Bills Thin on “O”

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think “thin” is actually overly flattering. 

We need another year on that, but I like our FO. 

Agreed- were heading in the right direction if Allen ends up being the “guy”. Having loads of cap space next year and another solid draft can catapult this team to the top. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen will be the key. The Panthers were extremely thin on O the year they made the super bowl. If Allen plays well the offence will be fine.

Plus Kerley has posted an 827 yard season, KB has a 1008 yard season, and Clay has a 759 yard season. That is about 2600 yards of realistic production for those guys. It is not as bad as people think, we just need good QB play and the skill positions will look much better. 

We we also have Streater who dominated preseason last year and Zay who has a lot of talent.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

As bad as it was for most of last season there was a big impovement in the last few games i believe.....so im hoping for a pleasant surprise hopefully.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Josh Allen will be the key. The Panthers were extremely thin on O the year they made the super bowl. If Allen plays well the offence will be fine.

Plus Kerley has posted an 827 yard season, KB has a 1008 yard season, and Clay has a 759 yard season. That is about 2600 yards of realistic production for those guys. It is not as bad as people think, we just need good QB play and the skill positions will look much better. 

We we also have Streater who dominated preseason last year and Zay who has a lot of talent.

Love the optimism. Hopefully Zay Jones grows up and fast.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

I get a kick out of these articles citing the Bills O-Line as thin, shallow, etc.  The new\young guys are 300 LB men who could end up playing well. I think it would be better to call them unproven.

On paper it does appear the offense is weak. But, as we all know, you have to play the game! I think Groy at center will be serviceable. A healthy, productive KB would be a nice bonus as well.

11 hours ago, JPP said:

As bad as it was for most of last season there was a big impovement in the last few games i believe.....so im hoping for a pleasant surprise hopefully.....

Assuming you don’t mean the 3 pointer in the playoffs our last 4 averaged a whopping 18.75 per game. We would’ve soared to 23rd in scoring.

that cherry picking a good month is still solidly below average and our talent level short term is unlikely better... not great.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't disagree with this, however, I'd love to see how some of these young offensive linemen turnout in a few years, likely somewhere around this League.

Btw, why do I get this feeling that the coaches and the front office may have a modicum of optimism about this line?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Bills will be in the running for thinnest backfield, quarterback room, wide receiver corps and offensive line.

I predict our offense will be historically bad.  It's a shame because we have playoff caliber defense.  

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Bills will be in the running for thinnest backfield, quarterback room, wide receiver corps and offensive line.

I predict our offense will be historically bad.  It's a shame because we have playoff caliber defense.  

Hypothetical- defense sits in top 5 and offense controls clock/doesnt turn ball over- maybe a not so awful season?

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Hypothetical- defense sits in top 5 and offense controls clock/doesnt turn ball over- maybe a not so awful season?

if we can run the ball and make first downs we have a shot at playoffs.  If we go 3 and out the whole game, our best shots at wins are Jets and Dolphins

• Like (+1) 1