Move on to 2019

Punt75

7 hours ago, Punt75 said:

This year may be fun but look ahead to 2019. 

Our young quarterbacks will be slotted.  Our defense will be established.  AND - most importantly - our DEAD CAP of $46 mil will be resolved.

In 2019 we are projected to have $65 mil in cap space.  Go get the OL in FA we need and a couple of LB's. 

I expect a deep run into the play-offs!   WONDERFUL!

The grass is always greener over the septic tank.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just as it sucked last year.

i burns me up when we don't have a dc who will blitz or is stubborn, insisting on only rushing the 4 down linemen. however, i think this year rushing 4 should at least free others up and i do expect more sacks and tfls. also with murphy and hughes on the ends, i expect lorax to have a great year. i am predicting 3 double digit sackers.

actually we should be able to send a lb on every play especially considering the talent. milano and lorax on the outs and there should be plenty of gaps to shoot edmunds through.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, offyourocker said:

I do not see any premium WR in free agency in 2019

Here are some of top FA for 2019 if none of them or extended before than:  Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Golden tate, Stephon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Jordy Nelson, Randel Cobb, Jarvis Landry, i believe ODB jr 

Edited by bkep32

7 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Our young quarterbacks will be slotted.  Our defense will be established.  AND - most importantly - our DEAD CAP of $46 mil will be resolved.

In 2019 we are projected to have $65 mil in cap space.  Go get the OL in FA we need and a couple of LB's. 

Don't count chickens. Enjoy the moment.

1 hour ago, bkep32 said:

Here are some of top FA for 2019 if none of them or extended before than:  Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Golden tate, Stephon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Jordy Nelson, Randel Cobb, Jarvis Landry, i believe ODB jr 

That list is little bit wrong.

Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landy and Jordy Nelson aren't Free Agents in 2019. And I bet money the Giants get a deal done with OBJ.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Why stop there? Just think, the year is 2079. We have no dead cap projected. We have our ENTIRE salary cap available as of right now. All of our draft picks...What a wonderful time to be a Bills fan!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bkep32 said:

where on earth are you getting this list???? not even close to correct

The quality of the 2018 and 2019 campaigns depends entirely on whether or not Josh Allen is going to be a franchise QB.

If he is, we'll know it this year, and this year will not be a bust.

If he is not, it's going to be a horrible year and next year won't be any better.

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That list is little bit wrong.

Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Jarvis Landy and Jordy Nelson aren't Free Agents in 2019. And I bet money the Giants get a deal done with OBJ.

SAying that list is a little bit wrong is being more than a little bit nice. Especially when Chris Hogan has been omitted!!! 7-11 is coming home ?

We should have more than $65 million in cap space, FWIW. The figure in the thread (nearly $84 million) is pre Allen’s contract. But given it’s looking somewhat dubious that McCoy will be on the roster THIS year (if he isn’t this year then he unequivocally won’t be next, freeing up $10 million more)... AND given that we don’t have (m)any major FA’s (Benjamin, John Miller, and Vontae Davis are the closest)... even after in-season moves we should have well over $80 million.

Edited by Midwest1981

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why stop there? Just think, the year is 2079. We have no dead cap projected. We have our ENTIRE salary cap available as of right now. All of our draft picks...What a wonderful time to be a Bills fan!

2079?  Is that the year Dareus comes of the list?

7 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I do not see any premium WR in free agency in 2019

Beckham and Diggs are pry a pipe dream, but you never know.   Depending on how Benjamin does this year, he'll pry be our number one priority if he has a good year.   Any of the following would be upgrades - Goldon Tate, Randall Cobb, Funchess, Martavius Bryant, and Richard Matthews.  We could also easily get the best WR in next year's draft class if we have a tough season.

14 hours ago, Punt75 said:

Actually will have roughly 80 million in cap for 2019 which could be closer to 90 depending on player transactions.