Any TGIF Fans on ABC Growing Up?

Another Fan

An appropriate date of the week to ask this question.  As a child of the 90s Family Matters, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World were some of my favorite shows.  Probably still some of the last TV shows I looked forward to watching as they aired.  

• Like (+1) 1

That Dana from Step By Step was one piece of asche. I know from experience, if ya know what I mean...

Well, not me and her personally, but her and a guy I know. WOO WEE!

Image result for chris farley billy madison gif

Edited by The Jerk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude...dude....duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

I am not lying to you when I say this.....but I was going to create a thread about TGIF with what the best line up was.

This is creepy that this thread happened.....

Brilliant minds think alike

All those family type comedies that started with Garry Marshall's 'Happy Days' and continued into the TGIF lineup all seemed to manage to lose family members, yet acquire a fringe character that was later expanded into a much bigger role.  'Happy Days': We lost Chuck Cunningham, but got Arthur Fonzarelli.  On 'Step by Step', we lost Brendan Lambert somehow, yet ended up with the idiot nephew Cody. On ''Family Matters', youngest daughter Judy Winslow was squeezed out by bigger and bigger doses of Steve Urkel.  When Urkel burned down Leroy's, he had Chachi Arcola to thank for blazing the trail.  (Pardon the pun.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

An appropriate date of the week to ask this question.  As a child of the 90s Family Matters, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World were some of my favorite shows.  Probably still some of the last TV shows I looked forward to watching as they aired.  

I was all set to say " meeeeeee!" thinking you were referring to The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Odd Couple and Love, American Style lineup.  I never even heard of any of those shows you listed.  ?

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Ahh the old Friday Night Lineup...

How could you not be a fan of TGIF if you grew up back then?  That was always one of the most exciting times of the week...Feel bad for kids growing up nowadays there's nothing like that now

They don't need that now, they have their phones :(

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was all set to say " meeeeeee!" thinking you were referring to The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Odd Couple and Love, American Style lineup.  I never even heard of any of those shows you listed.  ?

Now you’re talkin’!  The Odd Couple and Love, American Style were shows I looked forward to. The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family, not so much. 

My kids watched the shows mentioned by the OP.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Now you’re talkin’!  The Odd Couple and Love, American Style were shows I looked forward to. The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family, not so much. 

My kids watched the shows mentioned by the OP.

My son didn't watch them either. Not sure if we (he) missed out or not.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:46 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

All those family type comedies that started with Garry Marshall's 'Happy Days' and continued into the TGIF lineup all seemed to manage to lose family members, yet acquire a fringe character that was later expanded into a much bigger role.  'Happy Days': We lost Chuck Cunningham, but got Arthur Fonzarelli.  On 'Step by Step', we lost Brendan Lambert somehow, yet ended up with the idiot nephew Cody. On ''Family Matters', youngest daughter Judy Winslow was squeezed out by bigger and bigger doses of Steve Urkel.  When Urkel burned down Leroy's, he had Chachi Arcola to thank for blazing the trail.  (Pardon the pun.)

It was either for more urkel or for more of the young Nephew as he kind of took over the "cute young kid" character on the show that all those sitcoms had to have....

I don't think they lost a character at the time, but The Brady Bunch at the end also brought on the cousin. Seemed like as the family sitcoms get older, they always try to bring in a new character to take a lead.

I'm trying to remember what the original TGIF lineup would have been

I remember Full House, but there was also the show with Jason Batemen I believe. Was Perfect Strangers also part of TGIF?