After 20 years, Bills Daily shuts down

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I totally forgot about Shout magazine!!!!!  Wow.

I remember when I was about 18 years old and getting a Shout delivered to me.  The internet was starting to take off then but I did say to myself at the time:

"People enjoy reading from newspapers, the internet will never take that away".

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember when I was about 18 years old and getting a Shout delivered to me.  The internet was starting to take off then but I did say to myself at the time:

I absolutely love reading actual newspapers.  My local paper went up so much in price, though, that I simply couldn't justify the cost; especially since they kept raising it (sometimes more than once/year).  I miss it.  It was part of my routine for many years.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I absolutely love reading actual newspapers.  My local paper went up so much in price, though, that I simply couldn't justify the cost; especially since they kept raising it (sometimes more than once/year).  I miss it.  It was part of my routine for many years.

One of the mills I support used to make the paper for newspapers....now they re-purposed the machines to make linerboard, which is the paper part of cardboard.

I wonder if the paper printed on Shout was from that mill?  That would be like the coolest thing ever.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I also had a subscription to Shout.....was stationed in Cape Cod MA at the time and couldnt wait for it to come in the mail....i also called into the shout hotline frequently....anyone remember that?

I always liked their post-game scoring and appreciated the matter of fact writing.

I thought the "old-school" website was a plus, not a negative.  It was the Drudge Report of Bills sites. 

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I always liked their post-game scoring and appreciated the matter of fact writing.

I thought the "old-school" website was a plus, not a negative.  It was the Drudge Report of Bills sites. 

Please don't compare the classic Bills Daily site with the trash that is the Drudge Report, which is little more than a propaganda machine.... Bills Daily had class. 

2 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Please don't compare the classic Bills Daily site with the trash that is the Drudge Report, which is little more than a propaganda machine.... Bills Daily had class. 

You took that farther than I intended.  I was merely commenting on the 90s style of both sites being an asset.  

9 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

I visited the site almost daily. The twitter feed was great because they sorted out only what we wanted to read. And yes, I jumped to this site from their link. Goodbye friend.

6 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

The twitter feed there is crucial

What did you like about the feed?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Saves me from having to maintain my own twitter account and figure out who all to follow and filter.

I'm not on twitter, however long that will last until the next thing pops up, ... but it was mostly all Bills related and it was cool to read. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, JimBob2232 said:

Wow.  I have used that site as my homepage for bills news (even to link here!) for years.  I am honestly not sure what i will do!  What other sites do you guys use?

Me too. Exactly as you stated.

Something will be missing.....sad.

I, too, go there first to do a quick scan of Twitter comments before linking to TBD. Plus, Steve let me pen a couple articles for that site a dozen years ago so I'll always have a soft spot for Bills Daily.

I will miss Steve's draft review and game analysis. I hope he stays connected somehow.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SDS said:

What did you like about the feed?

I don't use twitter, so, when I wanted up to date information I would go to their site and read the feeds. When hearing a rumor about something Bills, I would go to their site and see the updated twitter feed and find out what is going on. They did the best job at it from my perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was on the west coast. I was lucky if I got Shout the Saturday before the next game.

1 hour ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

I don't use twitter, so, when I wanted up to date information I would go to their site and read the feeds. When hearing a rumor about something Bills, I would go to their site and see the updated twitter feed and find out what is going on. They did the best job at it from my perspective.

Don't use twitter either, agree with everything

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I was on the west coast. I was lucky if I got Shout the Saturday before the next game.

I remember a few times that happened to our house.  We would go like 2-3 weeks without a paper and then all 2-3 were sent at once.  Then I was reading about previews of games that already happened.