selling season tickets on stubhub

stuvian

14 hours ago, stuvian said:

the league is run by corporate swine

All leagues are trying to get all the upside there is to the secondary market - and trying to limit the number of sellers - in order to not have the downside.  They are price fixing. 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I love having the ticket on my phone. Better then having a physical copy that you might lose. People just need to catch up with technology. I don't know why so many are technically impaired. 

I'm not technologically impaired, but there are times, where my phone starts to malfunction. And it can be an old phone, or a brand new one that does this. I also need to make sure my phone is fully charged, just to get in the venue. I feel much more comfortable having a plastic card on me.

16 hours ago, Idandria said:

You make a sale, you print a shipping invoice for UPS store. Go there with the invoice and tickets that were sold, and the rest should be easy. 

wow, you clearly didn't read the original post. There are no physical tickets to ship any more. Only digital.

• Like (+1) 1

I know that these things don't happen frequently but last week my 10 month old LG smartphone died suddenly for no reason. The battery was not low. The phone just crashed just like that. I brought it back to the store and they repaired it. It took them a week. They have no idea why it did that. I had a screenshot of all my mobile tickets for the season. They are now gone. No big deal because we are in July and I have plenty of time to redownload the Apps and save again a screenshot of all my tickets but what am I supposed to do if it happens again on a Sunday morning while I am tailgating before a game?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I know that these things don't happen frequently but last week my 10 month old LG smartphone died suddenly for no reason. The battery was not low. The phone just crashed just like that. I brought it back to the store and they repaired it. It took them a week. They have no idea why it did that. I had a screenshot of all my mobile tickets for the season. They are now gone. No big deal because we are in July and I have plenty of time to redownload the Apps and save again a screenshot of all my tickets but what am I supposed to do if it happens again on a Sunday morning while I am tailgating before a game?

go to the ticket office and show id and they will print out your tickets...easy peezy

Now, what is more likely...your phone to totally go on the fritz like that or forgetting hard tickets at home, or losing them etc and really being stuck..this really is a much better solution.

Only downside is it kills scalpers outside the stadium...which sucks. I love to scalp tickets(not bills as i have seasons)...now have to pay for a fee and not quite get the same deal

Edited by plenzmd1

12 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Is this the phone? Wooden-Phone-271439.jpg

that my phone. The Splinter Cell 8G

8 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I love having the ticket on my phone. Better then having a physical copy that you might lose. People just need to catch up with technology. I don't know why so many are technically impaired. 

I was waiting for some corporate shill to show up. So because the consumer doesn't like jumping through myriad technohoops that add zero value to their experience they are stupid. You sound like the Big Pharma guy that wants to price the sick out of house and home so your CEO can have a Lear Jet

Edited by stuvian
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

go to the ticket office and show id and they will print out your tickets...easy peezy

Now, what is more likely...your phone to totally go on the fritz like that or forgetting hard tickets at home, or losing them etc and really being stuck..this really is a much better solution.

Only downside is it kills scalpers outside the stadium...which sucks. I love to scalp tickets(not bills as i have seasons)...now have to pay for a fee and not quite get the same deal

Are there still hard tickets for single games?

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

that my phone. The Splinter Cell 8G

I was waiting for some corporate shill to show up. So because the consumer doesn't like jumping through myriad technohoops that add zero value to their experience they are stupid. You sound like the Big Pharma guy that wants to price the sick out of house and home so your CEO can have a Lear Jet

I'm not a corporate shill. I just think the new way is better. Its only an issue if you want to sell your tickets. It used to be that you bought season tickets cause you are a fan of the team. Now a lot of season ticket holders seem to go maybe half the games in a season and try to make a profit off the rest of the games. This is the NFL's way of controlling that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm not a corporate shill. I just think the new way is better. Its only an issue if you want to sell your tickets. It used to be that you bought season tickets cause you are a fan of the team. Now a lot of season ticket holders seem to go maybe half the games in a season and try to make a profit off the rest of the games. This is the NFL's way of controlling that. 

Yeah, you don't sound like a corporate shill, at all.

I love how you now practically need a STEM degree in order to go to games or concerts. 

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

key phrase as i read there is "point of sale". As mentioned, you can still get the Bills to print out tickets at the ticket office..but this does sound like you could go down there and have them print out your entire season.

Edited by plenzmd1

On 7/18/2018 at 4:36 PM, wagon127 said:

I'm not technologically impaired, but there are times, where my phone starts to malfunction. And it can be an old phone, or a brand new one that does this. I also need to make sure my phone is fully charged, just to get in the venue. I feel much more comfortable having a plastic card on me.

wow, you clearly didn't read the original post. There are no physical tickets to ship any more. Only digital.

Wow, you clearly didn’t read the OP either. 

It says, and I quote: “now that we don't get .pdf tickets how are we supposed to sell tickets on stubhub?

If one doesn’t have PDFs, it would imply one is selling hard copies.

But yea,  reading comprehension clearly isn’t your strong suit. Keeping trying though. 

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

Wow, you clearly didn’t read the OP either. 

It says, and I quote: “now that we don't get .pdf tickets how are we supposed to sell tickets on stubhub?

If one doesn’t have PDFs, it would imply one is selling hard copies.

But yea,  reading comprehension clearly isn’t your strong suit. Keeping trying though. 

You should have quit when you were behind. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/19/2018 at 12:29 AM, Jrb1979 said:

I share my season ticket account between 4 people. The NFL has made that difficult. It sounds like you are questioning my fandom. As a season ticket ticket holder for 14 years you have no business questioning me or anyone else.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I share my season ticket account between 4 people. The NFL has made that difficult. It sounds like you are questioning my fandom. As a season ticket ticket holder for 14 years you have no business questioning me or anyone else.

I wasn't questioning your fandom at all. In general I know why they are doing this. Its not cause of guys like you. I know Sabres season ticket holders that sell more then half their games to make money. 

You can blame it on fans like that on why they changed the way tickets are available. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:26 AM, plenzmd1 said:

No, no hard tickets or PDF's at all unless you get them printed at the stadium on game days. BTW, this is NFL policy now, not a Bills policy.

The whole league isn't doing it.  I bought a ticket to the season opener in Baltimore from the Ravens website through Ticketmaster & they mailed me my ticket in April.  I have a hard ticket for the game.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2018 at 11:54 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

The whole league isn't doing it.  I bought a ticket to the season opener in Baltimore from the Ravens website through Ticketmaster & they mailed me my ticket in April.  I have a hard ticket for the game.  

I think the whole league is doing it for season tickets, but not for single games.

I found out today that if you list your tickets via One Buffalo, StubbHub will not allow you to list those tickets.  I tried to list 2 seats to the home opener that I can’t use but have them listed via the Bills. 

Wouldnt recignize the barcode. But when I entered the barcode of a ticket I will use, it worked fine. 

Another issue  is that One Buffalo and the Bills website are supposed to exchange info as one, but when I tried to edit the price of the first preseason game it asked me to re-enter all my address to have payment by check. 

Then when I went to confirm it gave me an error. So it is FUBARED. GGRRR. 

Anyone else having issues?

I actually like this.  If resellers don’t buy the seats, then you won’t need scalpers and you can get them for face value on the site.  

The only real pain is for season tickets holders. For them, maybe give them a free exemption for 25% of their games.  If you are selling more than that to a stranger, why have them?