Terrell Owens Planning a Comeback to Play in the CFL

i say who cares? let him play where and when he wants. i think he's a d'bag, but he's a free man and should be afforded the same rights as anybody else trying to achieve personal goals. if it weren't for him being a d'bag and the media circus to follow, i'd wonder if his key to the city still worked.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

T. O. Is the absolute last person the bills current front office would ever bring in. He could catch 40 tds and the bills still wouldnt sign him. However, you are correct that some d bag here will make a new thread about it 

Someone actually said "what could it hurt" to bring Jerry Rice into camp in a thread about his alleged "comeback" a few weeks ago.  That's the state of this board and this fanbase right now when it comes to receivers.

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

For some strange reason I have a soft spot for T.O.  I think I mostly feel bad for him and think there's a good person in there somewhere.  I know he's at fault for bringing the negative attention into his life.  

He has a ridiculous work ethic and if he wants to play - I'd like to see him try.

I agree. For all his faults, he never coasted on natural talent like Randy Moss, he earned the level he played at for all those years. Dude has a lot of personal demons, and I hope he can find some peace later in life.

14 hours ago, JPP said:

No dude....thats the AHL hockey team who are pretty good BTW...its the Ottawa Redblacks your thinking of......im thinking moreso go join Manziel in Hamilton.....lol....

Actually the Oshawa Generals are a junior teen in the OHL. You might be thinking of the AHL Toronto Marlies.

Terrell Owens still wants to get back in the NFL, will settle for the CFL

For the first time ever, a non-posthumous Pro Football Hall of Famer won’t be attending the enshrinement ceremony. For the first time ever, a Pro Football Hall of Famer (non-posthumous or otherwise) will be entering the Hall of Fame while trying to get back in to the NFL.

And both are the same guy: receiver Terrell Owens.

He wants to play in the NFL,” agent Jason Staroszik told ESPN on Tuesday. “But if he can’t, the CFL is the next-best option.”

Staroszik is negotiating on T.O.’s behalf with the Edmonton Eskimos. Owens recently invoked the 10-day window during which Edmonton either must make him an offer or release him from the team’s negotiating list.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terrell Owens still wants to get back in the NFL, will settle for the CFL

For the first time ever, a non-posthumous Pro Football Hall of Famer won’t be attending the enshrinement ceremony. For the first time ever, a Pro Football Hall of Famer (non-posthumous or otherwise) will be entering the Hall of Fame while trying to get back in to the NFL.

And both are the same guy: receiver Terrell Owens.

He wants to play in the NFL,” agent Jason Staroszik told ESPN on Tuesday. “But if he can’t, the CFL is the next-best option.”

Staroszik is negotiating on T.O.’s behalf with the Edmonton Eskimos. Owens recently invoked the 10-day window during which Edmonton either must make him an offer or release him from the team’s negotiating list.

Beach and Freddie's Dead will become Eskimos fans if his agent is able to work out a deal with them.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't know why this is hard to understand. It's not about attention, the guy needs money. He has no other way of making a living. It's not like he's one of the guys who spent his off seasons learning a profession. He has no skills other than playing football. He couldn't even translate just being TO into a career because he is so dislikable and that's saying something in a world where people pay deion sanders to be on tv. He's passing on the HOF enshrinement because he doesn't have the money to throw the expected party. I can appreciate that. 

He wants attention so he passes on a ceremony specifically geared to give him attention AND an open mic on national tv to say whatever he wants about whomever he wants. Ok.  He wants attention so he wants to go play in the CFL? Ok.

He needs paychecks and quite frankly the person who mentioned the xfl is probably spot on. By exercising this clause he now forces Edmonton to pay him or to relinquish any claim they have to him. Those are both win situations for him. It will be interesting to see what the Eskimos choose to do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I don't know why this is hard to understand. It's not about attention, the guy needs money. He has no other way of making a living. It's not like he's one of the guys who spent his off seasons learning a profession. He has no skills other than playing football. He couldn't even translate just being TO into a career because he is so dislikable and that's saying something in a world where people pay deion sanders to be on tv. He's passing on the HOF enshrinement because he doesn't have the money to throw the expected party. I can appreciate that. 

He wants attention so he passes on a ceremony specifically geared to give him attention AND an open mic on national tv to say whatever he wants about whomever he wants. Ok.  He wants attention so he wants to go play in the CFL? Ok.

He needs paychecks and quite frankly the person who mentioned the xfl is probably spot on. By exercising this clause he now forces Edmonton to pay him or to relinquish any claim they have to him. Those are both win situations for him. It will be interesting to see what the Eskimos choose to do.

is it really actually interesting? I don't think so.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

he's passing on the ceremony because he wasn't a first ballot inductee.  you have to imagine that it was his attitude/personality that played a role in this, and his refusal to be there as a protest just reaffirms what everyone thought about him anyway...he's a giant man baby.

i agree that he needs money, but how much do you think t.o will be paid in the cfl?  what are some of the bigger salaries?  a few hundred thousand, (i really don't know).  i have to imagine he can make some cash with appearances, signings,etc.  he'd spend his cfl cash in about 10 minutes.  if he thinks playing in the cfl will somehow vault him back into the nfl, he's even more delusional than i thought.

it's sad to think about.  he's a 44 yr old hall of fame inductee, and he has to use the cfl to drum up interest in himself.  it's no one's fault but his own.