Kyle's playoff pre-game speech ...chills.

Logic

So I'm sure by now most of you have seen the 2017 Bills season review on NFL Network.

Toward the end, they played Kyle Williams' Jacksonville playoff pre-game locker room speech. It reminded me why he's my favorite Bills player of all time and sent chills up my spine. For those who haven't had a chance to see it, I'm not aware of any free video of it being available, but here it is in text format:

"I want you to go back in time, men, and think about a time that you were thinking to yourself, “Man, I just want a chance, I just want a chance to GET to the NFL. I just want a chance to play. And if I could just get a chance to get in the playoffs, man"…Go back there in your mind, and remember the type of effort you promised yourself you would give! Remember the type of gut-straining effort you said “I will give that if I have the opportunity to do that”. Look at your men when you walk out the door. Because we don’t just strain for that name on the back, men. We got a banner that covers 53 in here, and tens of thousands outside. That’s who we represent. We represent passion, energy, and love! And that’s who we are! That’s who we’ve been. And that’s what’s gonna carry us through, men. We are different. We are a different kind of team, men. It’s time to show that today."

Anyway...not just the speech, but the passion with which he delivers it...just awesome. When the day comes that #95 finally hangs up his cleats, it will be an enormous loss for the Buffalo locker room. Here's hoping he ends up on the Ring of Honor where he belongs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

"Talk is cheap.  Results matter.  In the end, they lost that game."
- ScottLaw, Mr. WEO

Was just thinking the same thing.  Appreciate the passion but it doesn't mean squat.  It didn't work and they still lost because tyrod sucks!

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Was just thinking the same thing.  Appreciate the passion but it doesn't mean squat.  It didn't owrk and they still lost becasue tyrod sucks!

LOL!  Some of you guys just kill me.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

Right. Clearly the fact that the Bills lost the game completely invalidates the passion and eloquence of a player who gave a pre-game speech, and therefore my admiration for said player. What was I thinking?
?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Was just thinking the same thing.  Appreciate the passion but it doesn't mean squat.  It didn't work and they still lost because tyrod sucks!

It means a lot more.  OK, we lost the game BUT we made the playoffs.  I would prefer that we had won BUT we're finally heading in the right direction.

I saw the NFL network show, and if i didn't know how our season ended, I'd swear they were super bowl bound.  We have to start somewhere, and this is our best chance to do that, in way too many seasons.  Go BILLS!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know how anyone couldn't have been happy with making the playoffs and even losing that game.  The next game was at the Cheaters and they had no chance.  Yet they broke the 17-year drought with a team everyone thought was going to secure the 1st overall pick, they were able to add defensive talent in FA and the draft, and might have gotten their franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

- ScottLaw, Mr. WEO, Dablitzkrieg

Not me bro, I'm for Kyle.  And playoffs is playoffs.

Keep swinging though, you'll eventually make contact.  Might want to stick with Tee-ball though...

4 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

- ScottLaw, Mr. WEO, Dablitzkrieg

You completely missed LOGIC's post.  He was sharing his admiration for the fighting spirit, leadership, and team-player attitude of Kyle.  I got his post.  And I agree.  

Just now, RichardLee said:

You completely missed LOGIC's post.  He was sharing his admiration for the fighting spirit, leadership, and team-player attitude of Kyle.  I got his post.  And I agree.  

I fully understood what Logic meant.  I was just pointing out that there will be posters, like the ones I mentioned, who will crap all over Kyle's speech, because they wound up losing the game in the end.

14 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I fully understood what Logic meant.  I was just pointing out that there will be posters, like the ones I mentioned, who will crap all over Kyle's speech, because they wound up losing the game in the end.

In my mind the defense didn't lose that game. It was a good speech. So it wouldn't be a good look to trash the speech because they lost. If anything I feel sorry for the defense losing that game because the offense was dead on arrival. 

I love my team and I understand the struggle. I seen the impact of the culture change before and throughout the season. The team just couldn't score points..... It was a serious weakness. 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Some of you guys just kill me.  :rolleyes:

Some the guys I wish would be killed or just be put in a 17 year coma.

32 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Some will crap over Bills no matter WHAT they do.  They like crap.