Bicyclists aren’t the smartest

Just Jack

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Same here.  I have to travel frequently to Montpelier for work.  The cyclists love route 100 which goes from Killington to route 89 which goes northeast.  Anyway, it’s a 2 lane road with a 50 mph speed limit, and they ride in groups of 3 or 4 blocking the lane.  Loads of bends and turns as you weave through the mountains, so it’s very difficult to pass.  Nearly every time you try to go around them they flip you off and throw a hissy fit.  I fantasize about running them over, and then backing up and running them over again in reverse.  Stupid a$&holes.

That's the point where you drop your vehicle into neutral and slam down the gas pedal ... they'll move over quickly.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It breaks my heart you guys make fun of Arby's and Applebees so much.

I eat Arby's at least twice a month.  Applebees, haven't eaten there in a while but I'm an alum.

I wont make fun of Applebee’s 

I go there with my grandma ?

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Applebees happy hour app specials are alright.  I get the mozz sticks and the chicken won ton tacos and a big beer for like 15 bucks.   What’s wrong with that?

That you didn’t invite me ?

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Even as one that rides a bike 2500 miles a year, I had to laugh at this.

I hope you are more skilled (and sober) than she was. I also hope she wasn’t in charge of the fireworks! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, Fadingpain said:

OK.  I've watched the video a couple of times.  I'm trying to figure out what the woman was doing exactly or how you might explain her accident.

Something I have noticed among my own friends/acquaintances is that there are people out there with zero--I mean no---athletic ability or coordination trying to engage in sporting pastimes.

Like I have friends who try to roller blade but are a nano-second away from crashing the entire time time they skate along.

I also have friends who simply lack the coordination to ride a bicycle.

I think that is what's going on here.  I honestly don't think this woman's depth perception was good enough to judge that the bridge was up or that there was a drop off that she was about to fall over, until she did it.

Look at how she misses the gap she rides through.  She clips one of the arms with her backpack and it almost causes her to crash as she is so off balance.

I just think this is a case of her daydreaming and not paying attention combined with being so athletically inept that she struggles to ride a bicycle.

I'm not sure how else you could explain the video.  The unfortunate part is that she doesn't really get up after she dumps the bike, b/c I guess she was knocked out.  She's lucky the bridge was designed the way it was.  It probably could have been designed to open a gap where she fell as it opened, in which case she would have ended up in the drink.

Or pinched in a horrific industrial-recreational accident.

Didn't view yet... But leaning depth perception from your post... Also moving up.

Like people smashing into parked tractor trailers at night while the big rig is parked along side road??

Aren't there places also that create the illusion that you are traveling uphill, but really rolling down the road in a vehicle.

Gravity hills:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gravity_hills

Of course... I am giving benny of doubt... But wanted to post this BEFORE I view the video and call them a dumb-azz...

17 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Big lawsuit coming.   No sign saying no bicycles ? 

You gotta be kidding!!!!

Bicycles are just like any vehicle on the road.

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

typical cyclist who thinks the rules of the road don't apply.

These Packer fans don't get out much

+1

Okay... Maybe the second part too. IceBowl67 does shed a tear for the Freshmen and runaway trains... ?? J/K IceBowl...??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

typical cyclist who thinks the rules of the road don't apply.

These Packer fans don't get out much

I agree regarding 'rules of the road', but a major fail on her part regarding the 'rules of physics'.  Hello hole in roadway, hello gravity.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I agree regarding 'rules of the road', but a major fail on her part regarding the 'rules of physics'.  Hello hole in roadway, hello gravity.

She had to be impaired?  Hello Mary Jane, this is what freedom of dope will do to society... Even the drunks won't do that.  They drive cars.

"Ah... They will let me through."  "What can possibly go wrong?"

18 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

She had to be impaired?  Hello Mary Jane, this is what freedom of dope will do to society... Even the drunks won't do that.  They drive cars.

"Ah... They will let me through."  "What can possibly go wrong?"

She ain’t high on weed, bro.  Drunk or retarded. 

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

She ain’t high on weed, bro.  Drunk or retarded. 

We aren't fully there with legalization... The dingbatization, dopeization of America.

Yeah... But just imagine the unleashing of weed... Bright times will ensue for sure.

Again, don't get me wrong... I am all for our liberty to imbibe and be one toke over the line freely... I am just not sugar coating it.