Bruce Smith & Chef's Restaurant Spaghetti Parm

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'd be curious to know if most of you prefer Chef's to Ilio's.  

I would say yes.  Ilio's just isn't the same.  If I was going out to eat in LA (Lackawanna), I'd go to Curly's, On Ridge Rd., over Ilio's.

Chef's is Chef's!  Their food is always great but the store bottled sauce is disappointing.,

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Geo in Pa said:

Curly's sponsored a bowling team I was on back in the early 80's. That place was a dive back then,  hell bag ladies used to give bj's to the old guys at the bar

I went to HS in LA in the 60's.  Guess it didn't change much between the 60's and the 80's but it's much more "up scale" now.  Like Chef's, it even has parking, across the street now.

Chef's is this famous WNY institution, but I find their sauce to be a bit too sweet.  It is very sweet for a Neapolitan sauce of that type and has a very distinct flavor that, to their credit, is always very consistent. 

The problem is I'm not the world's biggest fan of it.

I still enjoy Chef's though and have eaten there many times. 

When I'm in Buffalo and want Italian, though, I go out of my way to go to San Marco, not Chef's.

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Chef's is this famous WNY institution, but I find their sauce to be a bit too sweet.  It is very sweet for a Neapolitan sauce of that type and has a very distinct flavor that, to their credit, is always very consistent. 

The problem is I'm not the world's biggest fan of it.

I still enjoy Chef's though and have eaten there many times. 

When I'm in Buffalo and want Italian, though, I go out of my way to go to San Marco, not Chef's.

Try Linguini's! (they are re-opening in the fall)