Awful (but memorable) TV commercials

Golden Goat

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Thanks to that commercial, and a line from an old Beverly Cleary book, I have remembered that fig newtons are really filled with ground up earthworms.  ?

8 hours ago, Greybeard said:

4 minutes and 41 seconds.  Most have cost a fortune to run.  I thought it was a production of the times, especially the singing.  And I don't recall it at all.

The sort of commercial that comes on, and the viewer says "oh good, I've got time to bathe the dog".

where's the early 1970s gem of the old bag in a cafeteria surrounded by smokers and she pulls out a skunk and gas mask to protest

------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to post links, but I can't believe I'm on page two of the thread, and nobody has mentioned the "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" commercials.  I think they were for Life Alert maybe, back in the 80's and early 90's if I recall correctly.  Do yourself a favor and google up that bunch of awesome :)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I don't know how to post links, but I can't believe I'm on page two of the thread, and nobody has mentioned the "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" commercials.  I think they were for Life Alert maybe, back in the 80's and early 90's if I recall correctly.  Do yourself a favor and google up that bunch of awesome :)

Those and does anyone remember the hanker for a hunk of cheese commercials back in the 80s?    

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Those and does anyone remember the hanker for a hunk of cheese commercials back in the 80s?    

Yes - animated block of cheese with cowboy boots on singing about hankering for cheese.  Wouldn't that be cannibalism? ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Clara Peller did a funnier one for Ryder Trucks.

"Ed!  It's time to take the rabbits to the pet store."

EDIT:  Sorry, TtownBillsFan, this was meant to be an answer and agreement with your posting.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Never type when using gas station cell phone charger on 'high' setting.