Are you consistent with your annual physical?

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just realized that it's been about 5 years since I've had a physical.  My insurance offers one free a year and for some reason, I haven't gotten one.  I feel good but that's still not a good reason.

I need to plan one soon.

Lucky to have been insured all this time, so yes, I get one ever year. Under the ACA annual physicals and tests were covered 100%. But I guess people grew tired of such tyranny.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just scheduled my first one since 2013.  Thursday August 23rd at 7:30 am est.

Please put this on your calendars so I can get encouragement that morning.  Thank you.

Make sure you clean your butt hole really good that morning just in case. 

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Make sure you clean your butt hole really good that morning just in case. 

I will refuse.  I am not comfortable with this yet.  I know I'll eventually have to do it but just not now.

I'm hoping in a few years there's another way to figure out if there's something there or not.  

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Every year 

Do the Doc's tell you every year that you're a walking miracle?

Hadn't gone to the doctor for 7 years (age 50-57). Had a stroke at age 57.   Now 4 years later, I go yo my GP, cardiologist , nephrologist, and neurologist twice a year.  Lots off stuff can I have no outward  symptoms which  tests can find.

My nephrologist checks my creatinine level  which is a sign of kidney damage if it goes up too high. You don't have any major symptoms until it is  pretty high. When I had my stroke, they said I had about a month before my kidney failed (I only have one since I had the other remove when I was 4 in 1961). I'm ok now.

A friend had a routine PSA test (had no symptoms at all. The # was through the roof. He had to have his prostate removed at Roswell it was full of cancer. He is fine now.

Get a checkup to head off any future problems.

Edited by Wacka

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My teeth are impeccable and I get them done twice a year now that I think about it.  Every 6 months free cleaning.

Physical is once a year.  

Southerns have gross teeth because they believe all Dentists are liberals and they ain't gonna let no damn Liberals touch any of their tooths.  

Similar to dentists in Britan, the only occupation more lonely then the Maytag repairman......

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, I am in my early 30s. Workout 4 times a week. Take in zero processed sugars or meats. Only two colors I eat are dark green (veggies) and white meat (fish/chicken). I have enough fiber running through my system to have a dominant bowl movement everyday. Supplement my food with 3 glasses of organic green tea, roughly a gallon of water with lemon, and 1 glass of red wine everyday.

You really need to get over that kind if thinking...sure its awful and it's not too much fun for the doctor either, but for a moment of discomfort, you can potentially save many more years of more intense discomfort.  If you are approaching 50, just give in and do the butt check and the colonoscopy and go on with your life 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I will refuse.  I am not comfortable with this yet.  I know I'll eventually have to do it but just not now.

I'm hoping in a few years there's another way to figure out if there's something there or not.  

Do the Doc's tell you every year that you're a walking miracle?

4 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

You really need to get over that kind if thinking...sure its awful and it's not too much fun for the doctor either, but for a moment of discomfort, you can potentially save many more years of more intense discomfort.  If you are approaching 50, just give in and do the butt check and the colonoscopy and go on with your life 

I'm 36 now.  I figured I'll probably have to do it annually when I reach my early 40's.  I've got a few years to work up to this.

Yeah, you have time, but don't put it off too long...my doctor always tells me he is still amazed that in this age of medical technology advancement, this archaic method is still the most effective.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm 36 now.  I figured I'll probably have to do it annually when I reach my early 40's.  I've got a few years to work up to this.

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

Yeah, you have time, but don't put it off too long...my doctor always tells me he is still amazed that in this age of medical technology advancement, this archaic method is still the most effective.

This guy Galen, thousands of years ago designed surgical tools back in Ancient Greece.  The surgical tools we use today haven't changed that much as far as design.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galen

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I asked my GP about that, he said not until you're 50.

I have one next month so I'll ask what his opinion is.  I hope he says 50....

18 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Just had mine last week. My work does an in depth biometric screen as part of our health plan, so I just forward the results to my family  Dr. and discuss any changes since the previous year.

So you're in the CIA also?

Annual physical - yes.

Bloodwork for proteins, hemoglobin, LDL/HDL, etc. - yes

Colonoscopy every four years - yes

Side note: The colonoscopy isn't too bad. Sedated for the whole thing with some kickass drugs. Wake up and ask when will it start and they said you're all done. Worst part is drinking all the Gatorade and Miralax to clean yourself out. But if there was ever such a thing as a "cleanse" that would be it. I think I drop three pounds every four years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ahhhh Propofol?  The Michael Jackson drug of choice.....from my one colonoscopy, I TOTALLY  get why he liked it so much...i felt like i had been asleep for days, woke up so rested and it was barely 45 minutes.....then the cacophony of farts just added to the moment

10 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you're in the CIA also?

Annual physical - yes.

Bloodwork for proteins, hemoglobin, LDL/HDL, etc. - yes

Colonoscopy every four years - yes

Side note: The colonoscopy isn't too bad. Sedated for the whole thing with some kickass drugs. Wake up and ask when will it start and they said you're all done. Worst part is drinking all the Gatorade and Miralax to clean yourself out. But if there was ever such a thing as a "cleanse" that would be it. I think I drop three pounds every four years.

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

One year my doctor offered me a mail in test. You send a small swab if stool sample in an envelope and they analyze it. I’m not sure how accurate it is because I never sent one in and he’s never offered it as an option since.