Should We Make a Run @ Le'Veon Bell in 2019?

H2o

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having Bell at 15-16 mill a year for 3 years. The league is changing, salaries are rising, and Bell is a perennial All-Pro RB. He can run for 1,300 yards or more, catch 60-70 passes for another 700-800 yards, and he can block. He is a true 3 down RB and top 3 in the league. 

I agree, RB is an important position, we have a ton of cap, why not? We saw what Shady did here, got us all the way to the playoffs.

2 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I think Shady would take offense to that move.

That would be an amazing combo though but Bell is demanding too much money. I'd draft a RB in first 3 rounds and have Shady groom him for at least a year.. 

We're going to have a boatload of cash and I think will put the finishing touches on the roster makeover..

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

No way. Use the cap space to fix the o line, wide receivers, and D line. (Especially o line and WRs)

Honestly, I believe we have enough $$$ next year to add two good OL players, a pass rusher or LB if need be, a WR, and still get Bell. In the draft you could make your priorities WR, DL, and OL in whatever order as well. We have a ton of cap in 2019, but the question will be if Beane and McDermott can sell FA's on Buffalo. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Honestly, I believe we have enough $$$ next year to add two good OL players, a pass rusher or LB if need be, a WR, and still get Bell. In the draft you could make your priorities WR, DL, and OL in whatever order as well. We have a ton of cap in 2019, but the question will be if Beane and McDermott can sell FA's on Buffalo. 

I agree with all of what you said, but would you really want to commit a lot of money to a RB with a lot of miles on him? Plus on top of it, he seems like a headcase. 

I personally don’t think it would be a good investment

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I thought it was rich for Sammy, but his deal didn't really change the going rate.

Elite receivers are getting $13-$18 million p/year. 

Yeah, but what did it do to the market for elite decoys?

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I agree with all of what you said, but would you really want to commit a lot of money to a RB with a lot of miles on him? Plus on top of it, he seems like a headcase. 

I personally don’t think it would be a good investment

If we can get the All-Pro level production for 3 years I think it would be worth it. No one can predict injuries, but a healthy Bell would be a worthy investment to help a young QB while he grows. They said Shady had too many miles as well. Some RB's are the exception to the rule. I think Bell is likely one of them. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Beane didn’t fix Whaley’s mess so he could go make his own. Look at all the running backs putting up big numbers, there is zero reason to overpay Bell. Draft a guy. 

Please show me a RB that does what Bell does. Please remember he catches 70+ balls a year too

"@RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

From what I understand, the #Steelers’ final offer to RB Le’Veon Bell was 5 years, $70M with more than $30M over 2 years. Last year, the offer was 5 years, $60M. ... Instead, he’ll earn $14.5M on another franchise tag."

No thanks

Edited by PirateHookerMD
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Please show me a RB that does what Bell does. Please remember he catches 70+ balls a year too

Please show me a team that won a Super Bowl with a running back making over 14 million per year. I’m not about stacking the stat column, I’m all about that trophy. Find a Kareem Hunt/Dalvin Cook/Kamara who can catch 50 balls and run for close to 5 YPC. 

The Bills should have used a pick on Nick Chubb. 

Zero value in paying a RB 15 million. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24114399/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-fail-reach-long-term-deal-ahead-franchise-tag-deadline

This is likely his last year in Pittsburgh. We will have a boatload of money next offseason. What say you TSW?

Sone already think Shady is too old and expensive.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Please show me a team that won a Super Bowl with a running back making over 14 million per year. I’m not about stacking the stat column, I’m all about that trophy. Find a Kareem Hunt/Dalvin Cook/Kamara who can catch 50 balls and run for close to 5 YPC. 

The Bills should have used a pick on Nick Chubb. 

Zero value in paying a RB 15 million. 

What about a WR making over 14 million per year?

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sone already think Shady is too old and expensive.

Opinions are like...

51 minutes ago, H2o said:

If we can get the All-Pro level production for 3 years I think it would be worth it. No one can predict injuries, but a healthy Bell would be a worthy investment to help a young QB while he grows. They said Shady had too many miles as well. Some RB's are the exception to the rule. I think Bell is likely one of them. Just my opinion. 

Fair enough. I’m just worried he’s one of those guys who will get a huge paycheque and mail it in a bit

5 hours ago, H2o said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24114399/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-fail-reach-long-term-deal-ahead-franchise-tag-deadline

This is likely his last year in Pittsburgh. We will have a boatload of money next offseason. What say you TSW?

No no no and no. He is on a crusade to fight for higher RB wages that he thinks NFL unjustly stifles.

The Steelers tried to make him the highest pd RB in NFL history and he would not accept. Why would he accept a Bills offer?

Bills could never afford a 15 mill per yr approaching 30 yr old RB. And his dancing and hesitating MO behind o-line blockers at line of scrimmage waiting for an opening would put him 6 ft under with Bills line skills.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1