Ben McAdoo had Allen rated #1

21 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But wouldn't a good OC know that replacing Manning with Geno is a dumb move? I would think anyone associated with football would know replacing Manning with Geno Smith is a dumb move.....

My line of thinking is a comparison to an NHL goaltender.  In almost every conceivable way, the starter will be better and you would never bench him for a half rate bottom feeder, who is currently riding the bench.  Not all backups are terrible, but some are. 

Replacing any QB named Manning with any QB named Smith does not sound like a good idea initially,  but when you look at the specific reason that a change may occur, a Smith may get put in.

Not a dumb move in some cases 

3 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Maybe that’s a similar case to pulling Tyrod mid season.  And I for one, was totally behind the benching of Tyrod, regardless of who was 2nd string.  When a guy needs to be pulled, so be it. 

I haven’t paid much attention to the Giants other than hating on Odell any chance I get.  Eli over Geno every time.......unless Eli needs to be benched, like some starters occasionally do.

Was the benching warranted?

At least to me benching Eli wasn't the worst of it. It was replacing him with Geno when they had a young QB they could have taken a hard look at in live action. 

We know what Geno is. If a move was made with an eye to the future in a lost season...that I could have been ok with. Starting Geno over Webb at that point is about the dumbest move he could have made.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From my understanding, the Giants were 2-9 and the season was over.  They weren't going anywhere with Manning (I guess they felt at the time) so they wanted to see what they had in Davis and Smith.  Davis, I can understand since he was drafted just the year before.  Never understood playing Smith....

Thank you for clearing that up, I appreciate it.

In that instance, you might as well try the Smiths and Petermans of the world.

I understand the Bills were in the playoff race, unlike when the Giants decided to try, but Tyrod had to be given a message and the team had to try something else. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

At least to me benching Eli wasn't the worst of it. It was replacing him with Geno when they had a young QB they could have taken a hard look at in live action. 

We know what Geno is. If a move was made with an eye to the future in a lost season...that I could have been ok with. Starting Geno over Webb at that point is about the dumbest move he could have made.

Lol agreed.  Actually made me chuckle

• Like (+1) 1

Heitz posted this already in the Allen/Rosen thread.

The funniest part of this article is that Mcadoo was "ranking"  QB prospects at all.

WhY??

This guy was a clown all year last season.  No he's talking about his goofy QB rankings.  Gold.

I recall during the draft Phil Simms was gushing over the Allen pick.  Said he is the best QB in the draft.  So that's another big name sticking his reputation as an NFL evaluator on Josh Allen.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I recall during the draft Phil Simms was gushing over the Allen pick.  Said he is the best QB in the draft.  So that's another big name sticking his reputation as an NFL evaluator on Josh Allen.

I think that was actually Phil's son, Chris, gushing over Allen.

Just now, zow2 said:

I don't think anyone's reputation is going to be saved or lost by anything they say during a Draft analysis show.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The funniest part of this article is that Mcadoo was "ranking"  QB prospects at all.

WhY??

This guy was a clown all year last season.  No he's talking about his goofy QB rankings.  Gold.

My assumption was that he was ranking them because he's a "football guy" and only posted because it fell in the category of "Bills stuff".  Regardless, I'm not trusting McAdoo based on hairstyle alone... :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WhY??

He will be an OC somewhere after this season and in the NFL. Maybe in Tampa after they fire Koetter and hire a new HC.

2 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I can tell you for sure Mayfield is NOT the 6th rated QB

Behind Rudolph???

Now, I am worried

Baker Mayfield is the exact same size as me. And I physically have no business being in the NFL. I think he is going to have a very hard time finishing seasons. They are also going to have to design a very Drew Brees playbook for him to get him from out behind all of the six four and six five offensive linemen in front of him.  It works in college, but it seldom works in the NFL. Granted there are few exceptions, but Flutie couldn't even get that kind of love.

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WhY??

I'm a firm believer in the Peter Principle. Granted, the man didn't have much success as the Giants head coach, but he has the League's respect as a talent evaluator of quarterbacks and an offense of coordinator. Or he wouldn't have got a head coaching job to begin with. Now that he's put his list out, it'll be interesting to see how accurate he is at the end of the year.