Dont look now but word is Josh Allen is already there

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

So NFL players cant have outside interests, solid out look. Especislly considering at least Rosen is signed.

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

hasn't signed his contract yet. hopefully that's why he is there

Use your noggins weirdos, do you think he came in early to put in extra work just to NOT sign? McBeane will sign Allen after they spend all that they can and Allen will take a smaller deal to help the team. ugh

Edited by Threedollabills

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Its about drawing a line in the sand.  This isn't 'Nam, Roy.

Also, it was mostly a joke about everyone at TBD being an idiot, per DC Tom's first law of dynamics.  I guess it wasn't that clear.

As a fellow idiot, I'll say that it was quite clear. And FTR, I interpreted the OP the same as others, that Allen is "there" as in "ready" 

^ idiot

5 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

As a fellow idiot, I'll say that it was quite clear. And FTR, I interpreted the OP the same as others, that Allen is "there" as in "ready" 

^ idiot

....agree bud....he showed up early......maybe that is part of his work ethic to prepare...plenty of negatives out there to dispel......TT and EJ had great work ethics but it did not translate to the speed and complexity of the game at the NFL level.....so of course the TBD "experts" are hoping that his purported work ethic leads to the SAME results......pretty sick, right?.....

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

^ idiot

I thought that was going to be the topic of this thread too.

52 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

Use your noggins weirdos, do you think he came in early to put in extra work just to NOT sign? McBeane will sign Allen after they spend all that they can and Allen will take a smaller deal to help the team. ugh

There is a rookie wage scale, its pretty much fixed what Allen can make.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Depends.  If he can't work with Daboll or QB coach Culley and there aren't any WR there for another week, he might be better off somewhere else, working with Jordan Palmer and some of our WR independently

But if he has not signed his contract yet is he still constricted by the bargaining agreement seeing as he isn't on the team yet? That crossed my mind as to why he hasn't signed yet, because the way rookies a slotted there is not much leverage holding out.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Rookies dont report for a week

but guess who is already at One Bills Drive working.......

Dedication to craft is definately not an issue with our 7th overall pick

Get him into the HOF now! 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

but guess who is already at One Bills Drive working.......

latest?cb=20150822174323&f=1

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm stupid.  I thought this meant he is "...already there.", as in he is getting everything down and understanding it.

And when I think "already there", I think of a line from an AC/DC song :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The other guy is working on a plan to fix the NCAA. How would you rather have your QB spend his time?

The other guy finished his plan and there's no evidence he spent more than 10 or 20 hours on it. Both ways are just fine.

If Allen is there, that's great. Where you do the work doesn't really matter, but it sure isn't any kind of disadvantage to be working at OBD instead of at home.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Eli = INT. He is overrated and far from elite...

Edit: and still better than any starting QB we have had since 96....

He's played at a near-elite level several times during his career. Basically when the Giants had a really good lineup around him, particularly a running game. No, he's certainly not elite like a Brady or a Rodgers. But yeah, he consistently has played at a top ten to twelve level when he's had even a decent lineup around him. And top ten to twelve is what you need. Teams with a guy playing at that level stand a real chance at a Lombardi.

Eli's good enough to be instrumental in your team winning a Super Bowl. Duh.

If anything, he's underrated by many.

8 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I want a guy who eats, drinks and sleeps football and is laser focused.

You'll get guys like that eight or ten or even twelve hours a day, maybe. 

After that, everyone has other interests. Including Brady, Rodgers, Unitas, Montana, and all the rest. Peyton spends a ton of time on charity and family. Brady on his nutty business and his family. Rodgers on his GF and visiting Sundance as he's a film nut and he plays guitar, and apparently a golf nut also, as the story of his funny remark to Josh Allen showed.

Eat ... sleep ... laser focus ... those are the current cliches, and it all sounds terrific, but if it were actual it would be evidence of severe OCD.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The other guy finished his plan and there's no evidence he spent more than 10 or 20 hours on it. Both ways are just fine.

If Allen is there, that's great. Where you do the work doesn't really matter, but it sure isn't any kind of disadvantage to be working at OBD instead of at home.

10 - 20 hrs wasted that could have been spent on studying the playbook.

I want a QB that is dedicated to the cause of winning football games.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

By virtue of being a poster at TBD he is, in fact, an idiot.  And he's not alone.   If OP says "Allen is here" then we all get to wonder what in the hell our future QB is doing in the middle of nowhere California, you idiot.

To be fair, Riverside isn’t as middle of nowhere as Hemet is.

19 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

10 - 20 hrs wasted that could have been spent on studying the playbook.

I want a QB that is dedicated to the cause of winning football games.

Fine. So that dumb idea means you certainly wouldn't accept Brady as your QB. Or Aaron Rodgers. Or actually any other QB ever in the history of organized football. 

Find me a QB who hasn't spent 10 - 20 hours off of football in the offseason and then get back to me. There is no such person, nor has there ever been.

Again, as I pointed out, Brady has his dumb business and his family. Rodgers has his GF and plays guitar and golfs seriously. There is absolutely nothing to see here, except your apparent Rosen hate.

Edited by Thurman#1