My favorite city in Canada is Buffalo, NY

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I want their currency.

And television and Super Bowl commercials, and cell phone rate plans

I'll be glad to take 90's Sarah McLachlan off your hands.... Plus two pounds of that ham you people mistakenly call bacon... Oh, and all the Labatt's blue you can stuff in my trunk, back seat, front seat, and glove compartment.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/20/2018 at 2:47 PM, xsoldier54 said:

That's the whole point of America.  We don't want to be like Europe.  We want to be American.  Canada on the other hand is still a British Commonwealth.  They have a Governor General in every Province and still have to ask the Queen's permission in order to have an election.  They still pay taxes to the crown.  No thanks.

is that why they speak French ??

10 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I'll be glad to take 90's Sarah McLachlan off your hands.... Plus two pounds of that ham you people mistakenly call bacon... Oh, and all the Labatt's blue you can stuff in my trunk, back seat, front seat, and glove compartment.

we used to travel to Canada just for the beer as youths.
Brador or any one of the molson products was a great road trip.
they no longer let folks like me in. and the Brewers Retail got a bit expensive anyways.
I like Canada pretty good though. wish i moved there years ago.\ before they were on to my shenanigans

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

Huh? Want to be Americans? Hell no. I will 100% disagree with that. I hope you are being facetious. We live close to the border because living further north is generally land where over half year is frigid and the rest is black fly and mosquito infested. In order to live comfortably, the vast majority live along the border.  With the ridiculous politics of America, there may be 1% of the population of our country that wants to actually be American. 

I mean zero disrespect to the US or its citizens with the above comment, it's just facts. 99% of our country thinks your gun laws are ridiculous, your president is a moron and the laws being implemented by this government surrounding immigration absolutely horrific and inverse to everything that your country was built upon. You may have had a decent chance to convince us to join with Obama or if Bernie had been elected, but only a fool of a Canadian would want to give up our medical system and inclusive  mentality for the mess that the US is under right now.

But still, I like to visit, have many American friends and really like the vast majority of your beautiful country.

edit: After re-reading my post, I think it a perfect example of a PPP post. Sorry to any offended.

This is a perfect example of a misguided PPP post from a person not very knowledgeable about the subject(s) they opine about.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

is that why they speak French ??

we used to travel to Canada just for the beer as youths.
Brador or any one of the molson products was a great road trip.
they no longer let folks like me in. and the Brewers Retail got a bit expensive anyways.
I like Canada pretty good though. wish i moved there years ago.\ before they were on to my shenanigans

I lived in Missisauga for 2 years as a child...

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is a perfect example of a misguided PPP post from a person not very knowledgeable about the subject(s) they opine about.

Really? Meet me at PPP. Both of us, obviously, have differing opinions. We each think the other wrong, but calling mine misguided is where you see a problem in current society. Mine is guided by my opinion in watching the state of us politics and the absolute division of a country not so long ago headed in, what I opine to  be, the right direction. I would like to know about where yours is coming from.Many people in the US are following a president who has pushed an agenda favoring the wealthy and a direction towards oligarchy. If you are not wealthy or you believe in the ability for everyone to have an equal opportunity to succeed and not be suppressed by a controlling and dictatorial government/financial elite, I wonder why you would follow him.

The physical beauty of my country is unquestionable, but the true beauty of it is its people and our overwhelming belief in inclusion. The second we elect a clown like Trump is the second I denounce us as well.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Really? Meet me at PPP. Both of us, obviously, have differing opinions. We each think the other wrong, but calling mine misguided is where you see a problem in current society. Mine is guided by my opinion in watching the state of us politics and the absolute division of a country not so long ago headed in, what I opine to  be, the right direction. Many people in the US are following a president who has pushed an agenda favoring the wealthy and a direction towards oligarchy.

The physical beauty of my country is unquestionable, but the true beauty of it is its people and our overwhelming belief in inclusion. The second we elect a clown like Trump is the second I denounce us as well.

What you are posting doesn't belong on TSW. Come post it on PPP and we'll discuss.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2018 at 7:13 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

But You have to come to The U.S. if you want your cancer treated by 2020.. 

?

My sister's, ex's mother would play bingo in F.Erie every week... They knew her by first her name, just waved her through when they saw her vehicle.

Ah... The good old days.

Chagall

Always gotta have The Chicken:

1b6ab149bb83e4bc829c7b8be9f7bad8.jpg

We also have polar bears as pets.   :)

don't believe everything you hear...take it from a guy who has spent a third of his life in the USA and 2/3s in canada. 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:40 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

I mean zero disrespect to the US or its citizens with the above comment, it's just facts. 99% of our country thinks your gun laws are ridiculous, your president is a moron and the laws being implemented by this government surrounding immigration absolutely horrific and inverse to everything that your country was built upon. You may have had a decent chance to convince us to join with Obama or if Bernie had been elected, but only a fool of a Canadian would want to give up our medical system and inclusive  mentality for the mess that the US is under right now.

Safe to say you know nothing about the US, if that's how the US creates laws.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, MiltonWaddams said:

Huh? Want to be Americans? Hell no. I will 100% disagree with that. I hope you are being facetious. We live close to the border because living further north is generally land where over half year is frigid and the rest is black fly and mosquito infested. In order to live comfortably, the vast majority live along the border.  With the ridiculous politics of America, there may be 1% of the population of our country that wants to actually be American. 

But still, I like to visit, have many American friends and really like the vast majority of your beautiful country.

edit: After re-reading my post, I think it a perfect example of a PPP post. Sorry to any offended.

I agree with you on almost all except the illegal immigration point.

Why doesn't Canada take all our illegals and all the new arrivals and provide for them like American taxpayers pay through the nose for.

Can't you guys help your American brothers out?

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

I agree with you on almost all except the illegal immigration point.

Why doesn't Canada take all our illegals and all the new arrivals and provide for them like American taxpayers pay through the nose for.

Can't you guys help your American brothers out?

We definitely take a good amount ( see: Syria and Somalia)but we are not bordering any country other than you. I understand that the crack down must occur, I just 100% disagree with the tactic of separating families. That Is inhumane.

Edited by MiltonWaddams