My favorite city in Canada is Buffalo, NY

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Please keep this political conversation out of TSW. There is a thread about this down in PPP where it can be discussed.

I will leave it alone, I was just replying to a comment. However, the discussion at PPP is actually just me being attacked. Yeah, I am a liberal, but it's just ridiculous conservatives that have turned the word liberal, which just means open minded and forward thinking, into a bad word.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We definitely take our fair share, but we are not bordering any country other than you. I understand that the crack down must occur, I just 100% disagree with the tactic of separating families. That is inhumaneWe definitely take our fair share, but we are not bordering any country other than you. I understand that the crack down must occur, I just 100% disagree with the tactic of separating families. That is inhumane

I agree. 100%. Never should kids be separated unless clear proof of abuse or trafficking etc etc....

My main point on illegal immigration. A great country does not allow it. They have controlled immigration. The safety and well being of current citizens come first as that is what the constitution states. Anything less and gov't is a failure. What happens to US citizen land owners at the southern border is criminal and the fed allows it to continue. After we fix that only then we should let in all we can handle after that. Lucky for Canada you don't have that problem as you don't have a lot of economically disadvantaged living close to your southern border.

I hope that continues, because if majority of the illegals move north and then jobs dry up they will be coming into Canada ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I will leave it alone, I was just replying to a comment. However, the discussion at PPP is actually just me being attacked. Yeah, I am a liberal, but it's just ridiculous conservatives that have turned the word liberal, which just means open minded and forward thinking, into a bad word.

If your case is any good it should be able to stand up to all the "attacks" you are receiving. Please go to PPP and point out these "attacks".

36 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We definitely take a good amount ( see: Syria and Somalia)but we are not bordering any country other than you. I understand that the crack down must occur, I just 100% disagree with the tactic of separating families. That Is inhumane.

That tactic is a feature of the screwed-up system of legislation put in place by Congress.  Basically: there's two sets of laws (the Immigration and Naturalization Act, and various anti-trafficking laws) and one court agreement (the Flores agreement) that, combined and enforced literally, require the separation of families.  

It's Congress' place to fix it.  The problem is that Americans are stupid, and keep expecting the President to change the laws - as they've been doing via EO or worse, DHS memo, for 20 years now - and electing Congresscritters who won't do anything.

The problem isn't the idiot in the White House.  The problem is the idiots that keep getting elected to Congress.  Sadly, that's not changing any time soon, since the American electorate has been taught that the presidency is authoritarian and Congress powerless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1