If you weren’t tearing up listening to Jim Kelly at the ESPY’s you don’t have a heart

11 hours ago, sunshynman said:

Very emotional. Dan was holding back the tears!

I was not crying, I WAS NOT!

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

Maybe it was just me, but I thought Elway was getting a little choked up during the presentation too...

I’m pretty sure all 3 of these friends have dealt with serious medical issues with one of their children. 

Color me impressed by the character transformation we see in Jimbo. He never really cut it as an impromptu speaker as a player and short-lived ESPN analyst. But he has mastered it in his post playing career. No notes or prepared speech. Just from the ❤️!

#KellyTough

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

If you haven’t watched it yet, look at the first story on you’re main page from Syracuse paper which then connects you to video.  Sorry I’m terrible on my I-Pad with connecting links.  I’m sure the next savvy person can do that.  I’m glad I’m home as I couldn’t stop the tears listening to Jim’s speech receiving the Perserverence award.

what an inspiration to all of us to keep a smile on you’re face and do something nice to people having a hard time.

Thanks Jim and we love you!

That will be an All Time Great Speech.  

I was in tears for the majority of the speech..

That was probably the most emotional I've gotten over a speech in my lifetime...

It was more personal for me than Jimmy V's , just an amazing moment from an amazing human being. 

How lucky is this fan base to have a guy like that attached to the Bills forever? 

We hit the lottery on Jim Kelly on n off the field. I'm truly praying for his health 

Blasphemous maybe to some degree but he was never really my favorite Bill when he played.

Having said that that speech kicked butt!  The part about making a small difference in someone else's life is what stood out to me.  You never know what someone can be going through and how even just saying hi or smiling can help somebody. 

<Chandler#81 edited content>

Great speech! What a journey God has taken Jim and his family on. Tons of respect for him. I remember how brash and cocky he was early in his career. Weren’t we all at that stage of life. What a man he is now! 

Jill is one heck of a good woman!! I admire her faith!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Buftex said:

Maybe it was just me, but I thought Elway was getting a little choked up during the presentation too...

I think he was choked up from the beginning.  Powerful moment.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That will be an All Time Great Speech.  

I was in tears for the majority of the speech..

That was probably the most emotional I've gotten over a speech in my lifetime...

It was more personal for me than Jimmy V's , just an amazing moment from an amazing human being. 

How lucky is this fan base to have a guy like that attached to the Bills forever? 

We hit the lottery on Jim Kelly on n off the field. I'm truly praying for his health 

Jersey, very well said and couldn’t have said it better.  I started this thread to give people a chance to talk about the best Bill of all time and a better human being.  It’s not by accident I chose my handle as Machine Gun Kelly.  He’s been my football hero since a teenager.

He was doing a signing a couple of years ago at Wegmans before the home opener against the Pats, and the line was a mile long.  He just finished I think his first treatment.  My sister ran it as she is a Senior Director or VPas I forget her title at Wegmans.   She reports directly to Danny Wegmans.  She walked my kids and I to the front of the line and not only did he sign whatever, but. We were able to take a pic with him which was not allowed.  My sis gets what she wants.  We only get to come in once a year in September and have a family reunion on Saturday before 18 of my family go to the game on Sunday.  Of course I baptized the boys with Hammers lot.  

At at the end of Saturday, Jim invited Maureen to the Big Tree for wings with his family and said he would call Thurman as a thank you.  He said, bring that brother of yours and his boys and eat some real wings.  We couldn’t go b/c of the party, but the offer alone was awesome.  That’s Big Jim.

everytime I’m down due to a challenge with work or otherwise, I think of Jim, and say it’s not that bad.  And Jersey, I say am Our Father for Jim and his family every single day for a recovery and peace in his life.  I just know the good lord will watch over him.  Any man can make mistakes in his youth as he did, but a real man finds god, admits his flaws, and tries to lead by example.  The. Next person that makes a comment about him being on the field for home games is going to have a problem with me.  He is the face of this franchise, and very proud of it.  I hope he always is on that field when up to it.  It’s great the Pegulas, Beane and McD recognize his importance to this team.

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Jersey, very well said and couldn’t have said it better.  I started this thread to give people a chance to talk about the best Bill of all time and a better human being.  It’s not by accident I chose my handle as Machine Gun Kelly.  He’s been my football hero since a teenager.

He was doing a signing a couple of years ago at Wegmans before the home opener against the Pats, and the line was a mile long.  He just finished I think his first treatment.  My sister ran it as she is a Senior Director or VPas I forget her title at Wegmans.   She reports directly to Danny Wegmans.  She walked my kids and I to the front of the line and not only did he sign whatever, but. We were able to take a pic with him which was not allowed.  My sis gets what she wants.  We only get to come in once a year in September and have a family reunion on Saturday before 18 of my family go to the game on Sunday.  Of course I baptized the boys with Hammers lot.  

At at the end of Saturday, Jim invited Maureen to the Big Tree for wings with his family and said he would call Thurman as a thank you.  He said, bring that brother of yours and his boys and eat some real wings.  We couldn’t go b/c of the party, but the offer alone was awesome.  That’s Big Jim.

everytime I’m down due to a challenge with work or otherwise, I think of Jim, and say it’s not that bad.  And Jersey, I say am Our Father for Jim and his family every single day for a recovery and peace in his life.  I just know the good lord will watch over him.  Any man can make mistakes in his youth as he did, but a real man finds god, admits his flaws, and tries to lead by example.  The. Next person that makes a comment about him being on the field for home games is going to have a problem with me.  He is the face of this franchise, and very proud of it.  I hope he always is on that field when up to it.  It’s great the Pegulas, Beane and McD recognize his importance to this team.

Amen MGK, Jim's life and legacy is already set. He will always be adored in Buffalo and for all the Bill's fans worldwide.