Should We Make a Run @ Le'Veon Bell in 2019?

H2o

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That would be an amazing combo though but Bell is demanding too much money. I'd draft a RB in first 3 rounds and have Shady groom him for at least a year.. 

We're going to have a boatload of cash and I think will put the finishing touches on the roster makeover..

I agree the draft is the answer. RB's traded do not have a good recent history as a difference maker.

Let McDermott and Beane groom our next drafted RB. I wouldn't let Shady groom my dog.

5 hours ago, JP's Voice said:

No doubt that he would be productive and a good add on a team that's competing for a championship.

Gotta go back to the Adrian Peterson argument. He's the best RB we've seen in 15 years and yet he's never won anything. No matter how good a RB is, he won't win you a championship unless the rest of the team is already good. Seeing that we have some holes on offense, we should plug those holes and wait for a few years before we get a RB to put us over the top.

While that sounds like a good idea something tells me this regime won’t see it that way

5 hours ago, JP's Voice said:

Investing a large amount of our cap in an aging RB would be one of those moves that we'd be unhappy about for years. We should invest in the O-Line and WR next year, not RB IMO.

he'll be 27 when the season starts next year.

he's not 33.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not to mention his whiny gig is getting OLD as well.......no way he's  McD process guy.................

he's not completely wrong.

he puts up the #'s of a top RB and a #2 receiver.

he wants too much $$, but he's also worth more than what typical RB's get.

The Steelers just set the market for Bell.  No team will pay him what he now wants next year...because they know they won't have to.

Also, what team will he go to next year where he will put up the all around numbers he has in the past?

Edited by Mr. WEO

8 hours ago, H2o said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24114399/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-fail-reach-long-term-deal-ahead-franchise-tag-deadline

This is likely his last year in Pittsburgh. We will have a boatload of money next offseason. What say you TSW?

No.

"It became clear the Steelers wanted to pay the position,not the player." - Bell's agent

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24114399/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-fail-reach-long-term-deal-ahead-franchise-tag-deadline

And that's what smart teams do for RBs. Great player but he will be too expensive.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

What about a WR making over 14 million per year?

What about a WR making over 14 million per year and averagign 8.2 and 7.7 yards per reception over the last two years and 8.5 for his career. Bell is a very valuable RB. But he's an RB.

Edited by Thurman#1

If I'm spending money in FA I'm picking up a DE, OG, or a WR with speed and I'd only give the DE a contract anywhere near 14M+. I use that boatloads of cap space to re-sign the guys on the team who are actually producing like White, Hyde and Power and  so I don't have to act like a feeder team for teams with responsible cap management. The key to long-term success is drafting well and retaining your own players, not playing fantasy football like the Redskins. Once you have the cap under control you can throw some cash at vets on a 1-2 year contract, drop them and bring in the next guy that's still producing after the first vet's production declines. If we are lucky and we actually hit on Allen we'll be handing him a 20M contract in 4 years anyway.

Edited by ndirish1978

44 minutes ago, nucci said:

I wouldn't pay him that much but the criticisms here are funny...injuries....? He's only good because he's surrounded by great players.......? Come on

....reminds me of Shaun Alexander with Seahawks......from 2001-2005, accumulated about 7,500 yards rushing....signed the "big deal" in 2006 and downhill thereafter.....

Alexander signed an eight-year, $62 million contract ($15.1 million of which was guaranteed and $15 million to be paid in the first year of the contract) to remain with the Seattle Seahawks organization] becoming the highest paid running back in NFL history at the time

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Piss away a ton of money on a high priced RB with some mileage on the odometer? 

Why would we do that? 

This is a passing league.

You’ll love Bell then. He caught 26 more balls than the guy with the most catches on our team (McCoy). It being a passing league IS a reason to chase Bell not a reason against it.

Bell will not be cheap but is a good option if Shady is done (which may or may not be the case). This team is COMPLETELY devoid of weapons outside of Shady. We have arguably the worst skill players in the NFL. Adding arguably the best skill player in the NFL (I still think it’s Antonio Brown) wouldn’t hurt the Bills.

9 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Sure. The Bills have 90MM in cap space next year or something like that next year, before the cap goes up.  

Adding playmakers is always a good idea. 

Especially when you have a QB on a rookie deal. They can give Bell 4 years and $60M with the majority of the guaranteed money in the first 3 years. That wouldn’t even put a dent in their space. They can still add a starting WR and a starting OL without doing much damage. They can bring in Golden Tate and Martavis Bryant (let KB walk) while getting a solid OL starter (maybe Ali Marpet). They wouldn’t even dent their cap space and have 9 picks. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’ll love Bell then. He caught 26 more balls than the guy with the most catches on our team (McCoy). It being a passing league IS a reason to chase Bell not a reason against it.

Bell will not be cheap but is a good option if Shady is done (which may or may not be the case). This team is COMPLETELY devoid of weapons outside of Shady. We have arguably the worst skill players in the NFL. Adding arguably the best skill player in the NFL (I still think it’s Antonio Brown) wouldn’t hurt the Bills.

Yeah but look at their QB's.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Peter King (on Golic/Wingo) stated, this morning, that over the last 10 years, the 7 RBs who led the league in rushing had an average draft spot of 79th overall.

I saw that and thought it was interesting....and about right. Obviously, what we should do is trade for the 79th pick!

I’d seriously be fine with taking a shot at RB around round 3 where they seem to have good ones available. You probably don’t get a Bell, but you can get a good one, even if we still have Shady or even Bell.