Bye bye Rex on MNF

On 7/19/2018 at 10:58 PM, YoloinOhio said:

We knew he was a idiot but I thought he’d at least be funny.

Wrong kind of 'funny'.  Wrecks is 'George Thorogood funny'.

"I said I know...evabody funny.  Now Wrecks funny too."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I was gonna say, anyone who made the previous statement has clearly never heard Suzyn Waldman in action!   "Oh my gawd!!  Dah-rick Jee-tah!"  :lol:

That's because having a good broadcasting voice is usually a prerequisite for a guy.   Not to mention people here call out crappy male broadcasters all the time.

But at least you got to play the 'you're sexist and I'm not!' card rather than acknowledging the criticism might be justified.

I disagree about the good voice thing for male announcers. Being an ex jock is the male announcer prerequisite. 

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Wow those are some bad commentators... Gotta imagine a ratings drop in MNF. 

Tessitore has never done an NFL game and Witten has never been in a booth. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Beth Mowins just sucks she should have been let go a long time ago.

I agree. There simply isn’t much quality in the booth these days. Tony Romo was a bit of an anomaly. Witten never struck me as being as bright as Romo. This has the potential to be a rough crew. 

On 7/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he's cut from the same bloviating blowhard cloth as his old man.....Buddy's claim to fame was da Bears "46".....after that, his HC prowess?......punching out Gilbride?..challenging Ditka?.....Wreck's claim to fame was the Ravens "D".....after that, what his HC job with the Jesters?......and good 'ol Rob rode the last name for free food PERIOD.....the two acorns sure as hell did NOT fall far from "the tree"....

Rob just hunting for the free grub is awesome!  Post of the day!!

On 7/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, KD in CA said:

I was gonna say, anyone who made the previous statement has clearly never heard Suzyn Waldman in action!   "Oh my gawd!!  Dah-rick Jee-tah!"  :lol:

That's because having a good broadcasting voice is usually a prerequisite for a guy.   Not to mention people here call out crappy male broadcasters all the time.

But at least you got to play the 'you're sexist and I'm not!' card rather than acknowledging the criticism might be justified.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/sports/nfl-beth-mowins-julie-dicaro.html

Im also curious on why Beth Mowens is so bad? Other than "her voice"

Who has a bad "male voice"?

They also call them out for being crappy and bad at their jobs and not providing insight, none of which Beth Mowens is bad at. 

She carried Rex and that sideline reporter last year who couldn't figure out anything. 

Edited by CountDorkula