Should We Make a Run @ Le'Veon Bell in 2019?

H2o

3 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If there is a prospect out there that can generate 1800+ rushing and receiving yards annually, he'll go in the top 5. 

Yeah I think it’s relatively rare to have a legit running/receiving threat with proven production in both in the draft  which is why Barkley went so high. Now David Johnson did go in the 3rd, but I think that was due to him playing against lesser competition. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I think it’s relatively rare to have a legit running/receiving threat with proven production in both in the draft  which is why Barkley went so high. Now David Johnson did go in the 3rd, but I think that was due to him playing against lesser competition. 

Don't forget Alvin Kamara last year was the same thing.  I think the guy had 80+ receptions.  It feels to me like the NFL is entering a new norm where teams have multiple guys that run the ball, but that RB's are a lot more involved in the receiving game.  I might be wrong, and will say that I have not looked at the historical statistics on this.

12 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Don't forget Alvin Kamara last year was the same thing.  I think the guy had 80+ receptions.  It feels to me like the NFL is entering a new norm where teams have multiple guys that run the ball, but that RB's are a lot more involved in the receiving game.  I might be wrong, and will say that I have not looked at the historical statistics on this.

HOF QB and a top 10 offensive line always helps.  Kamara and Ingram compliment each other really well. 

We have been spoiled by players like Kamara, Hunt, Johnson and Jordan Howard, but teams are still doing really well drafting RBs high. 

Fournette, Elliot, Gurley have all excelled and are a critical reason those teams had winning records. Barkley should be in that class real soon. 

Considering how depressed the RB market is, it's crazy that more teams aren't investing in that area. 

Two Pro Bowl WRs will cost you $25-$35m. Two Pro Bowl RBs could be had for $15m. 

26 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

HOF QB and a top 10 offensive line always helps.  Kamara and Ingram compliment each other really well

We have been spoiled by players like Kamara, Hunt, Johnson and Jordan Howard, but teams are still doing really well drafting RBs high. 

Fournette, Elliot, Gurley have all excelled and are a critical reason those teams had winning records. Barkley should be in that class real soon. 

Considering how depressed the RB market is, it's crazy that more teams aren't investing in that area. 

Two Pro Bowl WRs will cost you $25-$35m. Two Pro Bowl RBs could be had for $15m. 

Kamara to Ingram:  "That's a really sharp teal suit that you have there".

Ingram to Kamara:  "I like the new haircut....are those new shoes?"

2 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Kamara to Ingram:  "That's a really sharp teal suit that you have there".

Ingram to Kamara:  "I like the new haircut....are those new shoes?"

Kamara to Ingram: "Yeah, they're shoes that only non-PED using RB's are allowed to don. Sorry bro." 

Haha, this would be such a Bills move. Pay $20 million/ year for a rb in a passing league who is one strike away from a year long suspension.

i always favor the players getting every cent they can.  But because of his position and suspensions, Bell has no leverage.  He is probsbly going to lose a lot of money by not signing that deal.  Pittsburgh might have the most talented roster but guys like Bell and Brown are completely selfish (I don’t fully blame them) and it is hurting them.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, this would be such a Bills move. Pay $20 million/ year for a rb in a passing league who is one strike away from a year long suspension.

i always favor the players getting every cent they can.  But because of his position and suspensions, Bell has no leverage.  He is probsbly going to lose a lot of money by not signing that deal.  Pittsburgh might have the most talented roster but guys like Bell and Brown are completely selfish (I don’t fully blame them) and it is hurting them.

Kind of an odd statement, considering the Bills haven't paid a non-QB offensive player more than $8M/year, well, ever.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It was hyperbole but given what Bell wants, it may not be that far off.

First-off, let me correct a mistake.  Glenn got $12M/year, but he's the only player outside of QB to get anything over $8M/year.

As for Bell, he can ask for what he wants.  Whether he gets it is anyone's guess, but it won't be from the Bills and probably not from anyone else either.

You don't overpay for RB's in today's NFL.  You either have a RB by committee to keep fresh legs out there or take advantage of the rookie wage scale by drafting a stud RB (Gurley, Elliott, Hunt).  QB's, OL, and WR should be your priority on offense when it comes to a 2nd contract or free agency.  Bell is taking a risk given his injury history and he'll be 27 at this time next year.  Best of luck to him, but I don't see Beane overpaying for a RB.

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

First-off, let me correct a mistake.  Glenn got $12M/year, but he's the only player outside of QB to get anything over $8M/year.

As for Bell, he can ask for what he wants.  Whether he gets it is anyone's guess, but it won't be from the Bills and probably not from anyone else either.

I don’t think so either but this new regime seems to have an outdated view of football given the 8 fullbacks, 20 rbs, and 65 slot receivers they have brought on (hyperbole!).

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think so either but this new regime seems to have an outdated view of football given the 8 fullbacks, 20 rbs, and 65 slot receivers they have brought on (hyperbole!).

Given the cap situation, lower-tier RB's, FB's, and slot receivers are cheaper.  And realize that the Cheaters spent virtually as much on RB's as the Bills did this past season.