EJ Manuel says benching with Bills sent him into depression

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Feel free to re-write history now if you must, but EJ is and was a horrible QB who is lucky to have a job as a backup.

Hold onto that clipboard, EJ, and collect those pay checks while you can.

In all honesty he wasn’t the worse.   

He just wasnt good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In all honesty he wasn’t the worse.   

He just wasnt good enough. 

....good call Shady.....think that Steve Young (yup him; but what would he know?) said it BEST(repeated this many times here)...."more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game".......not sure how else you can put it......

Making it into the NFL is an accomplishment on it's own. Not everyone makes it that far. At least he got his foot into the door. 

The bright side is he still in the NFL unlike Kaepernick and Johnny football who probably are both better than him. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good call Shady.....think that Steve Young (yup him; but what would he know?) said it BEST(repeated this many times here)...."more collegians fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game".......not sure how else you can put it......

Because most collegian QBs are running a shoddy option game, which has no place in the NFL.

they don't even bother to try to step back and throw against cupcakes they run 60-0 over.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

That’s why the QB picks are a gamble.    You hit big or you roll snake eyes.  (those are bad right?) 

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully times a changing.......we will see how next season goes.....but jokingly asides....he was bad but by far not the worst we had......

Edited by JPP

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Because most collegian QBs are running a shoddy option game, which has no place in the NFL.

they don't even bother to try to step back and throw against cupcakes they run 60-0 over.

Which is why I don’t even care to watch college football 

(Unless my daughter wants us to attend a game at her alumni JMU). 

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well you and EJ have something in common - your posts send me into depression.

You send me into depression every time you post. Do you contribute to the convo, or take jabs at people for contributing to the convo?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

...but that is what fills collegiate seats and makes boosters happy, especially when it leads to a megamillions bowl game.....

EJ always struck me as a good person/ hard worker, I’m sorry to hear he felt that way.  Having said that I think he had more than enough chances here over the years even if the coaching left something to be desired.

His best bet would to play in the CFL if he’s really looking to start again someday

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

EJ always struck me as a good person/ hard worker, I’m sorry to hear he felt that way.  Having said that I think he had more than enough chances here over the years even if the coaching left something to be desired.

His best bet would to play in the CFL if he’s really looking to start again someday

...I would guess anybody would be susceptible to depression if they fell short of their life long goal.....but you have to grab your bootstraps and move on in search of success somewhere or elsewhere.....

He was a rookie struggling at QB and got benched.  That's how it goes.

He's soft.  He can't be a starting QB with that thin skin and tender make up.

Just cash the checks for nothing EJ, you have no idea how good you have it.

• Like (+1) 1