selling season tickets on stubhub

stuvian

2 hours ago, Curt said:

They say that it’s for protection. I guarantee that I can screenshot the same ticket on 20 different phones. What’s the difference with a pdf file?

When I said screenshot I meant having the image of the same mobile ticket on 20 different phones. Very easy.

They can say protection. Truth is the old bottom line $$$$$. 

Edited by Best Player Available
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2018 at 5:07 PM, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, especially for @Limeaid , you can absolutely bring ID and print the tickets out at the ticket office right next to Adpro if you lack a mobile phone or are visually impaired! So that's great news

Thanks, I still have a dummy phone , fold that little sucker in half. ?

Looking for any tix donations or “friendly preseason priced” for the Kid’s Day game on 8/26, just  found out some fam w kids will be in town, don’t know if I have enough tix in my group to cover everyone.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:41 PM, Jrb1979 said:

I love having the ticket on my phone. Better then having a physical copy that you might lose. People just need to catch up with technology. I don't know why so many are technically impaired. 

What happens when my battery dies in line because I was taking videos of Alonzo jerseys, Idiots jumping onto tables and ketchup'd themed entertainment?

What then?  WHAT THEN!?

Edited by The Tomcat

15 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

What happens when my battery dies in line because I was taking videos of Alonzo jerseys, Idiots jumping onto tables and ketchup'd themed entertainment?

What then?  WHAT THEN!?

well, you need to to do what need to do to get battery...and don't tell you are above doing what needs to be done to get an Alonzo jersey!!

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

Exactly!

But my battery can't be replaced thus my dilemma. 

You need to waste your game day time and go to the ticket office, wait in line, miss kickoff and have them print your ticket. The good news is you'll get into the stadium pretty quickly at 1:30

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 1:09 PM, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

#2 is the correct answer. I sold some tickets already and entered the barcode into StubHub from my Account Manager. 

The two definitely are linked because once I entered the barcode into StubHub, my Bills TM Account Manager had marked the tickets as sold. In the past, I would have had to manually go back into Account Manager and delete the listing.

This is actually very convenient.

OP - good luck getting anything more than $10 a ticket for preseason.

Here is a video demonstrating the process to list on Stubhub. Trust the process, it worked fine for me

How to list season tickets on StubHub

One question for the ones who are good with technology.

My friend is really bad with smartphones/computers.

He bought tickets from Stubhub and he got help to save them in his phone. The helper texted me his tickets and I saved them on my phone also because my friend was afraid to have issues with his phone while trying to enter the stadium next month so I will have his tickets also in my phone.

So now his tickets are saved in my phone and in his phone.

The NFL/Bills said that they stopped the printed pdf tickets to avoid scam/fraud. What is the difference? I could now send the tickets to numerous people. I don't get where is the added protection here? If I wanted we could be 100 different people showing up at the game with the same ticket on our phones and like the pdf tickets only the first one to be scanned would access the stadium. What am I missing here?

21 hours ago, Curt said:

One question for the ones who are good with technology.

My friend is really bad with smartphones/computers.

He bought tickets from Stubhub and he got help to save them in his phone. The helper texted me his tickets and I saved them on my phone also because my friend was afraid to have issues with his phone while trying to enter the stadium next month so I will have his tickets also in my phone.

So now his tickets are saved in my phone and in his phone.

The NFL/Bills said that they stopped the printed pdf tickets to avoid scam/fraud. What is the difference? I could now send the tickets to numerous people. I don't get where is the added protection here? If I wanted we could be 100 different people showing up at the game with the same ticket on our phones and like the pdf tickets only the first one to be scanned would access the stadium. What am I missing here?

Typically you won't exchange 'images' of the tickets electronically. You'll instead "transfer' them electronically through ticketmaster. This kills the old bar code and produces a new one. You can't do that with pdf printed and copied tickets, since there is only barcode.

This is why if you ever buy from craigslist or scalper or anything nowadays, don't just take a text message of the photo of the barcode from them. Everything is transferred through TM.

Do you think this will affect season ticket sales?  They announced it after many already put deposits or paid for tickets and then they get hit with this.  During year they will have trouble giving or selling to friends and when it comes time to renew they will reconsider.

Yah I know Bills will just replace them with someone who is willing to deal with the crap but it will affect sales,

Is the NFL situation different than other pro sports electronic tickets-to-phone?

2 weeks ago, i got Yankees tickets on the morning of the game and they came right to my phone and they scanned them at the gate.  It really is the simplest way to do it.  Why print tickets?

On 7/17/2018 at 7:52 PM, Limeaid said:

Not at all impressed either.  Some do not have smart phones (my company tried to require me to have one for work and I said if it was a requirement they were obligated to pay for it so they found alternate) or want to carry them into a stadium.  A friend with an expensive Apple smart phone was pickpocketed of his at a Washington game and when he reported to stadium security they said there is nothing they can do and it is not worth effort to try to find thieves.

What kind of response did your friend expect in a stadium with 80,000 people?  Were they supposed to frisk every fan on the way out of the stadium?

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is the NFL situation different than other pro sports electronic tickets-to-phone?

2 weeks ago, i got Yankees tickets on the morning of the game and they came right to my phone and they scanned them at the gate.  It really is the simplest way to do it.  Why print tickets?

if you can, stubhub will explicitly tell me when I cannot do that for an event