Helsinki Summit

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It absolutely does. But the two charges are also separate. Propaganda on Facebook and through grass roots organization is not hacking, it's meddling. Hacking is meddling, but it's also an actual criminal violation. My clarification is that many people can believe the former without believing the latter happened (at least in the way it's been presented to us). Trump is (clearly) one of those people. The media has gone out of their way not to clarify this delineation because it serves the greater purpose of conflating the two when Trump fumbles his words. 

Trump has said many times Russia meddled. He's backed the IC on their revised ICA, he's backed Coats (Coats backed him yesterday mind you), he's backed Wray, he's backed Rogers, he's backed Pompeo. But, as a narcissist, he's VERY sensitive to the charges his win was illegitimate. The hacking narrative has been pushed, and is usually asked, by those who believe that sentiment - hence Trump's constant refusal to acknowledge it. That's on Trump, without question, but it's not accurate to say he brushes meddling off completely. 

Hang on.

This is where he needs to check his sources (Twitter) to find someone that agrees with him, so he can show you his proof.

Of course this side will complete conflate everything that you've pointed out and completely ignore what you've said.

He'll end it by calling you a name or with a snarky comment.

He calls that debating.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

We all saw with our own eyes and heard with our own ears the President of the United States say that the intelligence service of his own country is not to be believed over a murdering dictator.  If you prefer to stand with Putin vs. our people feel free.  Ironically living in a great country like ours vs. what Putin runs gives you that right.

That's not what he said and you know it. Why do you have to lie to make a point?

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't have "loyalties", and neither should you. 

And we're not talking about "mistakes" we're talking about a long and storied history of taking direct intentional actions against the lives and interest of the American people.

Lying us into Iraq was not a "mistake".

The Bay of Pigs was not a "mistake."

MKUltra was not a "mistake".

Intentionally releasing the whooping cough in the Tampa Bay area was not a "mistake".

Intentionally infecting Guatemalans with  syphilis was not a "mistake".

Injecting unsuspecting US citizens with plutonium was not a "mistake".

Injecting prisoners with the main ingredient of Agent Orange was not a "mistake".

Choosing to protect and insulate known pedophiles in government was not a "mistake".

Dosing unsuspecting US citizens with LSD was not a "mistake".

Overthrowing the governments of Iran, Argentina, Guatemala, the Congo, the Dominican Republic, South Vietnam, and Chile was not a "mistake".

Running the global supply of opiates was not a "mistake".

These are just a few examples of absolutely egregious and criminal acts undertaken by these same agencies you're claiming it is your patriotic duty to trust, and owe allegiance to.

How many foreign elections has our government interfered with ? Maybe all of them?

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your last statement?  Yes.  Not shooting war, not nuclear war.  Fight cyberattacks with cyberattacks.

I'm sure I haven't.  Claiming someone said something and then backtracking to say you just assume so is just weak.

So you're redefining "war" to mean something other than war, and thus calling it an act of war.

I've called you an idiot already, right?  Do I have to do it again, or is it self-evident at this point?

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump has "full faith and support in the American intelligence agencies". (most recent blurb coming out of the gaggle)

Damage control after yesterday's debacle that brought him heat from all sides.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: What was old is new again. 

I have to say, I didn't see that one coming.  :lol:

Just think...he's got an entire staff to think these things up.  They probably go out to lunch and talk over ways to get back at Trump.  "I know...let's bring up his taxes again!"  Then they run back to Schumer's chief-of-staff, run it by him, and he ok's it and gives it to Chuck to tweet.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nothing to see here... just Politico advocating for a shooting war with Russia. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/16/putin-russia-trump-2016-pearl-harbor-219015

Remember, there was a large contingent of neocon/neoliberal support in the press during Hillary's campaign who were supporting her calls for starting a preemptive war with Russia. Funny how they're now all crawling out of the woodwork in traditionally left leaning rags to push a geopolitical solution that the left would have rioted against in 2003-2016.

Makes you wonder who's being misled... 

Jesus, what a country of pussies we've become if Facebook advertising we disagree with is our new "Pearl Harbor."

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

A final thought.  If the tables were turned and a Democratic president made the statements made yesterday would opinions here change?  Mine would not.  This should be about country and not politics.

Not really.  I'd laugh at the naivety of it, and deconstruct the overreaction to it.  Only difference is I'd be deconstructing the arguments of a different set of morons.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hint: Hacking is included as part of the interference.  Cute try though.  Prior to yesterday he has cast doubt on Russian hacking as I initially posted. 

He has cast doubt on the hacking claims.  That is important because DNC contends that they were hacked in the summer of 2016, while many independent analysts claim that there was no external hack, but an inside job.

That's why it's important to keep the two issues separate for a proper analysis.  Yet, you keep conflating.

• Like (+1) 1