Did the Russians change my vote?

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I understand the Russians posted stupid **** on Facebook that dullards such as yourself were too gullible to doubt.

That's not "hacking the election."  That's you being an idiot.  It's not illegal for Russians to lie to idiots like you.

They have no clue at all

There are millions of hackers out there every day working away at anyone with a password 

I doubt Putin had them on the payroll

i doubt it made any diff to the election

hackers are currently trying to or successfully breaking into the DNC servers right now

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I understand the Russians posted stupid **** on Facebook that dullards such as yourself were too gullible to doubt.

That's not "hacking the election."  That's you being an idiot.  It's not illegal for Russians to lie to idiots like you.

No, you don't understand what happened. Insult me all you want, you are still doing it from a position of ignorance. And since all the info is right out there, it must be, sadly, willful ignorance on your part.

6 hours ago, Kelly101 said:

There's always a maxine waters bitter beer face pootin peachin 45 on every social media site, isn't there.

Maxine Waters isn't a traitor

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Russian intelligence launched a concerted attack to influence a US presidential election--and were caught doing so. 

The gullibility of the American public to fall for Russian memes aside, that's something worth reacting to negatively--as an American. 

Your snark is an easy escape hatch from actually caring about your country and the people in it. It's a magnitude more intellectually challenging--and rewarding--to care about the world and work to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Russian intelligence launched a concerted attack to influence a US presidential election--and were caught doing so. 

The gullibility of the American public to fall for Russian memes aside, that's something worth reacting to negatively--as an American. 

Your snark is an easy escape hatch from actually caring about your country and the people in it. It's a magnitude more intellectually challenging--and rewarding--to care about the world and work to fix it. 

So, russia tried to do to us what we tried to do to Israel, and it's somehow a moral issue?

Come the !@#$ on. Just how gullible do you have to be to buy into the lines the unelected government bureaucracy spews at you?

Edited by joesixpack

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

So, russia tried to do to us what we tried to do to Israel, and it's somehow a moral issue?

Not relevant to my concern about Russia—a totalitarian state—employing its intelligence agencies to influence our democracy and being caught doing so. 

“We all do it” is what my little brother used to say when he got caught breaking curfew. That’s a childish release of responsibility. 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not relevant to my concern about Russia—a totalitarian state—employing its intelligence agencies to influence our democracy and being caught doing so. 

“We all do it” is what my little brother used to say when he got caught breaking curfew. That’s a childish release of responsibility. 

:lol:

So, again, you're OK with us fiddling with other peoples' elections because...America! You can safely be ignored as your opinion is less than worthless.

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Russians posted stupid **** on Facebook.  People believed it.

That's not an act of war.  That's marketing.

And Net Neutrality in action.  What, are we against an open internet now?

13 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

And I bet you were the one who tattled on him.

i grew up with Watergate interrupting Commander Tom, and everything from the media and Hollywood told me the CIA and FBI were 100% murderous scum out to destroy all our freedoms.

i thought Russia a danger back then but those people wouldn't admit it

now those people tell me the CIA and FBI are 100% perfect and Russia is a horrible threat.

don't see it.

55 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

"We all do it" is an absolutely valid response to anyone exhibiting outrage over the situation because it gives the action context, and understanding a thing requires understanding the context in which it exists.

People should not be getting outraged over common behavior which all nations engage in as part of the status quo of normal geo-politics.  Full stop.

Further, the purchase of Facebook adds is incredibly benign in the overall sector of this sort of behavior.  Do you believe that American citizens should be prevented by their government from hearing about what people in other nations, and the leaders of other nations, think about our government? 

If not, why not?

If yes, how can a people be considered a free people if their government is permitted to control what information they are allowed to consume?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

54 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i grew up with Watergate interrupting Commander Tom, and everything from the media and Hollywood told me the CIA and FBI were 100% murderous scum out to destroy all our freedoms.

i thought Russia a danger back then but those people wouldn't admit it

now those people tell me the CIA and FBI are 100% perfect and Russia is a horrible threat.

don't see it.

Hell, I thought Russia was a danger back when the 80s wanted their foreign policy back...

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hell, I thought Russia was a danger back when the 80s wanted their foreign policy back...

image.png.9a3551f8b4897ae5a7a294bc165d9c63.png

not missing it for one second, a president like the man pictured above....

• Haha (+1) 1

I was walking my dog this morning and almost tripped over a rock.  I kicked down the road a little.  I looked down where the rock was, and there was a Russian down there. (S)he was hiding under the rock.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1