Demarco Murray retires

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Must have heard the Bills might be interested in him?

You beat me to it.

The communication may have gone something like this:

Beane calls Murray's agent: "Hi, this is Brandon Beane, GM of the Buffalo Bills.  I'd like to find out if your client, DeMarco Murray, would have any interest in joining our team."

Agent: "Let me find out and get back to you."

Agent contacts Murray: "DeMarco, I just got a call from the Buffalo Bills asking if you'd be interested in joining them."

Murray, knowing the Bills had two of their top offensive linemen retire and question marks at the QB and WR positions: "What?! Hell no!!  Tell them I retired!"

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Good thing Eddie Lacy is still out there. HA

...don't think so......Rex and Rob hired him as a"Line Coach" at Golden Corral....all you can eat......hell even an endorsement as the new Michelin Man could be some serious coin....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case. Murray was actually very good in 2016 with the Titans. 

Still wasn't as good as 2014 with the Cowboys.  He dropped off a lot last year.

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Still wasn't as good as 2014 with the Cowboys.  He dropped off a lot last year.

He was darned good in '16.  He had 99 fewer carries than in '14 with the Cowboys.  Last year Henry became the man at RB, but he was still decent as the 2nd guy. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurrDe00.htm

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was darned good in '16.  He had 99 fewer carries than in '14 with the Cowboys.  Last year Henry became the man at RB, but he was still decent as the 2nd guy. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MurrDe00.htm

Fair enough; admittedly I overlooked the # of carries.  But would you want Murray now, IF he did not announce his retirement?  I personally would not.

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Fair enough; admittedly I overlooked the # of carries.  But would you want Murray now, IF he did not announce his retirement?  I personally would not.

If Shady weren't available I think he'd be okay in a RBBC deployment. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good.  I really want to see Adrian Peterson in a Bills uniform even if he isn’t the same guy he was.  The Bills are known for their RBs.  Let’s add another HoF to our history books.  He’s better than ivory, and I’m a fan of ivory.  Would prefer if ivory wasn’t our lead back if shady is suspended.  Too bad mcbeane probably wouldn’t want a guy that whooped on his kid 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Good.  I really want to see Adrian Peterson in a Bills uniform even if he isn’t the same guy he was.  The Bills are known for their RBs.  Let’s add another HoF to our history books.  He’s better than ivory, and I’m a fan of ivory.  Would prefer if ivory wasn’t our lead back if shady is suspended.  Too bad mcbeane probably wouldn’t want a guy that whooped on his kid 

Yea, something tells me signing a guy once suspended for whooping his kid to replace a guy that (among other thus far not proven allegations) abused his kid would be a bad look.

I thought he could have had one more productive season. His 2016 with the Titans was a strong season, he fell off a lot in 2017 and being banged up a bit didn't help. I thought maybe at age 30 with only 7 years and well under 2,000 carries he could be worth kicking the tires on.