Reggie Ragland story

42 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

So, you are saying they should have kept him even though he didn’t fit the scheme?

Interesting.

No.

I’m saying why pay so much for a scheme specific player in the first place and then turn around a year later before he has even played a game and trade him for some chump change you will get in two years time..

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

No.

I’m saying why pay so much for a scheme specific player in the first place and then turn around a year later before he has even played a game and trade him for some chump change you will get in two years time..

They didn't draft him.  Rex did.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills drafted him and traded him..

Making the point that the situation  is very Billsy..

A different regime and coach drafted him.  And they made the playoffs last year.  What's your point again?

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

he never played a down? he was injured

He played in preseason and in camp and did not earn a spot.  Simple.  He may be a better fit in KC.  Good for him.

But in Buffalo other guys played better and earned a spot over him in camp.  And that's life in the NFL

1 minute ago, Doc said:

A different regime and coach drafted him.  And they made the playoffs last year.  What's your point again?

Sorry, I can’t make it any clearer...

Making the playoffs doesn’t mean you don’t make any mistakes either... lot of Chiefs fans think they got a bargain.. I agree with their opinion.. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

KC sat him until the 5th game to give him time to recover from his knee injury. We had no patience.

We could see he wasn't going to be a good it. As Beane said sometimes part of trading a guy is to give him a new opportunity

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

They didn't draft him.  Rex did.

Whiley drafted him but I am sure Rex told him that he was needed to fix defense.

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills drafted him and traded him..

Making the point that the situation  is very Billsy..

Cut the crap of calling decisions you do not like "Billsy".

Might as start calling full of crap posts Aussies.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sorry, I can’t make it any clearer...

Making the playoffs doesn’t mean you don’t make any mistakes either... lot of Chiefs fans think they got a bargain.. I agree with their opinion..

Time will tell whether the Bills made a mistake.  Again, I wouldn't change a thing they did last year, and that includes trading Ragland.

We are glad to have Ragland here....he fits what they want him to do wich is mostly be a run stuffer....as the season goes on you can really see that he excells at reading the play, getting to the gap, filling, shedding etc...as other here have mentioned, Ragland isn't all that adept at coverage...and that's fine.  KC won't ask him to do much of it....for his role etc...now having recovered from the injury and seeing him progress, I'd say we got a good deal....we'll see how it goes this year.  Another person mentioned we signed an LB (Hitchens from Dallas) ....that was to replace Derrick Johnson...a great LB in his time..but he was noticibly VERY SLOW.....no longer able to pursue sideline to sideline nor cover like he once did....major liability....loved him as a player but time caught up to him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not sure how they good judge his talent when he wasn’t a 100%.

They had a season to play.  When a guy can't get past third string you basically have three choices.  Put him on the practice squad, cut him, or trade him.   Trading him gave him a fresh start and gave us a pick back.

Beane didn't trade the picks to get him, Whaley did.  And Ryan.  Maybe if he hadn't wrecked his knee things would have been different.  But he did.  And they weren't.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Cut the crap of calling decisions you do not like "Billsy".

Might as start calling full of crap posts Aussies.

I make no apologies of being critical of Bills recent drafting prior to 2017...

That might be a “full of crap”opinion but I think it’s supported by how so few draft choices are still on the team..

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He could have been our Brandon Spikes 2.0 ? but SCHEME happened

If the scheme has him covering RBs or slot receivers, it wouldn’t work. If they have him in zone coverage, it would work. He’s not Brandon Spikes.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I make no apologies of being critical of Bills recent drafting prior to 2017...

That might be a “full of crap”opinion but I think it’s supported by how so few draft choices are still on the team..

I didn't like John Rausch making OJ into a decoy, but it's not really relevant to what Beane and McDermott did.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

If the scheme has him covering RBs or slot receivers, it wouldn’t work. If they have him in zone coverage, it would work. He’s not Brandon Spikes.

Yeah I'm being facetious he's great, certainly better than NOTHING but try to convince that to guys that think good defensive players can't play in a SCHEME

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah I'm being facetious he's great, certainly better than NOTHING but try to convince that to guys that think good defensive players can't play in a SCHEME

I think I'll trust McD and Frazier on this topic over you.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I didn't like John Rausch making OJ into a decoy, but it's not really relevant to what Beane and McDermott did.

I thought they traded Ragland?

Im talking about both drafting him and trading him and both being decisions I didn’t agree with in terms of the amount paid and received...

I am allowed to express that opinion right?