Can you help my daughter perform the anthem?

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not the anthem but her one woman show is on YouTube:  The Happiness Project: A Work in Progress.  One song she changed around and put in lyrics about the Bills.  Recorded on a phone so quality isn't great.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What is it with people coming here for advice about their kids & grandkids? Don’t you understand those around you are idiots?

True. I have seen the village and I do NOT want it raising my child. ?

To the OP, Kim Pegula is on Twitter. Have your daughter follow her and send her a direct message with a link to her performance.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

Good luck.  I had the chance to sing for a NY-Penn league Single A baseball game once.  It was a real thrill.  I studied vocal music in college before moving on (master of divinity degree in seminary).  I'd be tempted to try out today except something has happened to my voice.  I lost the upper end of my range and now have little power to my voice.   Makes it frustrating to try and sing at all.  

Voices change as you age.  In high school I got the part in a play but when it came to rehearsals I could not get my voice to be able to be heard throughout auditorium.

Flash forward to a Bills game when during a play I yelled "Ball in the air! BALL IN THE AIR!" and DB turned around and tipped the ball.  And then he pointed right to me indicating he heard me.

• Like (+1) 1

If its a cappella, have her work on clearly singing the lowest note she can reach clearly -which will be the 2nd word ‘say’ in the song. That should allow her to hit the highest note ‘Glare!’ -pulling away from the mic. I’ve sung it and performed it well using this method. It she sings with a band, have her give the conductor her low note. He/she may be able to have the band play in a different key.

In grammar school my voice was so horrible and I was so tone deaf that the music teacher told me not to sing but to fake singing at the graduation ceremony. I was the class president so the honest but brutal critique was somewhat mitigated. Looking back, the harsh judgment by the teacher wasn't the right thing to do. Big freaking deal that someone would be singing out of tune at a grammar school event! However, I got over it. That sour experience  prepared me for the some of the harsh comments I receive when I post.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

If its a cappella, have her work on clearly singing the lowest note she can reach clearly -which will be the 2nd word ‘say’ in the song. That should allow her to hit the highest note ‘Glare!’ -pulling away from the mic. I’ve sung it and performed it well using this method. It she sings with a band, have her give the conductor her low note. He/she may be able to have the band play in a different key.

She's done it several times.  Has a range of about 2.5 octaves.  When she hits the high note it always takes my breath away.  She's playing Cinderella right now in Into the Woods.

Thanks for all the kind comments and suggestions.  I hope I can get her hooked up with the team!

2 hours ago, 1billsnut said:

Cool. I am in Greensburg!

She's going to do a show with music from Indiana composers called Hoosier Harmony down in Brown County.  Come check it out!  Or in Hagerstown. Google Nettle Creek Players

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Try sending a PM to plenzmd1.  He might be able to ask someone for a contact when he has a fan advisory board meeting.

That’s a good option and he might be able to help. If you plan to be in Green Bay for the game, you can catch @plenzmd1 at his tailgate at the rental house. Try to go early. I checked and Vegas has 2:1 odds that that house burns down at least one hour prior to kickoff. He tried to keep it a secret, but I’ll be there, because I’m a sneaky little weasel!  (FYI - take the under in Vegas.) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Can't help her get the gig.....but can help with avoiding a mistake many singers make  with the melody. It's with the word "banner". There are only three notes in the word. Most will put two notes climbing in the "ba". "Ba" has one note then "nner" has two notes. Sorry I can't put music notation here but if she listens to an army band instrumental she will see what I'm talking about. Also I haven't heard her sing it so she may be already singing it right. I'm posting this in honor of my late mother who was a very picky musician and said melody is the most important thing not to be messed with. She paused before every game to see who got it right. Good luck to her and her singing career. Oh yeah, one more piece of advice.....leave out the Mariah Carey style runs.....the song should be sung fairly straightforward with little to no embellishment. 

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

My daughter is a professional singer/actor and has been a Bills fan since birth (due to constant brainwashing by her father).  Living just outside Indy on Colts Spirit days at school she'd wear her Bills stuff (brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it).  At any rate, one of her dream roles would be as the singer for the Anthem at a Bills game.  Classic soprano and she's done it and killed it at a Pacers game and a number of other events.  Anybody have a contact in Bills land or know who to contact to get her a shot at this?

...why not put together an audio/video CD along with her bio including a list of where she has performed?.....send it to OBD Marketing Dept or even PSE....could lead to something with Sabres as well.....good luck....:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Flash forward to a Bills game when during a play I yelled "Ball in the air! BALL IN THE AIR!" and DB turned around and tipped the ball.  And then he pointed right to me indicating he heard me.

Couldn't have been playing NE.  The refs would have thrown a flag for 'illegal fan assistance'.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Can't help her get the gig.....but can help with avoiding a mistake many singers make  with the melody. It's with the word "banner". There are only three notes in the word. Most will put two notes climbing in the "ba". "Ba" has one note then "nner" has two notes. Sorry I can't put music notation here but if she listens to an army band instrumental she will see what I'm talking about. Also I haven't heard her sing it so she may be already singing it right. I'm posting this in honor of my late mother who was a very picky musician and said melody is the most important thing not to be messed with. She paused before every game to see who got it right. Good luck to her and her singing career. Oh yeah, one more piece of advice.....leave out the Mariah Carey style runs.....the song should be sung fairly straightforward with little to no embellishment. 

She sings it the way it was written, so no problem there.