Are you consistent with your annual physical?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you're in the CIA also?

Annual physical - yes.

Bloodwork for proteins, hemoglobin, LDL/HDL, etc. - yes

Colonoscopy every four years - yes

Side note: The colonoscopy isn't too bad. Sedated for the whole thing with some kickass drugs. Wake up and ask when will it start and they said you're all done. Worst part is drinking all the Gatorade and Miralax to clean yourself out. But if there was ever such a thing as a "cleanse" that would be it. I think I drop three pounds every four years.

we had a patient go through it without being sedated.  i'm not sure if they used any anesthetic at all, but he said he wouldn't do that again.

Edited by teef

My Insurance pays for a physical every three years so I think I'm due in January. My doctor used to have me come in every few months for blood work as my triglycerides are high and my potassium is low, plus he liked to check on my high blood pressure.  Since my blood pressure has been great the last few times I went, he hasn't scheduled an appt for me since last fall... that or he figures I'd be dead by now.

Colonoscopy, had one at age 50 and he told me every 10 years after. The one I had the drugs didn't even come close to knocking me out so I watched the entire procedure on the tv screen he used to do the procedure.

47 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you're in the CIA also?

Annual physical - yes.

Bloodwork for proteins, hemoglobin, LDL/HDL, etc. - yes

Colonoscopy every four years - yes

Side note: The colonoscopy isn't too bad. Sedated for the whole thing with some kickass drugs. Wake up and ask when will it start and they said you're all done. Worst part is drinking all the Gatorade and Miralax to clean yourself out. But if there was ever such a thing as a "cleanse" that would be it. I think I drop three pounds every four years.

Isn't the normal "starting age," for colonoscopies 50?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

we had a patient go through on without being sedated.  i'm not sure if they used any anesthetic at all, but he said he wouldn't do that again.

3 years ago I had a procedure done on me similar to a colonoscopy....but this one was done with my junk.

They had to fit a small little camera in my junk to get pics of my bladder.  I wasn't given anything and had to deal with the pain.  

It really hurt, like a bad sting when the first inserted it.  The worst is when they pulled it out because you feel like your entire insides are coming with it.

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

3 years ago I had a procedure done on me similar to a colonoscopy....but this one was done with my junk.

They had to fit a small little camera in my junk to get pics of my bladder.  I wasn't given anything and had to deal with the pain.  

It really hurt, like a bad sting when the first inserted it.  The worst is when they pulled it out because you feel like your entire insides are coming with it.

why in the world would they not give you something for that.  just thinking about it makes me squirm. 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

why in the world would they not give you something for that.  just thinking about it makes me squirm. 

I have no idea.  

The weirdest feeling was when they actually filled my bladder up manually with another tool.  It was a cooler liquid that felt so odd.  They wanted to see how my bladder acted as it was filling up.  It was the worst day of my life.

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Without going into too much detail, our family has a history of polyps and the doctor said "Let's get you started at age 40"....it's a rite of passage.

Good thing your son is in a frat, get used to it early.

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

One year my doctor offered me a mail in test. You send a small swab if stool sample in an envelope and they analyze it. I’m not sure how accurate it is because I never sent one in and he’s never offered it as an option since. 

Kaiser Permanente would send me envelops every month but they never gave me results from first so I did not bother afterwards.

Terrible company if you are assigned a bad physician. My was more concerned with tests and getting me on medication to buy at their pharmacy then correcting issues I had concern with.

19 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The doctor hasn’t asked to stick a finger up my ass yet.  When can I expect that joyous examination to begin?  I turn 40 in February.

You can expect it next March.

When my doctor was putting on the glove, he said, "This is going to be a little uncomfortable."

I responded, "It's ALREADY a little uncomfortable."

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

When my doctor was putting on the glove, he said, "This is going to be a little uncomfortable."

You guys probably needed to do a warm up exercise to get you a little more comfortable with each other.  

Something like name 5 things you already like about the other person or talk about your worst break up.  It'll relax you.  I think you would feel better if you know the guy on a deeper level before he sticks his finger in your ***.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had a biopsy of my bladder done with no IV (meds). Never again.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

This...100 % spot on.

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I need to find a new doctor.  My current doctor is a large man with fingers like kielbasa links.

When I had my last colonoscopy I had 7 polyps removed.

My concern was while I was "out" two nurses were talking about how a married proctologist, who had complaints against him in past, was "coming out of closet" and getting divorced.  I did not hear name unfortunately.

When I get a new proctologist I am looking for a female one without long nails.