How the Bills shocked themselves and landed Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds in 2018 NFL Draft

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I love it. 

Edmunds was my guy from day one and I never dreamed we'd get our QB and him. Great draft. I understand some dislike Allen, but the reality is this: We got our QB without giving up next years picks. If these guys turn out to be studs (which both are capable of) this will go down as one of the best drafts in the history of the NFL. 

I would rather spend 2 weeks in the building before the draft then stand on the sideline of a Bills Superbowl. Call me crazy. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-the-bills-shocked-themselves-and-landed-josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-in-2018-nfl-draft/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The article is written by La Canfora

"Last August we started flipping on the film of these guys from the previous season," Beane said. "Josh Allen at Wyoming and [Josh] Rosen from the previous year at UCLA and [Sam] Darnold and all of those guys, and getting to know Baker [Mayfield] and Mason Rudolph and Lamar [Jackson]. You're going, 'Man there are a lot of different flavors here.' It's going to be kind of, 'What do you want?'

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-the-bills-shocked-themselves-and-landed-josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-in-2018-nfl-draft/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The article is written by La Canfora

"Last August we started flipping on the film of these guys from the previous season," Beane said. "Josh Allen at Wyoming and [Josh] Rosen from the previous year at UCLA and [Sam] Darnold and all of those guys, and getting to know Baker [Mayfield] and Mason Rudolph and Lamar [Jackson]. You're going, 'Man there are a lot of different flavors here.' It's going to be kind of, 'What do you want?'

Posted yesterday:

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I would rather spend 2 weeks in the building before the draft then stand on the sideline of a Bills Superbowl. Call me crazy. 

Oh put me there too. Obviously I'd rather the Bills win a Superbowl but if you said I could be on the sideline for that or in the draft room for the moments that built that team it is a no brainer for me. Draft room every time.

I was a bit late on Edmunds. I didn't think his 2016 tape was that impressive. I think there is so much growth on his 2017 tape. He went from 2nd rounder to top 10 player for me. Big jump. Think he is going to make a huge difference to this D. 

On 7/19/2018 at 2:56 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

It's literally the title of the article 

I remember SCREAMING “YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!” When I saw that we traded up with the ravens.  I knew for sure it was Edmunds.  What a terrific trade that was getting a top 7 talent for Tyrod and 22

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I remember SCREAMING “YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!” When I saw that we traded up with the ravens.  I knew for sure it was Edmunds.  What a terrific trade that was getting a top 7 talent for Tyrod and 22

I was still on the rollercoaster that was the Allen pick, then seeing us move up again sparked a whole new second wind