Bye bye Rex on MNF

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Permanently or just for that Monday?

The story says just for that one Monday.

Could turn into something longer term, though, you'd have to guess, if they like Griese better than Rexy.

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah he was real bad, for a guy who talked a lot he sucked at it, guess he was only a good con man.

Agree but he still has another 2 years getting paid money from Pegs, approx $5Mil per year...

He doesn’t deserve it..

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Agree but he still has another 2 years getting paid money from Pegs, approx $5Mil per year...

He doesn’t deserve it..

Pegula deserves to have to pay it though for the absolute unadulterated stupidity of hiring him in the first place on that contract. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am not a REX fan but I think this comment goes to far.

Write your Congressman.

"It's that Rex Ryan on the phone.  He wants to know when we can peel the 'MNF' decals and wrap off his truck.  Yeah, I told him the paint is going to start coming off if he keeps changing them."

Doesn't 'Papa Johns' need a new 'face' now that the founder is on the outs?  Wrecks and Rob could share the duties.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Wow, that shows you just how bad Rex was. I live in Colorado so I hear Brian Griese a lot (mostly radio color), and he's ... kind of o.k.  Just like he was as a QB. But not exactly Mr. Excitement.  I don't really get why Rex is this awful unless - just like he was as a Bills coach - he wasn't really trying. 

With Rex Ryan, it seems to be a personality thing.  He's got a likable engaging personality, and he knows it.  He figured that's all he needs to succeed in television, so he didn't do much homework.  The problem is while his personality is likable and engaging initially, it wears on you after a while.  Then you figure out there's nothing behind the personality.  He's like a movie set.  It looks like an old western town, but go behind it and you learn its a two dimensional picture propped up by two by fours.

11 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

A lot of masculinity in here.

I have never once heard any people complaining the way a guys voice sounds.

But at least you all put "I don't mind having women in the booth but" to make it sound better. 

Please, oh Progressive One, enlighten us primitive Bills fans so we can collectively be better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Write your Congressman.

"It's that Rex Ryan on the phone.  He wants to know when we can peel the 'MNF' decals and wrap off his truck.  Yeah, I told him the paint is going to start coming off if he keeps changing them."

Doesn't 'Papa Johns' need a new 'face' now that the founder is on the outs?  Wrecks and Rob could share the duties.

....thought I read Rex was the new LINE COACH at Golden Corral?.......and Rob was his assistant..........

I think Rex is just not a hard worker. He had some success in NY getting the team to the championship games, then he wanted to just have fun instead of continue to bust his butt to get the team ready. Also, when teams figured out his defense he didn't adjust, because he was too prideful to admit that it was possible.

Such a contrast with McDermott. McDermott is a super hard worker, and humble enough to make changes when he is wrong or things don't go as planned. Also, he actually seems smart.

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

But they're keeping Beth Mowins? ?  Should just can both of them.

not planning to even tune into more than 2 MNF in the first place... have learned the hard way

now it might be zero point  zero

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

A lot of masculinity in here.

I have never once heard any people complaining the way a guys voice sounds.

But at least you all put "I don't mind having women in the booth but" to make it sound better. 

Yeah,Well if the male had a speaking behind a waterfall, droning type voice.... I'd mute him too!