2018 leagues and drafts

CommonCents

My draft isn’t until September 1st. I’m slowly looking through some rankings and schedules. Anyone else have the itch yet?

Must have defense: Jags, again

Value RB: Royce Freeman ADP is currently 81.

Break out WR: Corey Davis

Hype meets value: Trey Burton 

Don’t touch: Marshawn/Shady

I won’t list a quarterback, when I took Luck he was hurt, other than that I put too much stock in Winston. I will edit my list once preseason starts.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Getting the itch a little. Still a little early for any definite picks. Things change so much over the preseason.  What kind of league are you in?

10 person, standard scoring, one keeper. What about you?

Yeah watching preseason reruns helped me a lot last year. It’s a great way to evaluate the rookies.

A couple 12 teams ppr. I have been running a league for a few years using the CBS site. I really like it but it's $150 per year to use. Switching to Yahoo this year. I usually start getting things going when training camp starts. Hopefully, by the time the season rolls around everyone is paid up and ready to draft.

4 hours ago, Dante said:

A couple 12 teams ppr. I have been running a league for a few years using the CBS site. I really like it but it's $150 per year to use. Switching to Yahoo this year. I usually start getting things going when training camp starts. Hopefully, by the time the season rolls around everyone is paid up and ready to draft.

We use NFL it’s free so that means more money into the prize pool. Trying for a live draft this year but one guy looks to be out of town on draft day. We just do 100 per.  

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:01 AM, Commonsense said:

Fat Zeke? I need to see it. Good call on Allen that Chargers team is going to score some serious points. 

Keenan is always a question mark, last year he played a full season so his numbers look great.

Must have defense: Jags look good and am sure someone will over draft the Rams but to me DST is similar to QB that can always find one later than risk draft one sooner.

Value: Ronald Jones. I'm thinking he'll be drafted in RB3 territory but by years end could be an above average RB2.

Break Out: Will Fuller: 3rd year WR that has his starting QB coming back from injury.

Hype Meter: Jimmy Graham in Green Bay. Not sure how I feel about him as Green Bay TEs never excelled but with Jordy in silver & black maybe he lives up to the hype.

Don't Touch: Jerick McKinnon he never broke out in Minnesota and Carlos Hyde was never great in San Francisco. 

Speaking of the oft injured/never great Carlos Hyde, keep an eye on Nick Chubb. 

Another sleeper on a high scoring offense is D’onta Foreman. I drafted him last year and just as he seemed to breakout in a game against Zona he tore his Achilles. I’m not sure when he is due back.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though he has yet to step on the field, I'm currently liking the idea of taking Dalvin Cook @ 10 in my 12 team ppr.

Lots of late value @ QB, with established guys like Luck, Goff, & Ryan available in the 9th & beyond.  

Of course, all of this is subject to change over the next 3 weeks.

21 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Even though he has yet to step on the field, I'm currently liking the idea of taking Dalvin Cook @ 10 in my 12 team ppr.

Lots of late value @ QB, with established guys like Luck, Goff, & Ryan available in the 9th & beyond.  

Of course, all of this is subject to change over the next 3 weeks.

I love Cook FWIW, their line is a bit banged up though. I wouldn’t draft Allen but I can see the possible value.

I have Gurley as a keeper, I see a ton of WR value late so I may try something different this year. I keep an open mind depending on how the board falls but I’d like to go RB, Kelce, RB, QB, WR, WR

QB Wilson/Watson 

RB Gurley, Gordon, Mixon, Chubb, Carson

TE Kelce

WR C.Davis, Fuller, Lockett, Meredith

D Jags

Benjamin is a guy I’d also consider a high upside WR if Allen wins the job. I know Davis tweeked his hammy again so all this is obviously still a bit far out. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in a 12-team half-ppr league. We get one keeper in the round they were drafted in the year before. I kept Gurley with my second round pick. I had the 8th pick.

My targets in the early rounds were Michael Thomas and Derrick Henry. I think both with have great seasons. I love Njoku this year knowing Tyrod loves throwing to tight ends and he's looked good in preseason. I wanted Rivers as my value QB. 

My draft went as follows:

1. Michael Thomas

2. Todd Gurley (keeper)

3. Derrick Henry

4. Jay Ajayi

5. Emmanuel Sanders

6. Marvin Jones

7. Tarik Cohen

8. David Njoku

9. Randall Cobb

10. Marlon Mack

11. Calvin Ridley

12. Jimmy Garropolo

13. Chris Boswell

14. Saints D

15. John Brown

Feel pretty good about the draft. I got most of my targets. A couple value picks. We will see how it goes.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:35 PM, The Jokeman said:

Keenan is always a question mark, last year he played a full season so his numbers look great.

Must have defense: Jags look good and am sure someone will over draft the Rams but to me DST is similar to QB that can always find one later than risk draft one sooner.

Value: Ronald Jones. I'm thinking he'll be drafted in RB3 territory but by years end could be an above average RB2.

Break Out: Will Fuller: 3rd year WR that has his starting QB coming back from injury.

Hype Meter: Jimmy Graham in Green Bay. Not sure how I feel about him as Green Bay TEs never excelled but with Jordy in silver & black maybe he lives up to the hype.

Don't Touch: Jerick McKinnon he never broke out in Minnesota and Carlos Hyde was never great in San Francisco. 

Now that JMcK ¨broke¨  in Frisco, you were spot on target in your dont-touch take!!  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2018 at 6:50 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I'd drop Kittle.  You can usually find viable tight end options on waivers and I don't believe for a second Barber will start over Ronald Jones all season, dont care how atrocious he looked in the preseason.

Picked up Daniel Carlson, he can bomb them from over 50 and that’s 5 points in my league.  

Released Kittle, he shouldn’t explode against the Vikes D and I’d have a chance to get him back. 

I have Josh Gordon in my lineup atm but probably will change that. From what I’m hearing his snap count will be limited. I’m HIGH on Gordon, HIGHER when Mayfield takes over. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.