Bills Moments That Have Made you Worry About Your Health

I have a few:

2009-McKevlin Fumble NE game. Only time I have seriously contemplated throwing a TV and I was only really stopped by my housemates and GF (now wife) saying it wasn't worth wrecking.

2010-Stevie Drop vs PIT. I actually never saw the drop because the moment it hit his hands I jumped in excitement thinking we scored. We did not score and I was depressed about a week long.

2013-CLE TNF game. I was on the EJ bandwagon hard and that game he was playing pretty well and looked like the Bills were on their way to starting 3-2. He then proceeds to get his knee wrecked and I proceed to kill my entire growler of a Double IPA around 7.8%. Yea I got sick haha.

2014- McKelvin Fumble Chiefs game. In retrospect if they won this they made the playoffs. They still had the lead I literally got back to my house as he fumbled after watching the 1st half in Buffalo. I was so upset when they lost this I had to go in the basement and work on my train layout for 3 hours to calm down. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack I was so freakin mad he fumbled again when he didn't need to do anything.

2015- Jags London. It wasn't just that call, they lost to Blake freakin Bortles in a game they had no business losing. That game basically sealed my thoughts on their chances for the season and coming had with the entire day to sit and be angry was not a good thing. I took down all of my Bills decorations that I put out doors for the season.

Since 2015 I have managed to keep things more chilled but also have lower expectations I guess.

On a funnier note we have a massive Bills party at our house for the first game of the year or first after home opener. 2013 we had our first party which was the Pats last second heartbreaker. I was fine despite the result but I had a ton of family I was concerned about their health including my brother in law who was so hammered that anyone ripping the Bills on facebook was immediately de-friended. He went years not knowing he defriended both family and close friends lol.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

The Ronnie Harmon incident in Cleveland, 1989.

I remember this one really hurting at the time.

But watching what Marv and Polian were doing, I was also confident the Bills would get back in the dance.  That mitigated some of the pain.

56 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The Dallas MNF game that we blew. I came VERY close to smashing a remote control. I only get upset for about 5 minutes now that I'm 40 and then I remember there is more good football on that day, and then watch those games.

Plus I'm pretty hammered by 4:15.

Funny.  That one was painful but not desperately so for me.  I had fully succumbed to BLES (Bills-low-expectation-syndrome) by then.  Either the Bills would find a way to lose that game or they would find ways to lose other games that would keep us out of the playoffs.   There could be no happy ending.

2012 seemed to have a lot of those moments:

Against the Pats the end zone int Fitz to TG Graham.

The Titans making a 4th and long getting the game winning TD

The Rams getting a 4th and 8 on the final drive for the go ahead score. 

Two games come to mind which looking back were stupid because we werent going anywhere really nothing to get upset about. The Dallas Monday night game and the New England McKelvin kick return fumble.

third game i think had an affect on the season the Seattle total b.s. game

Just now, CardinalScotts said:

Two games come to mind which looking back were stupid because we werent going anywhere really nothing to get upset about. The Dallas Monday night game and the New England McKelvin kick return fumble.

third game i think had an affect on the season the Seattle total b.s. game

i would think the titans playoff game and Norwood miss are automatics for everyone

8 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Dallas vs Bills Monday Night game. 1st one in a while...blew it. 

Vince Young vs the Bills that ended our playoff hopes.

Losing to a back up Steelers roster to miss the playoffs. 

that back up steelers roster rurned out to be pretty talented as those players went on to have success. We act like it was a bunch of guys picked up off the street that week and they put Steelers jerseys on

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It was much harder in those days for me to control myself and I had a mini meltdown after that pick. It was the #8 and the Raiders took a safety at #7 so I was really happy. As bad as the Bills had drafted over the years, never did I suspect that they would be stupid enough draft an undersized, average speed (at best) safety in a draft stacked with players at positions at which they had desperate need.

This idiotic pick and draft set the franchise back for many years and I'm glad you posted this.

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

It was much harder in those days for me to control myself and I had a mini meltdown after that pick. It was the #8 and the Raiders took a safety at #7 so I was really happy. As bad as the Bills had drafted over the years, never did I suspect that they would be stupid enough draft an undersized, average speed (at best) safety in a draft stacked with players at positions at which they had desperate need.

This idiotic pick and draft set the franchise back for many years and I'm glad you posted this.

I was getting ready to buy my Haloti Ngata jersey.  I thought there was no way we pass on him.  Oh Marv........

Usually any night game because it's always on a worknight that I have to get up at 5am the next day for. By the time the game is over, drive home (if at game or watching somewhere), calm down and go to bed it's 1-2am. And usually the Bills lose (Jets last year, Jets/Seachickens year before) so I am definitely not well rested.

5 hours ago, JP's Voice said:
My friend and I were discussing times throughout the years that we have been so effected by a moment during a game that we thought we were going to have a heart-attack or stroke. We later realized that we may just need to lay-off the wings and beer, but ultimately determined a few distinct moments:
- Stevie drop against Pitt in OT
- Stevie/Chandler fumbles against Atlanta in OT
- Pass interference call in Jags London game after we took the lead in the fourth

What are some moments that you've felt physically ill or like you were going to have a stroke during a game?

How about Jacksonville just this last year in the playoffs.  Taylor rolls right, runs, runs, runs.....doesn't see 3 wide open receivers and then goes out of bounds.  Mind numbing ineffectiveness.

6 hours ago, JP's Voice said:
My friend and I were discussing times throughout the years that we have been so effected by a moment during a game that we thought we were going to have a heart-attack or stroke. We later realized that we may just need to lay-off the wings and beer, but ultimately determined a few distinct moments:
- Stevie drop against Pitt in OT
- Stevie/Chandler fumbles against Atlanta in OT
- Pass interference call in Jags London game after we took the lead in the fourth

What are some moments that you've felt physically ill or like you were going to have a stroke during a game?

Music City miracle.  I fell to my knees in disbelief and couldn't breathe for a moment. 

18 hours ago, nucci said:

right before missed FG in SB XXV....I was at the game and could barely breathe

Nuch, I was on the wide right side, but at the opposite end of the stadium.  I briefly thought it was good and that the refs were stepping forward to throw their arms up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

14 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Music City miracle.  I fell to my knees in disbelief and couldn't breathe for a moment. 

I agree. I can still remember the feeling like it was yesterday. What a rip off!

I was (am) convinced that the NFL had had enough of the Buffalo Bills for awhile. Convenient conspiracy to eliminate them from contention.

• Like (+1) 1