Drought Wall of Famers

Drought Wall of Famers  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which drought players should be considered for the Wall of Fame?

16 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Didn't Moluds have a playoff record for yards against the Dolphin with Flutie as QB? So i'm not sure he should be on the list either.

BTW he is wall worthy.

For Moulds, that doesn't matter, he's still a great player from the drought era and the only one that belongs

I dunno...if you're playing on a perennial loser you only deserve to go up on the Wall if you've got extraordinary statistics.  Only Eric Moulds and Ruben Brown fit that category in my opinion.

I don't care if Moorman was the best player on those Bills' rosters...he didn't win games for them and he got JACKED UP in that Pro Bowl.

Edited by eball

Moorman should be the only player (that had a full career inside the drought) that should be up there. He was the best player on most of the drought teams and was the only player on the team that was elite in his position. Certainly Moulds should as well, but he played in the playoffs.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Per the OP's question, which players should be considered for the WOF...

Kyle Williams should be a lock for the WOF and Jackson, Moulds, Moorman, Brown, and Wood should all be considered.

I guess it somewhat depends on your citeria for being WOF worthy as to who you'd pick:

Some may feel that the player had to be great/elite. Well, that is definitely one way to get on the Wall (see Cookie Gilcrist, who finally made it despite only playing 3 years with the Bills). And no doubt the player had to have had a very good career at least, to be considered, but for me it is more than just that. To me it is also someone that somehow embodied being a Buffalo Bill. Long stint with the team, team leader, great/memorable plays, hard worker, never give up attitude, upstanding guy (no jokes about O.J. please)...that kind of stuff.

So, per my criteria, I think eventually Kyle, Freddie, and E. Moulds should all make it on the WOF. Brian Moorman is a probably for me. Reuben and E. Wood might just be on the outside looking in (if simply because you can't put too many guys up there or it dilutes the purpose). 

As far as Freddie not having an elite career (huge stats, Pro Bowls, etc.), I put him in the Daryl Talley category. Despite a great career, Talley may not have even been the best linebacker on his own team, but he was the heart and soul of that defense and team as a whole. And just like Kyle the last few years, there were a good 5 or 6 seasons where the whole team looked to Fred in the same way. And come on, Freddie on the field waving the Bills flag after a big win...if that's not all in on Buffalo, I don't know what is.

Only Kyle Williams and Brian Moorman.

I think some people are forgetting just how good Moorman was. He was an elite punter, but also just a great special teamer in general. He did more than punt.

Edited by MJS

On 7/17/2018 at 4:42 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I was purposely quite liberal with the names I put on the list. But what players that played most/all of their career in the drought, if any, belong on the Wall of Fame?

This is what happens when you become liberal ;)

• Like (+1) 1