Bruce Smith & Chef's Restaurant Spaghetti Parm

Bruce must have gone more then just on fridays in his last couple years on Bills...he was starting to get a bit chunky then he went to Wash and lost a lot of weight...I remember watching a Wash game and thinking "WTH, why does he look so buff now for Wash but got fat for us?"...btw, I was expecting to see some chicken on that....that was just spaghetti

6 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'd be curious to know if most of you prefer Chef's to Ilio's.  

Never had Illos but really like chefs

6 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I would say yes.  Ilio's just isn't the same.  If I was going out to eat in LA (Lackawanna), I'd go to Curly's, On Ridge Rd., over Ilio's.

Chef's is Chef's!  Their food is always great but the store bottled sauce is disappointing.,

I love their bottled sauce.

Where is the restaurant ?

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Chef’s has been a family “go to” since I was little. I still go every time that I am in town. Small spaghetti parm, extra crispy with 2 meatballs and a carafe of chianti. 

Oh GREAT! Add one MORE meal I have to cram in for my trip back in September! I should start fasting now, just to get ready. 

My parents were regulars at Chefs, but I don’t actually remember the place. I think that’s where they went to get away from me... My mom still talks about those nights, and she loved that clip today.  She’s 90 but she lit up watching. Thanks! 

• Like (+1) 1

I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Chef's.  But it's freaking awesome to see all the posts about people who love it and have fond memories of the joint.

Places like Chefs are why Buffalo rocks.  

Edited by stony

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Oh GREAT! Add one MORE meal I have to cram in for my trip back in September! I should start fasting now, just to get ready. 

My parents were regulars at Chefs, but I don’t actually remember the place. I think that’s where they went to get away from me... My mom still talks about those nights, and she loved that clip today.  She’s 90 but she lit up watching. Thanks! 

If you go later in September, keep an eye on the Sabres pre-season sked.  Chef's can get crazy crowded before Sabres home games.

2 hours ago, stony said:

I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Chef's.  But it's freaking awesome to see all the posts about people who love it and have fond memories of the joint.

Places like Chefs are why Buffalo rocks.  

Honestly my most vivid memories of Chefs are from before Sabres games at the old Aud.  Ilios reminds me of high school dances and sports banquets. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

God, I haven’t been to Chef’s in years.  It was great.  When we come home for the weekend for a Bills game, we only really have time for a Beef on Weck, Blasdell Pizza (my kids favorite), and of course Mighty Taco.  We also have a family reunion on Saturday so family cooking.

i will try to get there this year.

18 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Chef's is this famous WNY institution, but I find their sauce to be a bit too sweet.  It is very sweet for a Neapolitan sauce of that type and has a very distinct flavor that, to their credit, is always very consistent. 

The problem is I'm not the world's biggest fan of it.

I still enjoy Chef's though and have eaten there many times. 

When I'm in Buffalo and want Italian, though, I go out of my way to go to MULBERRY, not Chef's.

Agreed in all counts as listed above, with one edit. If you've never gone to Mulberry in Lackawanna, make it a point to do so. All of you.