Bruce Smith & Chef's Restaurant Spaghetti Parm

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Chef’s sauce is disgusting.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's pretty damn average.  Big portions still go over well in Buffalo.  

As Jack Nicholson said, "only in the midwest is overeating still considered an act of heroism."

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, stony said:

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's pretty damn average.  Big portions still go over well in Buffalo.  

As Jack Nicholson said, "only in the midwest is overeating still considered an act of heroism."

Ha, I like that quote.

Places like Chef’s are for folks that don’t have an Italian Nana to show them what real sauce tastes like.  Sugar in your sauce, even to cut acidity, is a mortal sin in my family ;)

But food is like music, you can’t simply tell someone what their tastes should be. Chef’s wouldn’t have held on for so long if a lot of people didn’t like it. I am all for local, small business, so good for them, especially seeing as they’ve been there waaaaay before that area started to come back.

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ha, I like that quote.

Places like Chef’s are for folks that don’t have an Italian Nana to show them what real sauce tastes like.  Sugar in your sauce, even to cut acidity, is a mortal sin in my family ;)

But food is like music, you can’t simply tell someone what their tastes should be. Chef’s wouldn’t have held on for so long if a lot of people didn’t like it. I am all for local, small business, so good for them, especially seeing as they’ve been there waaaaay before that area started to come back.

Sup, sauce snob? I’m Italian and I like it. My grandmother came over from Italy and I like her sauce, which was not sweet, and I like chefs too. I like all different red sauces. I hate all white sauces though. Give me red sauce or just plain olive oil. 

23 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Ha, I like that quote.

So true.  My in-laws love it there.  I've slowly steered them towards Mulberrys, but we're at Chef's a few times a year.  They like it for the reasons you mention.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sup, sauce snob? I’m Italian and I like it. My grandmother came over from Italy and I like her sauce, which was not sweet, and I like chefs too. I like all different red sauces. I hate all white sauces though. Give me red sauce or just plain olive oil. 

Well, our family recipe is technically Sicilian, but I’m not old-school enough to get into that whole divide, ha. 

I do like a good clam sauce occasionally, and I like to do angel hair w fresh garden tomatoes, garlic and olive oil at home as well. No alfredos or fontinas or any of that, that stuff is too heavy to enjoy after a bite or two.