Dave Thomas (Rocketship 7) returns to Chef's Restaurant

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Can't believe Promo hasn't chimed in yet!...

Back in 1998 when TBD was called 'HyperBills' and was part of the Rochester D&C, I signed up. I wanted a name that only someone my age who grew up in Buffalo would get. Hence, I assumed the PTR persona, not only here but in Twitter as well.

Since then someone has launched accounts for the 'real' Promo, but no one had ever contacted me about wanting the handle back.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Back in 1998 when TBD was called 'HyperBills' and was part of the Rochester D&C, I signed up. I wanted a name that only someone my age who grew up in Buffalo would get. Hence, I assumed the PTR persona, not only here but in Twitter as well.

Since then someone has launched accounts for the 'real' Promo, but no one had ever contacted me about wanting the handle back.

Best user name on the site.

I remember it so well.

• 1 year later...

Always an early riser, I got tuned in when the test pattern was still on.

A little "Diver Dan," maybe the Air Force ad with their song:

"They took the blue from the sky and a pretty girl's eye,

And a touch of of Old Glory Too...."

Then into Rocket Ship Seven.

Led me to a three year career as a Courier Express delivery boy, and from there...........

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Visniak from Sloan. 7 oz splits of pop! (Never soda.)

10-13-2016-8-40-34-AM-7615410.jpg

Considering all the half filled 12 ounce soda cans left around over the years, the 7 ounce bottles are a good idea.  I see Coke is now in Canada producing a small can, at an outrageous price for a 6 pack.

Hey, this is still Dave Thomas’ thread.  I’ll surrender my (inadvertent) hijack attempt.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013