What will Daboll's offense look like?

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

My guess is Daboll's offense is going to push the envelope big time. Everything is going to be illusions, smoke and mirrors, pre-snap trickery, misdirection.  Nothing will be as it seems.  Also, lots and lots of flea flickers. 

So basically, we should expect alot of TFL's... Cool... Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

My guess is Daboll's offense is going to push the envelope big time. Everything is going to be illusions, smoke and mirrors, pre-snap trickery, misdirection.  Nothing will be as it seems.  Also, lots and lots of flea flickers. 

Please dear God let's see the 'ole Statue of Liberty play from my 5th grade team. Gets em everytime 

Yes, the Daboll Offense.

‘We’ll Daboll in this. If it doesn’t work, we’ll Daboll in that. Last week, we Dabolled in a new wrinkle here and there. Dabolled with blocking assignments, Dabolled with pass routes and running lanes. Most didn’t work, but we’re Dabolling with those wrinkles for this week’s opponent, while Dabolling in a few more..’

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Key questions not addressed (I see where the article came from, not to be expected there):

1) Will Daboll start out with the 100-different-plays-a-week that McCoy/Roman were reputed to expect the players to learn each week?

With young, inexperienced QBs and new players/shifting about on OL, not the best move

2)  How has Daboll changed/what has he learned since his last stint as OC that might alter his success?

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/no-9-what-should-be-expected-from-brian-daboll-s-offense

Earhardt-Perkins system, and hopefully he schemes around our personnel.

Ray Perkins graduated from The University of Alabama and coached there, so there is another Alabama connection.

Edited by Sky Diver

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Run, run, low percentage pass, punt

possibly not in that order.

...so 2017 deja vu with WR's INACTIVE every Sunday and DOWNFIELD being uncharted territory?....that should go REAL far.....if the passing game component is not a consistently threatening component of this offense, especially downfield, this club will go no where IMO......aren't you wasting what appears to be three good QB arms as well?....when the damn "Weather Channel" becomes a viable alternative to Sunday excitement, it may be safe to say there are "OFFENSIVE issues"....stay tuned....

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

Actually, coming in around 20-25 in offense wouldn’t surprise me. It’s hard to be worst....

Its not that hard.  Some team manages to do it every single year.  Given our uncertainty at QB we are prime candidates.

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its not that hard.  Some team manages to do it every single year.  Given our uncertainty at QB we are prime candidates.

Only 1 of 32 pulls it off. I expect very little from the offense this year, but I still think we can land in the top 25, if barely. True, I don’t know who the QB will be, who will play on the OLine, who are WR’s will be.....but I think teams who come in around 25 generally have those types of questions. Obviously, there’s a long way to go on that side of the ball. 

8 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Yeah they may just punt first.... good point!

Would probably not be a bad idea in certain situations.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Actually, coming in around 20-25 in offense wouldn’t surprise me. It’s hard to be worst....

• They have below average players at every position except LT, TE and RB. And the RB position might be headed for trouble as well.
  • They've actually lost talent from last year's offense that was already #29 our of 32.
  • They will be starting over with a new system.

Not promising but you never know I guess.

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Key questions not addressed (I see where the article came from, not to be expected there):

1) Will Daboll start out with the 100-different-plays-a-week that McCoy/Roman were reputed to expect the players to learn each week?

With young, inexperienced QBs and new players/shifting about on OL, not the best move

2)  How has Daboll changed/what has he learned since his last stint as OC that might alter his success?

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/no-9-what-should-be-expected-from-brian-daboll-s-offense

Now that Dabol isn't being hand cuffed by Tom Brady, he can really open things up and rain hellfire down on the NFL !!!!! (Hopefully :D )

• Haha (+1) 1

I think a lot of it depends on Shady's availability. If he's playing, I expect to see a lot of power rushes with him, similar to what Roman did with the running game, just with Daboll's personal touch on the run designs, which should look more like variants of the 17 Alabama team. If not, we will be forced to be a more pass heavy team, which I don't think we're ready for. 

The playcalling will mostly depend on who wins the qb competition as well, so too early to tell. If Allen starts, expect more deep/intermediate passes highlighting KB and Clay. If Peterman starts, I expect them to try to utilize rhythm passes a bit more that don't make him force the ball into tight windows with a lot of arm behind it. Peterman can actually be pretty accurate, he just tends to lose that accuracy when forced to muscle the ball, so we don't want to see much of those outside throws that need to get there before the DB can break on it (like in the wild card game). 

In short, too many personnel questions at this point to think about what his offense is going to look like. 

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, the Daboll Offense.

‘We’ll Daboll in this. If it doesn’t work, we’ll Daboll in that. Last week, we Dabolled in a new wrinkle here and there. Dabolled with blocking assignments, Dabolled with pass routes and running lanes. Most didn’t work, but we’re Dabolling with those wrinkles for this week’s opponent, while Dabolling in a few more..’

Don't forget....give Shady da-boll!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Yeah they may just punt first.... good point!

What do you think this is?  The CFL?

Helpful hint for OBD:  Always have 11 men on the field for every play. Coach McD seems good at this, but some predecessors have not been as mindful.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

On 7/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jauronimo said:

Considering all the changes w new coordinators, receivers, Oline and not even knowing who our starting qb is on opening day, the Madness Approach you speak of might be the only way to beat Balt and start the season properly

....with "allegedly" the worst WR's in the league, does it really matter if DOWNFIELD 'remains uncharted territory in Daboll's offense like last year?....think we'll go far with a limp, zero threat passing game?......deja vu?............