Adolphus Washington not up for trade, per McBeane

He has talent. If he gets it going, as a tall, lean, mean machine, he's gonna get a new contract from McBeane. Especially as a 3rd down pass rushing DT/End. He has steadily improved, evenin the run game, which was his Achilles heel coming outta college. Second most snaps played on defense last year says all you need to know. Cheap.Progressing. Learning. Buying in. Sounds like a manageable contract coming next year to me....

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is gonna get pushed right off the team by Horrible Harry.......

but I do hope im wrong

Hate, hate, hate...

To be fair, I think one of him or Shaq might be gone after camp. I just put my chips on AW. 

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Please tell me where you saw this

I would like to be wrong

I see a player who despite his size gets pushed around in the run game and despite being known as a pass rusher cant seem to get to the QB

That's not true. He VASTLY improved in the run game last year

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he is gonna get pushed right off the team by Horrible Harry.......

Horrible Harry will be a nose tackle and Star's primary backup.

Adolphus Washington will be a 3-technique and Kyle's primary backup.

You need at least 4 defensive tackles on the roster.

If anyone's pushing Washington off the roster, its Tenny Palepoi, and I don't seen that happening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and he is due a whopping 660 grand for 2018.......Jesus, the Rockpile Beerman makes more........

True enough. Just stating facts Sir. He improved. Not awesome, but improved. Cheap and improving is McBeane's forté. Only had 33 tackles last year, but 5 tfl in 10 games. They will find him a rotation and new, cheap contract soon

32 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Another Whaley/ gem. So low value, his sellers had to take him off the market.

/Rex
Even i thought he might be a very good pick in the system. just another player i  had false hope for. He sucked.

i watched. he sucked.

15 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I guess if he works out, it would soften the blow up of the busting Shaw Lawson.

arm in arm they are

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

/Rex
Even i thought he might be a very good pick in the system. just another player i  had false hope for. He sucked.

i watched. he sucked.

See him stuff Gore in the snow game? He couldn't do that his first couple years. And that's not his only good run stuff from last year....

Just sayin

Edited by BuffAlone

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

True enough. Just stating facts Sir. He improved. Not awesome, but improved. Cheap and improving is McBeane's forté. Only had 33 tackles last year, but 5 tfl in 10 games. They will find him a rotation and new, cheap contract soon

and how was our run defense last year. He missed too many gaps and got moved off the ball easily

Just now, BuffAlone said:

See him stuff Gore in the snow game? He couldn't do that his first couple years. And that's not his only good run stuff from last year....

Just sayin

not buyin' what your selling

that being he might well  improve his game. I wish he could/would.

: )

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

and how was our run defense last year. He missed too many gaps and got moved off the ball easily

As did the ENTIRE TEAM! Point is, specifically, HE improved.  And is worth keeping around on the cheap

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

As did the ENTIRE TEAM! Point is, specifically, HE improved.  And is worth keeping around on the cheap

well lets hope he impresses at Camp. I would be loathe to see another draft pick wasted from that regime. Ragland has gone and Lawson is on the bubble it seems

Edited by 3rdand12

Washington st least offers the team good depth.

Why get rid of him? And he is only 24 years old and on his rookie. it would be stupid to get rid of him, just because he is a Rex crony.

Also, where is there any experience to back up Williams and Star? Washington is basically the only experienced back up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

well lets hope he impresses at Camp. I would be loathe to see another draft pick wasted from that regime. Ragland as gone and Lawson is on the bubble it seems

Yeah...I hated the Ragland deal. Damn I wanted a nasty boy in the middle.but it is what it is. Lawson disappointed me even more, as a 1st rounder. 

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

...no dispute even if he is a "Whaley guy" which means a rat's azz to me...can he play the damn game?.....all that matters IMO.....so McBeane's forte' is cheap and improving ONLY?.....

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no dispute even if he is a "Whaley guy" which means a rat's azz to me...can he play the damn game?.....all that matters IMO.....so McBeane's forte' is cheap and improving ONLY?.....

Lol...guessing not "only"...but they seem to do a fine job of it. Even in their past lives. Josh Norman comes to mind. And honestly, that whole Panthers' secondary was patchwork at best, but they managed. I think they will do the same here..just my opinion

In whatever position....

And Washington is up there on their "to do" list after having played the SECOND most snaps on defense last year. I don't think McBeane play to flukes. They wanted to know what they had/have, and they found out

Edited by BuffAlone