Dolphins will suspend and/or fine any player who displays anthem protest

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Replacement players are worse for business

Replacement players serve only to get the actual players to fall back in line. Bad short term, but get the leverage in the next CBA negotiation. That’s how I see it. 

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is it really necessary to play the National Anthem before a game?  They usually don't play it before a concert.  Maybe it's time they put this tradition to bed.

Yes.    This new fad of hating the USA will blow over and we can go back to being normal again. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Whether it’s overblown depends upon how big you think it is. I can tell you this - it is real. How BIG, I can’t say, but I had a college buddy at the Bengals game refuse to go even with a free ticket. And that was BEFORE we knew how nasty the weather would be. He DID show for the tail gate, as he’s NOT boycotting beer and food. 

The Bengals sucked last year.  And that’s fine, it’s his right.  But the nfl is so far superior over everything that of course it will drop at some point.

the owners don’t want to lose a penny.  But they also risk isolating people who think they are forcing their own beliefs down other people’s throats.  

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I wish it was that easy but patriotism is bedrock foundation to this country both good and at times bad which has gotten us into trouble i.e Vietnam to stop communism. There is vast amount of Americans who not only see the anthem at games as tradition, but a civic honor to those who fight and serve the country. This type of nationalism is put in those people from birth and regardless of any argument explaining the kneeling they see it as an offense to those people. In other countries it is not common for anthems like this, but remember the US was founded on this nationalist type of ideal.

I went to school for Poli Sci so I have looked at this pretty heavily from an analysis standpoint. You effectively have one side pro flag standing defending the nationalist element and the other saying that protesting is apart of the fabric of the US and the cause they are for is just. I don't believe either side is necessarily wrong, but the division is so great there is massive fighting by both and reason won't be heard. In general we are also replicating the social civil war we saw in the 1960s all over again. History does repeat regularly this seems to be the next step.

Stopping the anthem would eliminate both sides argument both ways with probably more outrage from the pro flag/anthem people. It would also probably be a hornets nests worse then last year which is why the NFL won't do it.

If they eliminated it I believe the NFL would take a big hit in ratings in the short term, but a majority of those people will eventually come back.  It would eventually provide a permanent solution to this problem that seems to never go away.

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yes.    This new fad of hating the USA will blow over and we can go back to being normal again. 

If I stood up and started singing the national anthem before a movie you would look at me odd.  Yet, both venues are a form of entertainment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

When will the fad of pretending that you are a better American going to stop?

dear lord, this got ramped up again by a guy who used bone spurs as excuse not to fight for the country and made fun of a war hero for being a POW.  Talk about false patriotism and trying to cater to a base.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We already knew Steven Ross was a douche bag, but we didn't know this BIG of a douche bag.

We're going to find out who has balls on the Miami Dolphins.

I hope every guy on the team joins hands, takes 4 steps forward away from the sideline, and KNEELS just as the singer starts in with "oh say can you see".

Let this asshat suspend his entire team.

15 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Moot point. It won’t happen.

Around here, it's "mute" point, rookie.

:lol:

41 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Cool. Can't wait to see the entire team do it and shove it up the owners ass.

That is what I am praying for,  and frankly, it is the only appropriate, acceptable thing for the players to do.

All of them.

Edited by Fadingpain

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Replacement players serve only to get the actual players to fall back in line. Bad short term, but get the leverage in the next CBA negotiation. That’s how I see it. 

I actually believe the opposite. While the owners can outlast the players the league will lose billions if they lose the players. The NFL has no interest in being the XFL. They need each other. The second a league gets so arrogant that they lose sight of that is when the decline starts. That’s why it is different than other industries. Your assets are your liabilities (and they are human). 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Bengals sucked last year.  And that’s fine, it’s his right.  But the nfl is so far superior over everything that of course it will drop at some point.

the owners don’t want to lose a penny.  But they also risk isolating people who think they are forcing their own beliefs down other people’s throats.  

He would not have gone if they were undefeated. I know that for sure. 

Interesting, I feel like the players are trying to shove their beliefs down our throats. Nobody in their right mind is PRO-police abuse, but when at work you do your job. Six days a week you can share your beliefs and concerns. Not on game day in your employers uniform. 

Also, the owners want every penny, I agree. They are smart enough with sufficiently deep pockets to be able to look down the road to the long term results.

The easy way out is to drop the anthem. I don’t like caving to that option. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually believe the opposite. While the owners can outlast the players the league will lose billions if they lose the players. The NFL has no interest in being the XFL. They need each other. The second a league gets so arrogant that they lose sight of that is when the decline starts. That’s why it is different than other industries. Your assets are your liabilities (and they are human). 

The decline may have already started, but I think the owners have a long term view that a player with a 3.5 year window cannot afford. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

Will this entire anthem thing just please go the fvck away?

It was quickly on its way to doing just that when the NFL stepped in and brought it right back to center stage.

LOL.  Idiots!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Cool. Can't wait to see the entire team do it and shove it up the owners ass.

This. If they have any self-respect at all, the whole team should kneel that first game. 

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

This. If they have any self-respect at all, the whole team should kneel that first game. 

Why ?  

Kneel because they wake up on million dollar balconies overlooking the ocean ? 

Or because Mike Brown stole some blunts and fought a store owner and cop ? 

Or because CNN said Trump ate a lot of ice cream ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah the guys writing the checks tell the guys cashing the checks how to act while at work, just like every other job. 

AMEN.

You can speak up and protest all you want on YOUR time, at work you follow the rules.

• Like (+1) 2

...laughable...if any one of us REAL working stiffs used our employer's platform to express political views, we'd all be colored "pink" in a nanosecond....Code of Conduct while in the "care, custody and control (ie. working hours)" of said EMPLOYER shall govern.....conduct outside those parameters shall be governed by the Laws of the State of_____....violations shall be dealt with accordingly"............

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

You're missing the point. If everybody did it, nobody would be punished.

You really think the owner would forfeit to make a point?

Probably not, but I support anything and everything that turns Miami into a clown show.

• Like (+1) 2