Bye bye Rex on MNF

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

sorry but the Pats got up a half hour earlier and cut your arms off, thanks for playing.

I don’t know about that but , but Crafts first SB ring ( still ) looks better on my finger ,  

42 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Brent will try to broadcast from his urn filled with ashes.

Kind of an odd move imo by the Raiders. I actually thought Brent was retired. Too bad the raiders don’t play the Bills this year so he can Mrs McCarron

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of an odd move imo by the Raiders. I actually thought Brent was retired. Too bad the raiders don’t play the Bills this year so he can Mrs McCarron

or drinking two Moosehead beers while driving home

poor guy, he was in a prime spot with the NFL then he and his agent brother asked for too much on his contract and he had to settle for flying into BumPlug Middle America and pretend college football was a great gig....

Outstanding! Every time I looked at Rex it upset me. His time with the Bills set the team back those two years.

I'll agree Beth Mowins is unique but I've become accustomed to her voice by other things I've watched.

---------------------------------------------------------------

imagine you land MNF for the usual outlandish amount of $$$, then the NFL totally screws you by letting NBC cherry pick the best game of the week for Sunday night, totally deflating your MNF gig in 50 shades of suck

Rex was a blowhard as a coach and is also a blowhard as a commentator.  He won't be missed.  I agree with all of the above negative comments about Beth Mowins.  I just can't stand the sound of her voice.  I say this without gender bias (at least I like to think that).  There are other women in the booth who are just fine and some are quite good.  For example, I think that Jessica Mendoza on ESPN, who did Sunday Night Baseball (not sure if she still does) is very knowledgeable and has a pleasant voice and good delivery.  As for Mowins, I agree with the earlier post that her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  It just makes me cringe every time I hear it.  It is almost unbearable.  I am not speaking to her knowledge of the game or her delivery style, I truly just cannot stand the sound of her voice.  To balance out the gender thing, I also can't stand Spiro Dedes on CBS, who, unfortunately, calls a number of Bills games.  His voice and delivery style are irritating and he makes numerous incorrect statements during every broadcast.  I am usually really excited when the telecast starts every Sunday, then I see/hear Dedes and some of the air comes out of my balloon.  As to Brian Greise - he's OK.  Solid, but not spectacular - just like his play as a QB, as another poster noted earlier in the thread.  

Do we have info. on whether or not ESPN is retaining Rex and going to fit him into other plans?  Or is he done, on the street?

The funny thing is that we all criticize him for being a buffoon.  Yet he is an expert and taking large amounts of other people's money, legally, in exchange for nothing.

He's not as dumb as you think.

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Do we have info. on whether or not ESPN is retaining Rex and going to fit him into other plans?  Or is he done, on the street?

The funny thing is that we all criticize him for being a buffoon.  Yet he is an expert and taking large amounts of other people's money, legally, in exchange for nothing.

He's not as dumb as you think.

without his daddy he wouldn't have coached high school football

when you are working for someone like this, DO NOT get tied into his world, just wait it out until he is fired, along with all those who kissed his behind during his time there....

co-workers have literally danced in the hallways when a Rex is fired, along with his toadies.

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Rex actually for about the first 15 mintues of the broadcast was pretty entertaining, had some great anecdotes by by the early middle part of the game all his set pieces were exhausted and was totally lost for  what to say.  It was just embarrassing listening to him at that point.

This. Rex was supposed to be the color analyst but by the second quarter was just a second play by play announcer. He was bringing very little to the game.

I have no problem with Beth. I think Doris Burke is my favorite female announcer/analyst. 

Damn....the Rex hate is real here....i like Rex. Hes funny asf when they let him be himself. Much more entertaining then a lot of those play by play scrubs.

23 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m not a big RR fan but he’s actually one few who’s ( jets team ) did have a little success in playing against Brady , many close games including that playoff win in Foxboro 

Facts. If Rex did that here and made 2 AFC chip games he would be worshipped.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:00 AM, fansince88 said:

She is horrible. Not as bad as the lady that does the Yankee games but horrible just the same.

I was gonna say, anyone who made the previous statement has clearly never heard Suzyn Waldman in action!   "Oh my gawd!!  Dah-rick Jee-tah!"  :lol:

On 7/20/2018 at 6:15 AM, CountDorkula said:

A lot of masculinity in here.

I have never once heard any people complaining the way a guys voice sounds.

But at least you all put "I don't mind having women in the booth but" to make it sound better. 

That's because having a good broadcasting voice is usually a prerequisite for a guy.   Not to mention people here call out crappy male broadcasters all the time.

But at least you got to play the 'you're sexist and I'm not!' card rather than acknowledging the criticism might be justified.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 1

At least Beth added something to the conversation. Loud mouth Rex tripping over his words and long awkward silence because his brain doesn't work fast enough to have complete and not scripted thought. Someone who rode their daddy's coat tails and defensive scheme until it died and was unable to adapt it to the modern game.

Wow those are some bad commentators... Gotta imagine a ratings drop in MNF. 

Tessitore has never done an NFL game and Witten has never been in a booth. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Beth Mowins just sucks she should have been let go a long time ago.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Regarding Rex, the bottom line is this: Listening to low-IQ people talk gets boring very fast, especially when they think they’re funny.

...he's cut from the same bloviating blowhard cloth as his old man.....Buddy's claim to fame was da Bears "46".....after that, his HC prowess?......punching out Gilbride?..challenging Ditka?.....Wreck's claim to fame was the Ravens "D".....after that, what his HC job with the Jesters?......and good 'ol Rob rode the last name for free food PERIOD.....the two acorns sure as hell did NOT fall far from "the tree"....

• Like (+1) 1