Dolphins will suspend and/or fine any player who displays anthem protest

1 minute ago, Zebrastripes said:

I know some of them do but I would say that group is the minority of the protesters.  

You have no idea how many do or don't but that comment fits your narrative so have at it.

Ask yourself, before this topic came up how much time had you personally spent contemplating police treatment of minorities.  Probably close to zero.  If that number is now greater than the original number, even if your opinion has not been changed, the protest was effective.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Professional athlete isn't just any other job. If every player on the team protests this policy they can't just fire them all. God every time the NFL can let this story die they just have to do something to get it going again. Makes me wonder if they're making a lot of money on the controversy.

Said it many times on here the 365/24/7 news cycle is certainly something they aim for. I’m not sure how this issue plays with ratings and dollars but it’s a distraction I could do without. I couldn’t care less about a players political views, we get bombarded with this crap all day everyday. I enjoyed the disconnect from reality. 

No one is saying being a proffesional

athelte is the same as working a desk job. That doesn’t mean you can negatively impact the bosses bottom line and expect him to turn a blind eye towards it. The outrage is so fake. 

41 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

It's funny how the right wants us to kiss the rings of the old, white rich and be thankful for everything they give us.

But when the rich are young black men, they're unappreciative of what is given to THEM.

The owners control the purse strings, but the players are the product. Their elite skills fill stadiums, not the business acumen of Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft.

“Old white rich” huh?

Ol Daymond John is getting mistreated isn’t he? Ever read his book “The Power of Broke”?

Anybody can live the American dream through years or hard work and discipline. CAPITALISM doesn’t care about SKIN COLOR.

I don’t believe in free hand outs boss and neither should you. It’s about respecting this great country that allows these players to have the freedom to play for millions on Sunday.

BTW, You labeling the rich as old and white better get picked up by the mods on here. Especially after I got a warning for a Trump gif.

What an awful post by you. Wake up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Wrong 

An erudite and perspicacious rebuttal.  My compliments on your considerable command of the philosophy of logical formalism.  

Yes, this is sarcasm.  You're a moron.

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

“Old white rich” huh?

Ol Daymond John is getting mistreated isn’t he? Ever read his book “The Power of Broke”?

Anybody can live the American dream through years or hard work and discipline. CAPITALISM doesn’t care about SKIN COLOR.

I don’t believe in free hand outs boss and neither should you. It’s about respecting this great country that allows these players to have the freedom to play for millions on Sunday.

BTW, You labeling the rich as old and white better get picked up by the mods on here. Especially after I got a warning for a Trump gif.

What an awful post by you. Wake up.

Daymond John is a very successful man. Why is he more respected by certain people for how he made his money than athletes and how they're earning theirs?

49 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

It's funny how the right wants us to kiss the rings of the old, white rich and be thankful for everything they give us.

But when the rich are young black men, they're unappreciative of what is given to THEM.

The owners control the purse strings, but the players are the product. Their elite skills fill stadiums, not the business acumen of Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft.

You clearly dont understand how contradictory the statement that the buisness acumen doesn't have anything to do with the buisness thriving.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why ?  

Kneel because they wake up on million dollar balconies overlooking the ocean ? 

Or because Mike Brown stole some blunts and fought a store owner and cop ? 

Or because CNN said Trump ate a lot of ice cream ? 

this is the most moronic thing you've said in these forums. And that's saying a lot

3 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Not really... how are they oppressed? Please enlighten. 

nobody said that. nobody has ever said that.

it's a BS thing that people made up that because these guys are exercising their 1A rights, that they're ungrateful, whiny, and consider themselves oppressed. 

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The NFL doesn't care about social inequality. It doesn't care about breast cancer. It doesn't care about the military. It doesn't care about player safety. It only cares about the bottom line.

This is so true. Regarding the military many people don't know that starting out in 2015, the Department of Defense started dishing out Millions of Dollars to the NFL for such things as military flyovers, flag unfurlings, emotional color guard ceremonies, enlistment campaigns, and — interestingly enough — national anthem performances. Additionally, according to sources, the NFL’s policy on players standing for the national anthem also changed in 2009, with athletes “encouraged” thereafter to participate. Prior to that, teams were not given any specific instructions on the matter; some chose to remain in the locker room until after opening ceremonies were completed. (It’s unclear whether the policy change was implemented as a direct result of any Defense Department contracts.)

In 2015 Jeff Flake & John McCain revealed in a joint oversight report that about $5.4 Million in tax payer dollars had been paid out to 14 NFL teams between 2011 & 2014 to honor service members & patriotic salutes to the military. Money is the real thing they care about. Seems like its always about the money.

• Like (+1) 1

You can bet more than a few players will call the owner's bluff on this one.  While I disagree with the protests, I don't think you can legally punish someone for expressing their beliefs in a peaceful manner, even in a work setting.  Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.