Sign in to follow this  
papazoid

Forbes - Bills have one of NFL's 10 Richest Owners

And this is why the Bills' and Sabres' futures are secure.  Pegula doesn't need them to be remarkably profitable.

• Thanks 1

Good for him..... NOW build us a perennial super bowl contender kthx

Only 2 or 3 of those 10 teams are consistently successful...

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

It’s north of 10 billion

It is?

I thought Pegula was worth more around $6 billion, but whatever. Still pretty cool that we have an owner with very deep pockets. Bills/Sabres ain’t going anywhere for a long long time. 

36 minutes ago, eball said:

And this is why the Bills' and Sabres' futures are secure.  Pegula doesn't need them to be remarkably profitable.

Wouldn't the Sabres benefit from an owner with more at stake financially?

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It is?

that's what i've heard.  they haven't adjusted his worth since he sold the company 10 years ago. or accounted for any worth accumulated while he owned the company. basically just based it off what he sold the company for.  do you really think he hasnt invested his money after the sale of the company? 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

that's what i've heard.  they haven't adjusted his worth since he sold the company 10 years ago. or accounted for any worth accumulated while he owned the company. basically just based it off what he sold the company for.  do you really think he hasnt invested his money after the sale of the company? 

I haven’t heard $10B but have heard well north of $5B. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it were that high. Pegula carries very little debt which isn’t the case with all of these guys. His money grows fast. 

33 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I thought Pegula was worth more around $6 billion, but whatever. Still pretty cool that we have an owner with very deep pockets. Bills/Sabres ain’t going anywhere for a long long time. 

how about out of last place?

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like Golisano and Rigas?

LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If I had a few extra billion lying around, I’d look into owning a sports team...

Check under the cushions of your sofa. That should get you started....

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Um...No...they could easily sell the team if they were financially at risk. 

I really don't know why I feel the need to reply to these types of posts as I know they are just bait, no on can possibly think this way...

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Why wouldn't they have adjusted his net worth figures for 10 years, but have done so with the other billionaires?

38 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Like Golisano and Rigas?

LOL

They weren't this bad with Golisano. 

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Check under the cushions of your sofa. That should get you started....

Legos- all I found were random legos

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why wouldn't they have adjusted his net worth figures for 10 years, but have done so with the other billionaires?

they do when the billionaire owns a publicly traded company. pegs being totally private means they dont know what he has unless he tells them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricojes said:

Um...No...they could easily sell the team if they were financially at risk. 

I really don't know why I feel the need to reply to these types of posts as I know they are just bait, no on can possibly think this way...

You miss the point.   An owner who had the bulk of his net worth tied to the team's value may be more inclined to put out a winning product than a guy like Pegula, where it's more of a toy.

I'm not baiting you.  Just asking  question.

Just now, aristocrat said:

they do when the billionaire owns a publicly traded company. pegs being totally private means they dont know what he has unless he tells them.

Publicly traded companies aren't really owned by an individual.  And the head of the company's net worth isn't included in public disclosures of the company.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You miss the point.   An owner who had the bulk of his net worth tied to the team's value may be more inclined to put out a winning product than a guy like Pegula, where it's more of a toy.

I'm not baiting you.  Just asking  question.

Publicly traded companies aren't really owned by an individual.  And the head of the company's net worth isn't included in public disclosures of the company.

no **** but the number of shares he or she owns absolutely is disclosed.  i'm not saying it's their exact worth but they can ballpark a little easier.

Edited by aristocrat

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

no **** but the number of shares he or she owns absolutely is disclosed. 

Sorry.  When you said "a billionaire owns a publicly traded company", you confused me. 

The Net worth of the Pegula's is very hard to value.  He (and his partners) own thousands of acres of gas rights in the USA.  He developed(drilled wells) and sold (to Shell) a small portion of that acreage for about the same price he paid for the Bills.  Depending on the price of gas going forward, he could be worth many times what is being reported here.  Only time will tell....but, needless to say, he is still a "fracker" if the price of gas if right to justity the investment. (and, right now, its not I think)

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who cares?  The Bills made the playoffs in just their 3rd full season of ownership.   And after a couple billion, it's all funny money anyway.

Just now, Doc said:

Who cares?  The Bills made the playoffs in just their 3rd full season of ownership.   And after a couple billion, it's all funny money anyway.

I was talking about the Sabres.