Top 10 Free Agents In Buffalo Bills History

The Bills just put out a new Top 10 video, this time it's Top 10 Free Agents in Bills history.  This is a great production and a fun watch, though I do dispute the order and actually a few of the selections. 

10. Terrell Owen - a big name, but he had very little impact on a weak offense and a 6-10 team.  Posted the lowest numbers in years during his 1 year in Buffalo.

9. London Fletcher

8. Mario Williams - Torn on this selections.  Stats wise Mario's stint in Buffalo was good, but I don't think he lived up to his huge contract.  Also things ended horribly.

7. Bryce Paup - Should be higher on this list.  I would put him in the top 3.

6. Doug Flutie - Good signing, I might put him ahead of Steve Christie

5. Steve Christie 

4. James Lofton - Does this really count as a free agent signing?  Didn't Lofton sign  after the start of the 1989 season?  

3. Kent Hull - I don't consider this a free agent signing, but if Flutie coming in from the CFL counts, then Hull coming from USFL should count too

2. Takeo Spikes - A excellent signing and had some great seasons in Buffalo but I don't feel he should rank this high

1. Ted Washington - YES!  Finally Ted gets credit.  He was a huge reason for the turnaround of the Bills defense.  He gave the Bills a legit 3-4 NT and improved the weakest spot on the Bills defense  (Jeff Wright)

So from your perspective which free agents were left off this list.  Who would you omit from this list?  Who should rank higher?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think Owens should be on this list.

Mario Williams should be higher. He was really good for multiple years. People seem to only want to remember his final year.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills just put out a new Top 10 video, this time it's Top 10 Free Agents in Bills history.  This is a great production and a fun watch, though I do dispute the order and actually a few of the selections. 

10. Terrell Owen - a big name, but he had very little impact on a weak offense and a 6-10 team.  Posted the lowest numbers in years during his 1 year in Buffalo.

9. London Fletcher

8. Mario Williams - Torn on this selections.  Stats wise Mario's stint in Buffalo was good, but I don't think he lived up to his huge contract.  Also things ended horribly.

5. Steve Christie 

4. James Lofton - Does this really count as a free agent signing?  Didn't Lofton sign  after the start of the 1989 season?  

3. Kent Hull - I don't consider this a free agent signing, but if Flutie coming in from the CFL counts, then Hull coming from USFL should count too

2. Takeo Spikes - A excellent signing and had some great seasons in Buffalo but I don't feel he should rank this high

1. Ted Washington - YES!  Finally Ted gets credit.  He was a huge reason for the turnaround of the Bills defense.  He gave the Bills a legit 3-4 NT and improved the weakest spot on the Bills defense  (Jeff Wright)

So from your perspective which free agents were left off this list.  Who would you omit from this list?  Who should rank higher?

Hell Yeah my boy Ted !! I would put Hull number one though Ted 2, Paup 3

• Like (+1) 2

I was going to say Leonard Smith - Strong Safety (picked up from Arizona) should be on this list instead of Mario Williams, but Buffalo traded for him, not a free agent. 

He solidified the Bills defense.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Steve Tasker was claimed off waivers.  Basically the same thing as a FA signing.

Micah Hyde may be on this list in two more years.

Flutie was never as good as anyone on this list but if you want him at 10 and bump Owens that is fine with me

Chris Spielman was another great FA signing.

Flutie definitely deserves to be on this list, probably top 5 (I would put him ahead of Takeo Spikes and Steve Christie, but not ahead of Hull, Lofton or Washington).  If you treated Tasker as a FA signing he would go top 3 as well. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

9. London Fletcher

5. Steve Christie 

Flutie...number one. Just for being hosed in the MUSIC CITY RIPOFF.

2 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Chris Spielman was another great FA signing.

Flutie definitely deserves to be on this list, probably top 5 (I would put him ahead of Takeo Spikes and Steve Christie, but not ahead of Hull, Lofton or Washington).  If you treated Tasker as a FA signing he would go top 3 as well. 

He certainly was, and I would place Mario and Bryce very high on the list.

4 hours ago, Steve O said:

UDFA's are still FA's. Add  Pat Williams and Jason Peters. Bump TO and Christie. Even if we're not counting UDFA's, Hauschka should replace Christie for the kicker spot.

I think that including UDFA’s would be like adding waiver wire signings to this list.  By Free Agents, I think most people consider players that are signed during the free agency period in the off-season 

12 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think Owens should be on this list.

Mario Williams should be higher. He was really good for multiple years. People seem to only want to remember his final year.

How about the early phase of his career, which was equally horrible?

He was criticized for not trying or caring.  Then we heard about his "injured hand" blah blah bah.

His stint was too up and down to be considered a great F/A signing in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

Spielman played a season and a half.  Great player. Agree should bump TO for sure.

Maybe Flutie should be in the Top 10.  21-9 as a starter is pretty good even though it was the #2 defense winning most games.  

FYI Flutie NFL career comp percentage 54.2%, Boston College 52.8%; Josh Allen in college 56.2%