Should We Make a Run @ Le'Veon Bell in 2019?

H2o

Just now, I'm Spartacus said:

I think Shady would take offense to that move.

Shady might be elsewhere by then where he has a whole different set of offenses to worry about. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JP's Voice said:

Investing a large amount of our cap in an aging RB would be one of those moves that we'd be unhappy about for years. We should invest in the O-Line and WR next year, not RB IMO.

He's 26 so it'll be like getting shady again and having 3 very productive seasons by the age of 30. So at most you give him 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

He's 26 so it'll be like getting shady again and having 3 very productive seasons by the age of 30. So at most you give him 4 years.

No doubt that he would be productive and a good add on a team that's competing for a championship.

Gotta go back to the Adrian Peterson argument. He's the best RB we've seen in 15 years and yet he's never won anything. No matter how good a RB is, he won't win you a championship unless the rest of the team is already good. Seeing that we have some holes on offense, we should plug those holes and wait for a few years before we get a RB to put us over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think paying that much for RBs is bad business.

Invest in the line and lots of RBs can be as good as Bell.

has anyone done that?  he puts up a ton of production. it's very easy to say what you said but when has it happend?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JP's Voice said:

No doubt that he would be productive and a good add on a team that's competing for a championship.

Gotta go back to the Adrian Peterson argument. He's the best RB we've seen in 15 years and yet he's never won anything. No matter how good a RB is, he won't win you a championship unless the rest of the team is already good. Seeing that we have some holes on offense, we should plug those holes and wait for a few years before we get a RB to put us over the top.

I'd agree if they didn't have 100mil in cap space to fix the offense next season 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

has anyone done that?  he puts up a ton of production. it's very easy to say what you said but when has it happend?

I'm not saying Bell isn't awesome.  He is.  But he's also got the best WR on the planet and a HOF QB.

I think it happens all the time.  Most teams with superior run games have elite O lines.  Look at Zeke Elliott with an elite line vs. Zeke Elliott (and Dak Prescott, for that matter) without an elite line.  Night and day.

The Broncos, during their run (Elway days) had a revolving door of RBs who did well behind their elite line.  Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis.

It's just my personal belief that there are very few RBs who can be successful WITHOUT a superior line.  Build the line and a "good," RB becomes "great."

I'll also add:  If a team is a RB away from being a powerhouse, then MAYBE a team should invest that much in one.  The Bills are missing a hell of a lot more pieces than RB.  The timing, price and need are all wrong.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd agree if they didn't have 100mil in cap space to fix the offense next season 

Beane didn’t fix Whaley’s mess so he could go make his own. Look at all the running backs putting up big numbers, there is zero reason to overpay Bell. Draft a guy. 

• Like (+1) 1