Who is Brad Riter and Why Did He Leave WGR?

I listened to WGR as a kid growing up in the Buffalo area and then listened again on The website/app when they added options to live stream.

Once every so often, I hear of a former personality named Brad Riter.  I know that he occasionally subs on-air as well.  My question is who is Brad Riter?  From what I can gather he used to have a regular show on WGR but he either left or was fired.  Does anyone have the details?

He left for reasons i am not sure of but I believe there were a lot of hurt feelings for a while there...it appears things have mended and he occasionally fills in for people and/or is on as a guest from time to time.

From this post it appears WGR fired him unexpectedly in September 2007...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diebytheblade.com/platform/amp/2007/9/19/105438/369

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He left for reasons i am not sure of but I believe there were a lot of hurt feelings for a while there...it appears things have mended and he occasionally fills in for people and/or is on as a guest from time to time.

From this post it appears WGR fired him unexpectedly...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diebytheblade.com/platform/amp/2007/9/19/105438/369

Was he a popular personality?  Like a Sal Carpaccio or Howard Simon?

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I listened to WGR as a kid growing up in the Buffalo area and then listened again on The website/app when they added options to live stream.

Once every so often, I hear of a former personality named Brad Riter.  I know that he occasionally subs on-air as well.  My question is who is Brad Riter?  From what I can gather he used to have a regular show on WGR but he either left or was fired.  Does anyone have the details?

The other day he was on and went into detail on why he left.  He invented a buffalo sports trivia board game and it was very successful.  It was successful enough that he went on to make a bunch of other cities sports trivia board games and now he just kicks back and lives off of his earnings from the board games.

22 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

The other day he was on and went into detail on why he left.  He invented a buffalo sports trivia board game and it was very successful.  It was successful enough that he went on to make a bunch of other cities sports trivia board games and now he just kicks back and lives off of his earnings from the board games.

True, here's his linked in photo:

Image result for mr moneybags

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

I’m calling BS on this.  This is his company. Does it really seem like the type of product that could make you “$et for life?”

http://www.yougottaknowgames.com/

Edited by BuffaloRush

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

After he left GR,he was on WECK (1420) for a bit.I miss him,he was kind to the callers....did the "two sides to a conversation" thing very well.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

After he left GR,he was on WECK (1420) for a bit.I miss him,he was kind to the callers....did the "two sides to a conversation" thing very well.

So a bit off topic but what was the deal with WECK?  From what I’ve heard they tried positioning themselves as an alternative to WGR and took some of their talent like Brant Riter and Nick Mendola.  Again, I wasn’t really listening much during this time

35 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I’m calling BS on this.  This is his company. Does it really seem like the type of product that could make you “$et for life?”

Marketing is important, so you can claim you made a ton and nobody in the lazy media bothers to challenge you.

One of the links mentioned that he used to do a show with Jeremy White.

I made the mistake of listening to Jeremy White and Howard Simon the other morning.  Jeremy was rambling on about some theory of his, and I was reminded, again, and just how fantastically unintelligent he is.

I simply can't listen to him talk.  Howard is no brain surgeon, but he is not nearly as dumb as Jeremy, and he has a pleasant personality about him for the most part.  He is sort of a go-along to get-along guy.

Sorry to go off-topic from Brad Riter.  I don't understand how anyone could listen to Jeremy White for more than about 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Was he a popular personality?  Like a Sal Carpaccio or Howard Simon?

I thought he was, and I liked him quite a bit.

I remember he was doing a live broadcast at a long since defunct restaurant at the Galleria (Kahunaville maybe?) and during a break I couldn't help but go over to him and tell him what a great job I thought he was doing.

He was very appreciative and gracious.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

I'm just relaying what he said.  He said he no longer has a full time job just does things here and there because his board game allows him the luxury to do that.  Whether he is full of it or not I do not know.

Anybody that doesn't hack it with GR you can bet isn't too good. That station is an embarrassment to sports talk. Simon was decent until moving to GR and quickly became typical of their program hosts. Bull Dog used to once in awhile say something meaningful about hockey before becoming a lap dog for someone who knows less yet. Please Buffalo give us something at least average.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So a bit off topic but what was the deal with WECK?  From what I’ve heard they tried positioning themselves as an alternative to WGR and took some of their talent like Brant Riter and Nick Mendola.  Again, I wasn’t really listening much during this time

WECK has a older audience (polkas,oldies top 100). Basically,the average buffalo sports fan never knew they were still on the airwaves.Bottom line...they didn't advertise enough. How much can a 30 second spot be on WBBZ or WNYO ?