Ben McAdoo had Allen rated #1

Interesting that Ben McAdoo and Pat Shermur had Allen as their #1 qb from this year’s draft. McAdoo studied this year’s crop of qbs and ranked as follows:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Darnold

4. Rosen

5. Rudolph

6. Mayfield 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/13/ben-mcadoo-doesnt-like-the-way-sam-darnold-throws-the-football/amp/

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, racketmaster said:

Interesting that Ben McAdoo and Pat Shermur had Allen as their #1 qb from this year’s draft. McAdoo studied this year’s crop of qbs and ranked as follows:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Darnold

4. Rosen

5. Rudolph

6. Mayfield 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/13/ben-mcadoo-doesnt-like-the-way-sam-darnold-throws-the-football/amp/

I wish McAdoo was here as OC, he find a job yet? It won’t be long.

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ben McAdoo is a moron. We’re in trouble

He isn’t HC material but I think he is one of the better young offensive minded coaches out there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ben McAdoo is a moron. We’re in trouble

Pat Shermur is said to have Allen number 1 as well. Also, Steve Fairchild ranked Allen his #1 qb. It is encouraging that NFL offensive coordinators thought Allen was the top qb. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was a good coordinator.  He just can't run a team.

5 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

Pat Shermur is said to have Allen number 1 as well. Also, Steve Fairchild ranked Allen his #1 qb. It is encouraging that NFL offensive coordinators thought Allen was the top qb. 

He benched Eli Manning for Geno Smith. That’s all I need to know

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Darnold

4. Rosen

5. Rudolph

6. Mayfield 

This is the first report I've seen about Allen that makes me worry.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Darnold

4. Rosen

5. Rudolph

6. Mayfield 

He had Jackson #2???

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

1. Allen

2. Jackson

3. Darnold

4. Rosen

5. Rudolph

6. Mayfield 

The story hasn't changed. Some smart NFL folks love Allen.  Other smart folks think he's a wasted pick.

We'll know when we know.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

These do not mean anything at all. The fact that we need constant reaffirmation that Allen can be good says more about where we are at tbh.

Who is "we" need affirmation, the fans, who gives a darn.  Now if OBD need affirmation, well yes then we are in big big trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And that's a terrible HC move which he was terrible at.  He was a good coordinator.

He improved the offense after taking over for Gilbride.

But wouldn't a good OC know that replacing Manning with Geno is a dumb move? I would think anyone associated with football would know replacing Manning with Geno Smith is a dumb move.....

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And that's a terrible HC move which he was terrible at.  He was a good coordinator.

He improved the offense after taking over for Gilbride.

Maybe that’s a similar case to pulling Tyrod mid season.  And I for one, was totally behind the benching of Tyrod, regardless of who was 2nd string.  When a guy needs to be pulled, so be it. 

I haven’t paid much attention to the Giants other than hating on Odell any chance I get.  Eli over Geno every time.......unless Eli needs to be benched, like some starters occasionally do.

Was the benching warranted?

1 minute ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Maybe that’s a similar case to pulling Tyrod mid season.  And I for one, was totally behind the benching of Tyrod, regardless of who was 2nd string.  When a guy needs to be pulled, so be it. 

I haven’t paid much attention to the Giants other than hating on Odell any chance I get.  Eli over Geno every time.......unless Eli needs to be benched, like some starters occasionally do.

Was the benching warranted?

From my understanding, the Giants were 2-9 and the season was over.  They weren't going anywhere with Manning (I guess they felt at the time) so they wanted to see what they had in Davis and Smith.  Davis, I can understand since he was drafted just the year before.  Never understood playing Smith....