted this thread as meaning what city has the most boring football atmosphere. Then the OP stated that it’s simply the most boring city with an NFL team. If this is the case, how has the thread lasted four pages? The answer is unequivocally Green Bay. 

22 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Taste of Buffalo has 59 food & beverage vendors this year.  The Seattle Street Food Festival has 150.  Which is better?   

I'm not saying Buffalo doesn't have great festivals.  I'm just saying we shouldn't be parochial homers.  There's a lot of great stuff happening in other cities.   I don't know - maybe things have changed but I lived in Buffalo for 20 years and never felt "awe" at the festival scene there.  

Though let me humbly concede the uniqueness of Buffalo's Dyngus Day celebration!

Apparently the one bringing 500-600K people from all over the country and Canada...in just the time I was there this year walking to and from our car I counted license plates from 11 states and 3 provinces...

Edited by matter2003

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Never been there, but GB seems like an obvious choice, if you're just talking about night life and partying. I bet their game days are pretty fun, though.

Exactly. GB has a metro area population of 312K. That’s around 800 K less than the Buffalo-Niagara region (one of he smallest NFL markets). Cities the size of Green Bay just aren’t that exciting in comparison to larger cities.